TV Discussion: Special Ops: Lioness f Zoe Saldaña Leads CIA Anti-Terror Mission (Paramount +) UPDATE: SEASON 2 trailer

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Taylor Sheridan is already hitting another ball out of the park with this new series.
Straight out the gate the show grabbed me and my family members and I have some family members that shy away from intense violence.
Great script and plot with great performances . Can't wait for episode 3 of this already involving and intense series which feels like a blend of G.I Jane and Tehran

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
MV5BMmRkMWQzZWUtZjkzNS00OWVhLTkxNDAtNzg4ODgxMTg0MTNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzOTQyOTk1._V1_.jpg

Joe attempts to balance her personal and professional life as the tip of the CIA's spear in the war on terror; the Lioness Program enlists Cruz to operate undercover alongside Joe among the power brokers of State terrorism.

so far so good....

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
MV5BMmRkMWQzZWUtZjkzNS00OWVhLTkxNDAtNzg4ODgxMTg0MTNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzOTQyOTk1._V1_.jpg

Joe attempts to balance her personal and professional life as the tip of the CIA's spear in the war on terror; the Lioness Program enlists Cruz to operate undercover alongside Joe among the power brokers of State terrorism.

so far so good....

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

My man Stamper (aka Michael Kelly) makes any spy or legal show/movie legit. Just got done watching him in Jack Ryan and as usual he was great!

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I wasn't impressed watching the first two episodes

It's something to watch

but the first 10 minutes was far better than the rest of it.

I hate the speed training shit shows and movies do and now she's super soldier fucking everyone up :rolleyes:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Taylor Sheridan is already hitting another ball out of the park with this new series.
Straight out the gate the show grabbed me and my family members and I have some family members that shy away from intense violence.
Great script and plot with great performances . Can't wait for episode 3 of this already involving and intense series which feels like a blend of G.I Jane and Tehran

About to start it tonight

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I deliberately didn't start watching this although I was hyped beforehand because a critic I usually trust... dude in the top 5 crapped on it

And I cannot believe how wrong he was.

My dad suggested we check it out. He heard some good reviews from one of the radio hosts he listens to.

We enjoyed it for what it's worth, lol. Over the top action scenes with gratuitous sex here and there too.

Plus, it had a great theme song too!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
My dad suggested we check it out. He heard some good reviews from one of the radio hosts he listens to.

We enjoyed it for what it's worth, lol. Over the top action scenes with gratuitous sex here and there too.

I LOVED this series never got to see the final season

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Loved that show for the T&A. Caught the first few seasons.

thumb3_StrikeBack-3-becker-hd-04.jpg
thumb3_strike-project-orourke-hd-04.jpg

thumb3_Lukes-Strike-Back_771246.jpg
thumb3_claire_cooper_6723b7.jpg

Funny thing is most of the females the lead character slept with on the show wound up getting merked towards the end of the episode :lol:

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Basically it's "Strike Back" with female leads..
Nope, it's nothing like Strike Back at all. Strike Back was pure male fan service, jam packed with gratuitous sex/nudity and graphic violence. This is a lot more cerebral. There's a lot more examination of the Zoe Saldana's home life as she balances being a CIA field operative with being a wife and mother. The action is also way more understated here than in Strike Back -- for example, this last episode they took out a house full of AQ terrorists and barely made a sound, there were explosive in the house that were detonated off screen. On Strike Back, that house would have blown up while the soldiers raced to exit the building after a lengthy gun fight (Jerry Bruckheimer-style).