Wallace “Wally” Amos, the founder of Famous Amos cookies, has died, age 88

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Cacs will always find a way to strip away a black man's fortune if they see you got somethin good going.....

RIP.....

"What You Owe Me" - Bebe Moore Campbell

a great book that deals damn near exactly what happened to Wally.........a long book to read but its worth it.
Found a preview of the book on YouTube definitely will be ordering this.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Exactly.. And the $61 mill he got later
He never got 61 million...

Amos struggled to keep up with the brand’s rapid growth. By 1985, Famous Amos reported a $300,000 loss on sales of $10 million. “He wasn’t a businessman. He was an amazing marketer and had great promotional instincts. But he made a lot of bad decisions,” his son says.

Amos continued to raise money while diluting his own equity. At one point, he lost his home. In 1985, Amos sold a majority stake to Bass Brothers Enterprises for $1.1 million. “He sold it to save it,” Shawn says. “He’s always been impulsive. A lot of entrepreneurs are. That same spark that can drive you to take a chance prevents you from listening to others. You think you’re infallible.”

Two sales later, the new owners added shelf-stable ingredients and repositioned the cookies as an affordable brand, prompting its famous founder to depart. In 1992, President Baking Company bought Famous Amos for $61 million—more than 55 times what Wally Amos sold his controlling stake for just a few years earlier.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
R.i.p to a legend.. definitely ate them joints back in the day.. my moms love the pecan joints.. as somebody said they definitely was at various ny cornerstores back in the day