****** UFC 303 PEREIRA vs. PROCHAZKA and MICHAEL "VENOM" PAGE vs IAN GARRY

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

86693143-13579815-image-a-3_1719571729787.jpg

86745789-13584559-image-a-2_1719728097280.jpg

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
When Jiri first entered the UFC I found his style absolutely bizarre, he kept his hands down or behind his back, and was egging folks to hit him. One time he got rocked, recovered, and knocked his oppponent out. That style would have issues against a more skilled striker.
Another white hype job that took advantage of the weakest division in the company at the time. Jon Jones left and it's been a carousel of paper champs. Alex is the only scary champ in that division since Jon, that fight at heavyweight would be massive(Jon takes him out faster than he did gane)

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another white hype job that took advantage of the weakest division in the company at the time. Jon Jones left and it's been a carousel of paper champs. Alex is the only scary champ in that division since Jon, that fight at heavyweight would be massive(Jon takes him out faster than he did gane)
I agree, Jon wouldn’t even hesitate to take him down. He’ll hang on the outside and bait him with a few feints and strikes and go straight for his legs.

Something folks don’t talk enough about is Jon’s game plan, it’s the best in all of MMA. His team does and impeccable job of putting together a strategy for him, and he always executes it perfectly.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@Ballatician

I think one thing too with Jiri is that he's had a false sense of security over the years.

Fortunately he hasn't taken many losses, and has KO'd and TKO'd a number of his opponents. But Alex is a whole different beast. The elite of the elite when it comes to kickboxing / MMA presently. 2 losses to him in under a year.

As for Jiri ... prior to the Alex losses ... his last loss via KO was over 8 years ago on New Year's Eve 2015 against King Mo.