TV Trailer: Tokyo Vice - Michael Mann directed the first episode of the new HBO Max series starring Ken Watanabe.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Chihara-Kai has to be the worst gang ever, these dudes going around in sweat suits getting their ass beat when all the other gangs are in suits and nice cars.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Looking forward to watching the season 2 finale tomorrow.
chefs-kiss-french-chef.gif

200w.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Loved it loved it loved

All loose ends tied up perfect pacing you felt the pressure and tension

But it never felt rushed

Only had ONE ISSUE

the source of the FBI leak story. Didn't like that he just made up with one friend now he got beef with the other. I get it its fine. But maybe I would have had that be still a question for now or at least the audience kinda nows and so dies he but Jake never admits it.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 3
Episode 9 - 10

Watched these this morning.

Tozawa Ol’ Lady, that broad is made it clear she gonna take his Ass down reminding him where his money is coming from. Hagino her driver is fully loyal to her and is helping her.

Tozawa sent in that killl team to take out Tin-Tin and Sato. Those apprentices with Sato stood up and was loyal with baseball bats against guns. Sato is gonna have to make those cats Made Men now.

Yabuki, I thought that cat was smart enough not to grab the gun on the bed after using a handkerchief to open the door, shit was a clear obvious setup and he took the bait.

Was not expecting Tozawa to go down that quickly, I was expecting him to go out with some one killing him.

Kato made it to Oyabun, I thought it would be awhile for that to happen.

Hopefully we get a season 3.

MAX showed the trailer for a new Asian limited series before the season finale aired.

The Sympathizer
Official Trailer
Debuts April 14, 2024

Near the end of the Vietnam War, a spy who was embedded in the South Vietnam army flees to the United States and takes up residence in a refugee community, where he continues to gather intelligence and report back to the Viet Cong.

MV5BYThhNjUwMTItOGFiNS00ZTI1LThmNzItNzk0YjhiZGVhMjAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Chihara-Kai has to be the worst gang ever, these dudes going around in sweat suits getting their ass beat when all the other gangs are in suits and nice cars.

The cats in those White running suits are apprentices.

They just mainly do stupid errand boy shit like cooking, cleaning and laundry, paying their dues and proving their worth/loyaty.

They don’t have access to lethal weapons while in apprenticeship or had any training.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The cats in those White running suits are apprentices.

They just mainly do stupid errand boy shit like cooking, cleaning and laundry, paying their dues and proving their worth/loyaty.

They don’t have access to lethal weapons while in apprenticeship or had any training.

Agreed. When my pops was watching, any time the black suits arrived he'd be like - "Ah man, the guys in the track suits are fucked!"

lol

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

The man who cracked Japan’s crime gangs is back for a sequel​

Jake Adelstein’s Tokyo Vice exposed Japan’s yakuza. Now he’s out of police protection and releasing a new book. From the upcoming May issue out on April 26.

Michael Smith
North Asia correspondent
April 17, 2024

2053a358a737463cff69e58575bc5083fd2de742

Adelstein at home in Tokyo. His latest book, Tokyo Noir, will be published in Australia in May.​

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘Tokyo Vice’ Canceled by Max After Two Seasons

Aubrey characterized the decision to end after Season 2, which bowed in February, as something that was planned as a storytelling arc to allow the writers to build toward a clear end point. Rogers also characterized it as a mutual decision to support the storytelling.

By Kate Aurthur
June 8, 2024

ansel-elgort-ken-watanabe.jpg

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
‘Tokyo Vice’ Canceled by Max After Two Seasons

Aubrey characterized the decision to end after Season 2, which bowed in February, as something that was planned as a storytelling arc to allow the writers to build toward a clear end point. Rogers also characterized it as a mutual decision to support the storytelling.

By Kate Aurthur
June 8, 2024

ansel-elgort-ken-watanabe.jpg

NO!!!!!!

Damn you MAX

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just finished

Actually loved the ending - AS a series ending. I didn’t think I would as shit started to wrap in maybe even 208 but def throughout 9 and 10… I was concerned lol. But that last scene worked for me.

You don’t fuck off the opportunity when Watanabe-San is anywhere on your call sheet!