UPDATE: Tariq Nasheed pushed for $7Mil for Hidden History Museum; Psudeo hip-hop documentary bombed, now on Blu-Ray

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Some dumb country hick is supposed to know more than KRS-1. And his followers believe it :smh: .

Citations and evidentials are greater than word of mouth or personal beliefs.
KRS provided none of the former in his argument. He failed to "teach".

They are doing to Hip-hop what they did to Jazz.
Every modern book I read on jazz equates European influence and "contribution" as equally important or greater to the birth and development of a Native Afro-American art form.

They weren't in the barn doing a jig wit us, nigga!!

Last edited:

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
As VAST as hip-hop is saying only one group created it is like saying America was created by only white people. Breaking, graffiti, DJing, different people lent their cultures to what is Hip-Hop.
Exactly. The influence is there. It's not a bad thing. Hip hop is Black American culture. Other groups being there initially doesn't take anything away from hip hop.

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Citations and evidentials are greater than word of mouth or personal beliefs.
KRS provided none of the former in his argument. He failed to "teach".

They are doing to Hip-hop what they did to Jazz.
Every modern book I read on jazz equates European influence and "contribution" as equally important or greater to the birth and development of a Native Afro-American art form.

They weren't in the barn doing a jig wit us, nigga!!
None of this makes sense. Nothing at all. You don't have to teach that water is wet. Only fools who believe some dumb country hick have to be taught.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
So this fool is going to dispute KRS of all people regarding hip-hop history?

Some dumb country hick is supposed to know more than KRS-1. And his followers believe it :smh: .

As VAST as hip-hop is saying only one group created it is like saying America was created by only white people. Breaking, graffiti, DJing, different people lent their cultures to what is Hip-Hop.
Please name names of the people who helped "start hip-hop "?

Tariq apparently did.

Shut him up and prove him WRONG!

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Its hot as fuck

REPARATIONS OR DIE
at a rally for reparations , where no strategy was discussed. no politicians that could advance it was courted by a pac but u got rappers& tickets and of course time to stage a red black green flag with medication attached ..
ur mind is literally on panafricans when u should be focusing on ur mission.. but we know ud have nothing to talk about if it wasn't for africans

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Please name names of the people who helped "start hip-hop "?

Tariq apparently did.

Shut him up and prove him WRONG!
I don't know any names. I know I was alive in those times and there were Latinos and Jamaicans in the mix (not as the original creators). In the 80's in Brooklyn, people used to talk about Jamaicans influencing hip hop in the beginning. But even among those people, it was agreed that hip hop (break dance, etc.) was a Black American thing. There was no argument about it.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So this fool is going to dispute KRS of all people regarding hip-hop history?

Well why don’t we just ask the Puerto Ricans Krs one just named.
Charlie chase

Ruby Dee and whippa whip

drop-the-mic-obama-mic-drop.gif

Last edited:

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
I don't know any names. I know I was alive in those times and there were Latinos and Jamaicans in the mix (not as the original creators). In the 80's in Brooklyn, people used to talk about Jamaicans influencing hip hop in the beginning. But even among those people, it was agreed that hip hop (break dance, etc.) was a Black American thing. There was no argument about it.

SMH.

So you just pretty much agreed with what I previously wrote.
You BGOL ninjas are something else.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is like saying one person started a game a of tag! I have no doubt that this came from us, but in my game of tag analogy, do you play tag by yourself, or do you play with the other neighborhood kids? If those neighborhood kids visit their cousins do they play tag with them? Are ALL of those kids FBA?

As big of a melting pot as New York of all places to say one ethnicity cared for this artform during that infancy stage doesn't seem possible

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And Tito from the Fearless Four.
Honestly I ALWAYS thought he was black!!!! Tito Jackson was the first Tito I had ever heard of so to me as a kid that was a Black name, heard of him and thought; "Well, clearly that is a black dude. Seeing as all the other Tito's (one) that I know are black!"

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are you talking people who aren't black that did it?
Crazy Legs, Spy, Ken Swift, Lee Quiñones, Futura 2000, Kool DJ Herc
Crazy legs says there there were b boys before rock steady. He is 3rd generation.

2nd generation is tbb. Which birthed crazy legs and rock steady. And they say black created it. Which he was brought in by Bambaata after the truce between black gangs and Puerto Rican gangs

1st generation is trixie and sasa.

mic-drop-dave-chapelle-7bh3zf29jwaoxtpc.gif

Last edited:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The so called beginning of hip hop
Okay so when you say it like that, YOU don't sound all that confident about when it began.

So the so called origin to when the crews were in practice is shaky at best when it comes to date keeping, cause the date for the crews is not the same date as when they started breaking, dj, etc...

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is like saying one person started a game a of tag! I have no doubt that this came from us, but in my game of tag analogy, do you play tag by yourself, or do you play with the other neighborhood kids? If those neighborhood kids visit their cousins do they play tag with them? Are ALL of those kids FBA?

As big of a melting pot as New York of all places to say one ethnicity cared for this artform during that infancy stage doesn't seem possible
I lived in the south Bronx in the early 70s. :lol: It was tag Alright you go into the wrong neighborhood ya ass get snatched in a abonedoned building.
The movie the warriors Is an exact depiction of the south Bronx in the early 70s.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Okay so when you say it like that, YOU don't sound all that confident about when it began.

So the so called origin to when the crews were in practice is shaky at best when it comes to date keeping, cause the date for the crews is not the same date as when they started breaking, dj, etc...
The Puerto Rican crews came into hip hop around 75-76.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
THANKS IMDB!!!! But we aren't talking about movies are we?
All the people you named are from movies . Lee quines comes after taki 183 graffiti artist. And he comes after an artist from Philly that came to nyc. That was taught by cornbread. This is documented by news article s

This is the list of graffiti artist generation in order

Last edited:

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster

I mean FBA been break dancing and rapping since the 1920s... so,.if we start there, yall feelings gone be REALLY hurt then lol

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
But I get it, yall hate Tariq and therefore won't listen to anything that has his name on it.
I get it.

As I said before,.SHUT THIS SHIT DOWN and name the mythical latinos that helped create this shit.
Yall swear this was before cameras, audio, and videos lol

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Crazy legs says there there were b boys before rock steady. He is 3rd generation.

2nd generation is tbb. Which birthed crazy legs and rock steady. And they say black created it. Which he was brought in by Bambaata after the truce between black gangs and Puerto Rican gangs

1st generation is trixie and sasa.

mic-drop-dave-chapelle-7bh3zf29jwaoxtpc.gif

So you posted Latinos saying who created Hip-Hop (And I may have mispoke in a previous post using the word created incorrectly) But KRS-1 and myself have been saying the ROLE that other groups played in Hip-Hop. The other cultural influences that are used along this evolutions path

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All the people you named are from movies . Lee quines comes after taki 183 graffiti artist. And he comes after an artist from Philly that came to nyc. That was taught by cornbread. This is documented by news article s
Did not know that (didn't know they were all from movies either) Heard of Taki 183 and Cornbread, but the way Graffiti artists are talked about people made it seem like they were all tagging at the same time.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So you posted Latinos saying who created Hip-Hop (And I may have mispoke in a previous post using the word created incorrectly) But KRS-1 and myself have been saying the ROLE that other groups played in Hip-Hop. The other cultural influences that are used along this evolutions path
No one ever said they didn’t play a role in hip hop. So why would Krs respond unless he’s talking about creating hip hop. That’s all the debate has been

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

This is the list of graffiti artist generation in order
It's funny how graff artists got lump into this. They weren't fucking with rap back then. Most were into comics books (For the artwork and lettering) and rock. Fab Five Freddy thought it would be good marketing to include them.

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
SMH.

So you just pretty much agreed with what I previously wrote.
You BGOL ninjas are something else.
You said they are doing to hip hop what they did to Jazz. What are "they" doing to hip hop? Who is this "they"? I misunderstood your part about KRS failing to "teach". So I guess you were right about that.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Mr. "Wash Yo Ass" K-Flex has to sell the GRIFT that he is more knowledgeable of hip-hop history than the likes of KRS-One who put in work (i.e. establishing recognition of hip-hop with the United Nations, etc.) beyond creating music.