TV News: Batman - Caped Crusader animated series saved by Amazon after being scrapped at HBO Max

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
considering the sub 30min story format - imo its more likely that after a 1/2 season review - Timm & Brubaker kicked JJ and Mat out of the writers room...

let the grown folk work

batman-arkham-city-get-out-of-my-way-3ex8qvu7pdzdufcx.gif

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Bawse Nigguh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why Harley fat? And this takes place in the 40s correct? Gotham was very progressive with a black Commissioner.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I actually kept falling asleep on the first episode :lol: . I went from just glancing at the episodes. To paying attention about the halfway point, of the episodes.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
This was much better than I thought it would be. The only skippable episode was the shit with ghosts or whatever. They couldn't left that out and nothing would be missed.

I loved when comic books adaptation skip the revolving door prison b.s. and show us how some of these situations would really play out.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
It does get better as it goes along. The best episodes are the last 3. If you're familiar enough with Batman lore, you could just jump to those episodes to gauge how well you'll like the rest.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
last. 4 episodes are better written than the earlier eps

Just finished...

They finished VERY VERY VERY strong.

I could tell Brubacker walked in like Vince McMahon.

Marc did his thing too.

Really strong finish

But to be fair MANY shows especially animated like this need a few episodes sometimes a whole season to get their rhythm.