TV Streaming Discussion: HBO MAX UPDATE: WTF is Going on? Merger with PARAMOUNT?!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
220px-David_Zaslav_in_2020.jpg

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

So basically, the heat from the George Floyd protests has died down entirely, so corporate America is reverting back to its standard operating model. All those DEI initiatives are out the door, they're openly courting that MAGA money. And for appearances sake, they'll allow a few magic negros in for "diversity". You gotta have 1 Oprah for every 30 Geraldos.

Da Backshot Champ

Rising Star
Registered
Real talk...

A network with just those shows and Hunter, Colombo, Quincey, kojak, etc

I'd pay good money for that

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Appreciate you

Good lawd old man tv heaven

EGO-TRIP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They say when he went after Tyler Perry is the time he get began to lose his show to bullshit. I know a girl who works in the industry and she said Tyler is a flaming homo.
Been saying for 15yrs Tyler is flaming ! And the dude playing Batgirl is...........well.........a dude !

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:lol:

Ok snake eyes... you really got faith in your new bosses.

I hope you right.
it doesn't matter

- previous management had a TV network operating far in to the red for a decade
and kept paying bonuses out to that division

kept re-upping contracts

the studio released one profitable movie in 4 years

from what I'm reading thats just the tip of the iceberg...

Tom Rothman fucked up Fox studios badly enough that News Corp sold it to Disney - and Fox wasn't nearly this bad

WB will have to burn and rebuild

or be broken up and sold for salvage

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

God damn, these dudes are about to completely destroy the Warner Bros./HBO brand by running it like a fucking hedge fund at the expense of content :angry:

Ironically, just a few months ago I had decided that HBOMAX was going to be the one platform I was going keep consistently while alternating the others depending on what they had.

But the way this is looking I'm not going to continue supporting their bullshit.

I cut Netflix back recently after never turning it off for years after realizing they were now charging me over $17 without the type of content they used to have.

What they're doing at HBOMAX is starting to remind me of how Blockbuster went under after being purchased and run by non-entertaintment executives who used it as a way to offload debt and raise the stock of the parent company at the expense of the Blockbuster brand which they were aware of while doing it.

People believe that Blockbuster went under because of Netflix but that isn't actually what happened.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Harley Quinn Season 4 Survives the Warner Bros. Discovery Purges
By Bethy Squires@BethyBSQU

Photo: HBO Max/YouTube
Harlivy 4-ever. The only show brave enough to let Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy be crime-doing girlfriends will live to crime another day. HBO Max has renewed Harley Quinn for a fourth season, albeit with a new showrunner. According to The Hollywood Reporter, longtime HQ writer Sarah Peters will step up as showrunner. Justin Halpern and Patrick Schumacker will remain as producers on the show. “We are ecstatic that HBO Max wants the story of Harley and Ivy to continue,” Halpern and Schumacker said in a statement. “And we are equally thrilled that this next season will be in great hands with Sarah Peters as our showrunner and Ceci Aranovich overseeing animation production, as they have both greatly influenced the show with their brilliance since the beginning.”

a8b47fe7714b04b0c879cfc8a87306c6f9-harley-ivy.rsquare.w330.jpg

Harley Quinn stars Kaley Cuoco as the former psychiatrist/Joker gf as she becomes her own villain. She gets a gang of her own, falls in love with Poison Ivy (Lake Bell), and learns to balance her needs with those of her partner — something the Joker (Alan Tudyk) wasn’t really interested in engendering. The show also stars Christopher Meloni as Jim Gordon, Diedrich Bader as Batman, Sanaa Latham as Catwoman, J.B. Smoove as a talking plant, Ron Funches as King Shark, and What We Do in the Shadows’ Harvey Guillen as Bludhaven’s #1 cake factory, Nightwing. It was unclear whether the show would survive under David Zaslav’s rule, or be consigned to the ash heap of history like so many other Bat-projects.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@ViCiouS

I had a feeling from jump when I heard the back and forth about him having to divest from his OWN production company to take the gig that he would back out.

Aint you predict this?

Last edited: