TV News: Batman - Caped Crusader animated series saved by Amazon after being scrapped at HBO Max

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
But to be fair MANY shows especially animated like this need a few episodes sometimes a whole season to get their rhythm.
thats a sign that the show runner(s) didn't make a bible or didn't stick with the show's bible they created
eg -no DCAU show started weak - all started good and built into excellence

so nah - those shows were trash with a few bright spots
real ones start good and get better -

anyway in this case -this Batman is more an anthology with common characters like tales of the jedi / empire
or What If

Hopefully they will keep Matt and JJ away from the writers room next season

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
thats a sign that the show runner(s) didn't make a bible or didn't stick with the show's bible they created

anyway in this case -this Batman is more an anthology with common characters like tales of the jedi / empire
or What If

Damn

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

or What If

I don't know if I co sign that one. We had this debate before maybe concerning brave & bold or one of the JLA series

To me they always ramp up in quality and a maturity as they progress. They seem more accessible and Child friendly then progressively get darker.

So guess essentially we are saying the same thing.

We also need to remember a majority of these properties were supposed to be targeted to children so we tend to be a little bit too serious about this stuff.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I don't know if I co sign that one. We had this debate before maybe concerning brave & bold or one of the JLA series

To me they always ramp up in quality and a maturity as they progress. They seem more accessible and Child friendly then progressively get darker.

So guess essentially we are saying the same thing.

We also need to remember a majority of these properties were supposed to be targeted to children so we tend to be a little bit too serious about this stuff.
in both of those examples - the initial quality was good to very good - the storytelling seemed to improve because the early writing properly developed characters and world building - so that later writing needed little to almost no exposition

I keep using this example

MV5BZWQxZDg4OTYtNjRkNS00YzAzLWE4YTktZWY0NzYyYTgxYTE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4OTg3MTc@._V1_.jpg

you can't tell the story JLU- Epilogue in 22 minutes - w/o the great storytelling from multiple series before
even better they wrote it that a complete new viewer can watch and enjoy - and an habitual viewer would be blown away

look- there are too many examples of shows and stories targeting kids with good to exceptional writing

from super slapstick Looney Toons - Animaniacs or glorified commercials like Pokemon

The-Aliens-Attack-The-Earth-Justice-League-Season-01-Episode.gif

Last edited:

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
in both of those examples - the initial quality was good to very good - the storytelling seemed to improve because the early writing properly developed characters and world building - so that later writing needed little to almost no exposition

I keep using this example

MV5BZWQxZDg4OTYtNjRkNS00YzAzLWE4YTktZWY0NzYyYTgxYTE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4OTg3MTc@._V1_.jpg

you can't tell the story JLU- Epilogue in 22 minutes - w/o the great storytelling from multiple series before
even better they wrote it that a complete new viewer can watch and enjoy - and an habitual viewer would be blown away

look- there are too many examples of shows and stories targeting kids with good to exceptional writing
I wonder how that episode played with non/new Batman fans. I loved the Frank Miller & DCAU references, but I guess a noob wouldn't get it :dunno:

I was hoping that Terry from Beyond would be one of the kids.

Quick question, who are these noob Batman fans? I saw Flash enter the Batverse and based on the cheers heard around me, there are plenty on Bat fans in the general population.