Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
In all fairness it seems like his Mic went out....

but they couldn't give him an alternate mic or engage the crowd in some way for over 16 minutes?!

just had this old fool silently shuffling around like he did when he was on stage with Hillary during that one debate..
I bet the second he hears "Kamala Harris has just won Pennsylvania"on Election Night,his adrenaline will kick in when he rushing to pack his things and dip out of Mar-a-Lago :lol:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I'll believe it when I see it. Desantis has been planning and putting his people in place for this election for 4 years now.

I trust Nikki. When she has said someone will lose, they have lost and when they will win, they have won. She said the day after Harris announced they had 180k volunteers. People calling them up to door knock.

Harris is also opening offices and sending funds to help them out.

Biden won without FL, so if Harris just keeps his states she will be ok, but I think she's going to overperform because of the youth and women's vote.

Nikki thinks Rick Scott is going down. This is the first time he's had to run during a presidential election and he barely won the others. She said usually Matt Gaetz doesn't campaign but even he is spending money and showing up in person. If Harris doesn't take it, it will be close. The GOP is responsible for the majority of the insurance woesndown there.

The only thing I'm worried about is the people impacted by the hurricane. I haven't heard how those areas are coping or the turnout.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I trust Nikki. When she has said someone will lose, they have lost and when they will win, they have won. She said the day after Harris announced they had 180k volunteers. People calling them up to door knock.

Harris is also opening offices and sending funds to help them out.

Biden won without FL, so if Harris just keeps his states she will be ok, but I think she's going to overperform because of the youth and women's vote.

Nikki thinks Rick Scott is going down. This is the first time he's had to run during a presidential election and he barely won the others. She said usually Matt Gaetz doesn't campaign but even he is spending money and showing up in person. If Harris doesn't take it, it will be close. The GOP is responsible for the majority of the insurance woesndown there.

The only thing I'm worried about is the people impacted by the hurricane. I haven't heard how those areas are coping or the turnout.
Isn't Tampa mostly republican

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Isn't Tampa mostly republican

I'm not sure. FL counts their ballots as they come in though so we will know who wins their state election night. Nikki (Or Chris Bouzy one) said if Harris wins or even if it's very close loss, Trump will have a bad night. If he takes it free and clear it will be a long night but she can still pull it off.

Dems still have ptsd from 2016 so I don't think the majority of us are effing around.

Even if Harris loses, we need those senate seats.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
20241021-183500.jpg

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
First and foremost, from a tactical perspective, it is just plain malpractice that she has not articulated a single tangible difference between herself and the unpopular incumbent. Biden's senility aside, incumbents have gotten mollywopped in elections across the globe since Covid. People worldwide want change and people in America want change. This is the most basic issue of the election. Her "I can't think of a difference" answer on The View was the worst answer from a Democratic nominee since "I voted for it before I voted against it" in 2004. Her stumbling on that question on that program and on Colbert was simply unacceptable. In later efforts to elaborate, she talked about working with Republicans more-- Which no credible Democratic presidential candidate this century has emphasized more than Joe Biden and is not a real difference. She and her team need to do better.

FWIW, I do have empathy for her. This is a tough election. She has a harder task than Obama, Clinton or Biden did. She's in the position John McCain was, running to replace a very unpopular incumbent as a member of the same party. But McCain was well-established as a rival of Bush and a maverick generally-- not his #2 in command. It's a hard task to pull off. (I was always very pro-Kamala replacing Biden and against an open primary but now I wonder if an open primary like Obama and Pelosi wanted would have been better.)

My second biggest criticism is she has leaned in to the "Republicans support me" angle far too much for far too long. Any value to be extracted from that has been extracted already for the most part. She was doing better in the polls when she was talking about improving people's lives through expanding housing, assisting first time homebuyers and addressing price gouging. I think she would do better if she returned to meat and potatoes issues. I have never heard her say a word about increasing the minimum wage, which is a lay-up since the shit is preposterously still below $8 an hour and unchanged in almost two decades. I could suggest ten more policies that she could campaign on to make the case that she will improve people's lives but the specific policies aren't as important as the tone with regard to winning this race.

I appreciate the question... How's that for starters?
I just don't think anyone here is saying that her every move has been perfect. And every single answer has been the right one. Or that she's the perfect candidate to fix everything that's going on in the country.

She's a last minute candidate carrying a mess of a party at a crazy time in the country.

Everything she says matters. Every interview is reviewed and judged. When she says the wrong thing she gets bashed by the right, the alt right, and the progressives.

Meanwhile, her opponent is objectively batshit crazy, says objectively fucked up shit, but that's considered a feature for his party, the crazier he gets the more they love him. Dude is literally out there telling Americans that the VP has the right to decide who wins elections regardless of the votes! And his whole party is in lockstep with him. Yup! Trump is right! Pence should have declared Trump the winner and he deserved to die once he chose not to! And this is the ENTIRE PARTY.

But the what's nuts is the progressives will tell you that she is just as bad as that guy! Think about that.

Seriously, the Democrats are a fractured party. There's zero unity there. How does a party win an election when they can't get on the same page about anything?

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I just don't think anyone here is saying that her every move has been perfect. And every single answer has been the right one. Or that she's the perfect candidate to fix everything that's going on in the country.

She's a last minute candidate carrying a mess of a party at a crazy time in the country.

Everything she says matters. Every interview is reviewed and judged. When she says the wrong thing she gets bashed by the right, the alt right, and the progressives.

Meanwhile, her opponent is objectively batshit crazy, says objectively fucked up shit, but that's considered a feature for his party, the crazier he gets the more they love him. Dude is literally out there telling Americans that the VP has the right to decide who wins elections regardless of the votes! And his whole party is in lockstep with him. Yup! Trump is right! Pence should have declared Trump the winner and he deserved to die once he chose not to! And this is the ENTIRE PARTY.

But the what's nuts is the progressives will tell you that she is just as bad as that guy! Think about that.

Seriously, the Democrats are a fractured party. There's zero unity there. How does a party win an election when they can't get on the same page about anything?

:bravo:

:bravo:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
But the what's nuts is the progressives will tell you that she is just as bad as that guy! Think about that

Stop confusing people online with people who matter. Bernie, AOC, Elizabeth Warren— almost all progressive Democratic politicians support Harris.

You have enough enemies to lack need to invent them.