TV Discussion: Special Ops: Lioness f Zoe Saldaña Leads CIA Anti-Terror Mission (Paramount +) UPDATE: SEASON 2 trailer

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
023473ca7dd5-zoe-saldana-nicole-kidman.jpg
nicole-kidman-zoe-saldana-lioness-press-london-16.jpg
Now i want to see them do a movie similar to Chloe:lol:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
heres whats NQR about Lioness....I dont see a season 2 coming out of it...was it meant to be a 1 season shot??

IF it does come back it shouldnt have zoe saldana in it or the lioness operative herself....those 2 characters are done.

Season 2 should have 2 different actors and characters in those roles IF there's is a S2.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
heres whats NQR about Lioness....I dont see a season 2 coming out of it...was it meant to be a 1 season shot??

IF it does come back it shouldnt have zoe saldana in it or the lioness operative herself....those 2 characters are done.

Season 2 should have 2 different actors and characters in those roles IF there's is a S2.
That was my biggest complaint as well. They didn't leave any thread for a season 2 at all, everything got wrapped up by the finale. It's as if they knew they wouldn't be able to bring back these big name talents for a second season of streaming TV, so they did the whole thing like a limited series event.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
To me, it was standard clandestine-middle east - spy/secret commandoes stuff. But I was entertained. That Stephanie Nur's eyes... Man, she is gorgeous.

The ending was corny asf. All the security they have and it takes this one guy 5 minutes to blow her cover?

It was cool to see Jill Wagner cussing her ass off but she was totally miscast. Maybe because I'm used to seeing her in all those family-type shows.

After the Warthog went through it was kinda downhill. Watching that 30 mil cannon was exhilarating.

All the spy, backstabbing political stuff we've seen a hundred times before.

So, basically, a twist on Zero Dark Thirty, entertaining but if they do season 2 it would have to be a whole new everything. I suppose they could riff on the relationship between Cruz and Aaliyah.

64b7f97c593b890019f1ad27

Special-Ops-Lioness-Episode-4-compressed.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
To me, it was standard clandestine-middle east - spy/secret commandoes stuff. But I was entertained. That Stephanie Nur's eyes... Man, she is gorgeous.

The ending was corny asf. All the security they have and it takes this one guy 5 minutes to blow her cover?

It was cool to see Jill Wagner cussing her ass off but she was totally miscast. Maybe because I'm used to seeing her in all those family-type shows.

After the Warthog went through it was kinda downhill. Watching that 30 mil cannon was exhilarating.

All the spy, backstabbing political stuff we've seen a hundred times before.

So, basically, a twist on Zero Dark Thirty, entertaining but if they do season 2 it would have to be a whole new everything. I suppose they could riff on the relationship between Cruz and Aaliyah.

64b7f97c593b890019f1ad27

Special-Ops-Lioness-Episode-4-compressed.jpg

^^^^

all this is completely true but damn it I was thoroughly entertained

And I've come to place where that is all I can ask for

2nd season is his problem but it is VERY doable.

You can either create a new devil in a female form now who is more powerful than her father ever was.

And the actual source of the bombing on US soil could be leaked. But that would require a level of sophistication and complexity of international espionage I don't think they ready or capable of.

But I really had a good time was show.

If it's a one off I'm good.

But I want another new Lioness this time with the same crew.

Last edited:

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
^^^^

You can either create a new devil in a female form now who is more powerful than ever. And the actually source of the bombing leaked. But that would a level of sophistication and complexity of international espionage I don't think they ready or capable of.

But I want another new Lioness this team with the same crew.

Oh yeah, I was entertained. They/he managed to keep a good balance between the family stuff, the government stuff, the military stuff, the op, and the sex. Not easy to do.
Jill Wagner trying to play Michelle Rodríguez is painful to watch but okay.

Listen, I'd watch Nur and De Oliveira in bikinis/lingerie anytime. I could see S02 as Aaliyah somehow contacting Lioness and wanting out with info maybe? Cruz is working as a DI somewhere and comes back. Because of the debacle in Texas, the team is broken up so it'll take at least 3 eps to put the band back together. Joe has family issues etc. Cruz goes rogue to save the woman she loves who is on the run in the middle east. Only Joe and the team can save them because they've been disavowed. Love scenes in tense moments. Joe cheats with Kyle. Firefights with cool equipment - maybe a GE minigun! - somebody sacrifices themselves so the lovers can escape. Against all odds (and reality) they make it through and walk into the sunset. Roll credits.

It's a trope we've seen many times but like so many other ensemble shows, it's really about how the actors interact with one another. And this bunch was pretty good.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Oh yeah, I was entertained. They/he managed to keep a good balance between the family stuff, the government stuff, the military stuff, the op, and the sex. Not easy to do.

Listen, I'd watch Nur and De Oliveira in bikinis/lingerie anytime. I could see S02 as Aaliyah somehow contacting Lioness and wanting out with info maybe? Cruz is working as a DI somewhere and comes back. Because of the debacle in Texas, the team is broken up so it'll take at least 3 eps to put the band back together. Joe has family issues etc. Cruz goes rogue to save the woman she loves who is on the run in the middle east. Only Joe and the team can save them because they've been disavowed. Love scenes in tense moments. Joe cheats with Kyle. Firefights with cool equipment - maybe a GE minigun! - somebody sacrifices themselves so the lovers can escape. Against all odds (and reality) they make it through and walk into the sunset. Roll credits.

It's a trope we've seen many times but like so many other ensemble shows, it's really about how the actors interact with one another. And this bunch was pretty good.

You mentioned Jill Wagner a couple of times some had to look her up.

I thought she did a real good job plus now I remember her face - she has played a few tough roles before and she seems to have aged well into this one.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

You better delete that brilliant sh*t

Scab

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^^

You can either create a new devil in a female form now who is more powerful than ever. And the actually source of the bombing leaked. But that would a level of sophistication and complexity of international espionage I don't think they ready or capable of.

But I want another new Lioness this time with the same crew.

Co-sign this...
Wife and I just finished this series and we were thoroughly entertained...great acting, good character development and suspense/tension throughout.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
What’s the verdict on this series?

I heard it’s looking like it’s getting renewed for a 2nd season.

They plan on making this a anthology series with season 2 taking place in Mexico with a different cast.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They plan on making this a anthology series with season 2 taking place in Mexico with a different cast.

It’s good

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cool.

I’m gonna try and squeeze it in next month.

I just finally started “Deadwood” this week. Been sitting on that series for like 20 years.

The Hollyweird strikes have allowed me to catch up on old series that I just never had time to watch.

One of my all time

Savor it.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Special Ops: Lioness

7/10

This series debuted last summer on Paramount+. At the time I had too much shit to watch at the time and put it on hold until after all the episodes debuted. There are 8 episodes that run about 45 minutes each.

I debated about getting into it, then the Hollywood strikes happened so it’s given me some time to catch up and watch shit I put on hold.

I started watching one episode a week and finished up this morning at home.

It stars Zoe Saldana, it’s why I put it in this thread which has current active members posts in it.

The series is based on an actual program the US Military started during the Iraq War mainly due to the cultural policies of the country having Men interact with Women. Women in Iraq objected to American Men conducting body searches so American military/civilian contractors were brought in. The program was later expanded with the alphabet agencies like the CIA which this series is about.

It’s an espionage thriller. Action is minimal but when it happens it is done well and keeps you glued to the seat. It’s not cartoonish in any way. The series also deals with geo-political issues that is currently going on with the U.S. in the Middle East.

For the Gay Agenda trackers, there is Lesbian action between two attractive women. PDA and sex is shown.

For the InCells, the main characters are Women, and they do things you definitely will find offensive and disturbing if you hate women.

The series has been renewed for a season 2. I found out that it will be an anthology series and take place in different areas around the world each season. Season 2 will be in Mexico. Unknown at this time of the actors in this season will be in future seasons.

The series is put out by Taylor Sheridan who worked on the “Sicario” films and has a shit load of hit series on Paramount+ with the “Yellowstone” franchise and Sylvester Stallone series.

If you looking for something to hold you over until new TV content comes out, this will definitely do.

Synopsis

Joe attempts to balance her personal and professional life as the tip of the CIA's spear in the war on terror; the Lioness Program enlists Cruz to operate undercover alongside Joe among the power brokers of State terrorism.

MV5BMmRkMWQzZWUtZjkzNS00OWVhLTkxNDAtNzg4ODgxMTg0MTNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzOTQyOTk1._V1_.jpg

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That would be the only way do it...imo