TV Discussion: Ms. Marvel on Disney + debuting June 8 2022 Update: Season 2!!!

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Props for giving the Middle Eastern some love.

It looks like a kiddie show, but it might turn out more than what we see in the trailer.

Similar to “Stranger Things” and “Raising Dion” on Netflix.

Im pretty sure this show is probably gonna have a big tie in, or 2. People outright dismissing it before seeing it are just weird

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
It's based on a comic that was praised for the way it included her family and muslin themes... And people are complaining it looks like a family show and about the Muslim themes... :dunno: Can't make this stuff up.

I'm tired of adults crying over comic book shit, Please go read a fucking book or watch a film aimed at your age demographic if this is too kiddie and let people enjoy themselves lol

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i think i am aging out of the MCU.
It's based on a comic that was praised for the way it included her family and muslin themes... And people are complaining it looks like a family show and about the Muslim themes... :dunno: Can't make this stuff up.

I'm tired of adults crying over comic book shit, Please go read a fucking book or watch a film aimed at your age demographic if this is too kiddie and let people enjoy themselves lol
Mofos just complain about nothing. Shit is mad retarded! :smh: This dude just said he’s aging out of the MCU; mofo how old are u?? They make one kid show and people act stupid! Make one woman show and niggas act even more stupid! Shit Is beyond weird and very suspect…

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mofos just complain about nothing. Shit is mad retarded! :smh: This dude just said he’s aging out of the MCU; mofo how old are u?? They make one kid show and people act stupid! Make one woman show and niggas act even more stupid! Shit Is beyond weird and very suspect…

Its like people need to get over themselves. Nobody cares what YOU like......The quicker people understand that the better.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its like people need to get over themselves. Nobody cares what YOU like......The quicker people understand that the better.
They act like the biggest franchise in the movie business, right now, can’t cater to certain demographics :smh::smh: MCU has made 8 tv shows! And maybe 1 caters to women and 1 caters to kids, and these mofos are losing their dam minds. I’m like wtf are these fools talking about…

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I’ll be waiting for all the episodes to debut and binge watch them.

Will be staying out of the thread, It’s pretty obvious there will be some big cameo’s and a final after credit scene that will get folks talking.

See you later with my review.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
DeWanda Wise Opens Up About the ‘Painful’ Reason Why She Had to Exit ‘Captain Marvel’

On the cusp of her debut in “Jurassic World: Dominion,” actress DeWanda Wise is opening up about why she had to vacate her first shot at franchise filmmaking in the 2019 film “Captain Marvel.”
Wise was originally cast as the character Maria Rambeau, best friend to Brie Larson’s pilot-turned-superhero Carol Danvers in the Marvel Studios film, but ended up having to leave the role due to scheduling conflicts outside of her control.

It wasn’t a choice,” Wise told Collider. “I committed to ‘She’s Gotta Have It’. When you commit to something, you commit to it. And it just so happened that when they decided to essentially expand the role in ‘Captain Marvel’ a little longer, a little larger, it conflicted with a very specific moment that we were shooting in Season 2, a very special episode that we shot that I would not trade for anything in the world when we shot in Puerto Rico.”

Wise played Nola Darling in Spike Lee’s Netflix series “She’s Gotta Have It,” and was contractually committed to the show’s second season, making her role in “Captain Marvel” impossible. The actress admitted the experience was a painful one.
“That was experientially, spiritually, personally one of the most remarkable and life-changing moments of my life,” Wise said. “So it was painful. It was painful to be told no at the time. It wasn’t something that I didn’t have to grieve and process and be like, wow, this was a really big opportunity that felt like, at the time, that it was taken from me, but now of course, when you play it back and you’re like, ‘Oh, I’m playing a pilot. Here’s why. Here’s why. That’s why this didn’t happen, so that I could do this in this way.’”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I’ll be waiting for all the episodes to debut and binge watch them.

Will be staying out of the thread, It’s pretty obvious there will be some big cameo’s and a final after credit scene that will get folks talking.

See you later with my review.

Can't wait

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
DeWanda Wise Opens Up About the ‘Painful’ Reason Why She Had to Exit ‘Captain Marvel’

On the cusp of her debut in “Jurassic World: Dominion,” actress DeWanda Wise is opening up about why she had to vacate her first shot at franchise filmmaking in the 2019 film “Captain Marvel.”
Wise was originally cast as the character Maria Rambeau, best friend to Brie Larson’s pilot-turned-superhero Carol Danvers in the Marvel Studios film, but ended up having to leave the role due to scheduling conflicts outside of her control.

It wasn’t a choice,” Wise told Collider. “I committed to ‘She’s Gotta Have It’. When you commit to something, you commit to it. And it just so happened that when they decided to essentially expand the role in ‘Captain Marvel’ a little longer, a little larger, it conflicted with a very specific moment that we were shooting in Season 2, a very special episode that we shot that I would not trade for anything in the world when we shot in Puerto Rico.”

Wise played Nola Darling in Spike Lee’s Netflix series “She’s Gotta Have It,” and was contractually committed to the show’s second season, making her role in “Captain Marvel” impossible. The actress admitted the experience was a painful one.
“That was experientially, spiritually, personally one of the most remarkable and life-changing moments of my life,” Wise said. “So it was painful. It was painful to be told no at the time. It wasn’t something that I didn’t have to grieve and process and be like, wow, this was a really big opportunity that felt like, at the time, that it was taken from me, but now of course, when you play it back and you’re like, ‘Oh, I’m playing a pilot. Here’s why. Here’s why. That’s why this didn’t happen, so that I could do this in this way.’”

Hold hold on.

Did Netflix say NO?

Because first she says she did not want to mess that part of season 2 so she was committed to do it, period.

But later says IT WAS PAINFUL TO BE TOLD NO.

Is that Marvel saying NO we cannot wait for you?

Or is it Netflix telling her NO she can't do Captain Marvel??

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

naw. it is not just this show.

mcu movies/series are not sight unseen first weekend events for me anymore. in the past i was buying mcu tickets without watching trailers or hearing any word of mouth.

besides the last spidey movie i haven't been impressed with too many mcu movies, including the dr. strange sequel. moon knight was just okay.

i am definitely waiting on word of mouth before going to see the latest thor.

i been reading comics since the 80's. i was heavily invested in the mcu succeeding. now it's just meh to me overall.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

mcu movies/series are not sight unseen first weekend events for me anymore. in the past i was buying mcu tickets without watching trailers or hearing any word of mouth.

besides the last spidey movie i haven't been impressed with too many mcu movies, including the dr. strange sequel. moon knight was just okay.

i been reading comics since the 80's. i was heavily invested in the mcu succeeding. now it's just meh to me overall.
Same here I just don't like ms marvel at all she's a lame character. I couldn't get into her in the comics .

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

There’s been 4 movies! Black Widow wasn’t phase 4. So that leaves Shang Chi, Eternals, Dr Strange 2, and Spidey. One great movie, one good movie, one very solid movie, and 1 average to below movie. That sounds like the MCU to me!! You mofos look at the last phases and comparing them to the start of new phases. It makes no sense. There have been 6 TV shows. All of them have been solid to good! Loki, Falcon, Wanda, Hawkeye, Moon, What If were all solid shows. Mrs Marvel not for me but I might check it out. But I swear you guys complain about nothing! But that’s people in general so it makes sense…

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just finished ep 1. I really like what they did with the text messaging. They crammed a bunch of visual easter eggs in there. Good tie in with Damage control at the end. They did a good job with the mother and father.

harmless fun.....I saw some darkness when she put the bracelet on. Im still holding out hope for Kamala to still be Inhuman

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
God damn that was a fun and charming first episode, I was cautiously optimistic but I gotta say I was very impressed by the direction/acting/editing/music/and writing. they also captured the family from the comics very well. Can't wait to see where it goes. Imam is excellent as khamala.

Also loved that it has a spider verse feel to it.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
God damn that was a fun and charming first episode, I was cautiously optimistic but I gotta say I was very impressed by the direction/acting/editing/music/and writing. they also captured the family from the comics very well. Can't wait to see where it goes. Imam is excellent as khamala.

Also loved that it has a spider verse feel to it.
Ok ok ima have to check it out. Thought it would be geared more towards kids but I've been seeing very solid reviews about it. Not surprising because MCU has delivered on their TV shows...

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

These are the very last people to talk. The fucking gall of these people complaining about a Muslim superhero show.

thanos-infinity.gif

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I only knew of Ms. Marvel because i would see her comics advertised in the Marvel Previews catalog but this is a fun show. Visually stylish and quite involving. If you had the type of parents that didnt want you to grow up to fast you will relate to the character and can we get a real Avengers Con?