TV Show Discussion: The Boys by Garth Ennis on Amazon Prime (Fonz Approved!) Update: Season 5 FINAL SEASON!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

“Season 4 marks the most central this parallel version of American government has ever been to the core story, with all eight episodes unfolding between the election of anti-‘supe’ presidential candidate Robert Singer (Jim Beaver) and the vote’s certification on — brace yourself — January 6th.”

I like the premise…

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"...but season 4 has had a stunning drop in audience favorability."

Disappointed to see, but still good to me.
Episode 4, tonight was great. :yes:
One of the best in the series.

The Frenchie relationship stuff, with a trope story line which I hope is done after tonight, I mean could've left that. But rest was good.
The Hughie slow hospital scenes with his dad, finally paid off.

Last edited:

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Billy Butcher??

8839ebc8145ec963da797b2dea5a8c23b9f4a6d9.gifv

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
"...but season 4 has had a stunning drop in audience favorability."

Disappointed to see, but still good to me.
Episode 4, tonight was great. :yes:
One of the best in the series.

The Frenchie relationship stuff, with a trope story line which I hope is done after tonight, I mean could've left that. But rest was good.
The Hughie slow hospital scenes with his dad, finally paid off.

Agreed. Not even sure why Frenchie is on the show so far this season. I think the show’s biggest weakness is none of “the boys” are compelling except Butcher. Frenchie and the silent girl are just a complete waste of screen time.

But the Homelander revenge plot was amazing. Looking forward to him interacting with Sam from Gen V.

The Firecracker vs Starlight plot was interesting. I’d have preferred Hughie being unaware of the abortion.

“First pebble down the mountain.” Still have no idea what Sage is up to but this is what I’m most curious about.

I thought A-Train was going to die in Homelander’s apartment. Ashley being there too— at the exact same damn time— seemed excessively forced and dumb to me. Am I missing something or should people not be able to so easily break into the most powerful man in the world’s private residence? He can detect Hughie from a drop of sweat but Ashley can take a shit in his apartment AND LEAVE IT and he won’t know anyone was there???

Strong foreshadowing of Butcher dying and MM being tasked with taking Ryan from Homelander.

Last edited: