Wallace “Wally” Amos, the founder of Famous Amos cookies, has died, age 88

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
RIP
some good -ass cookies he brought to us.

My nerdy-ass daily routine includes a few hours of NPR listening.
I know WAY too much about 17th century pirates, but I also get some interesting facts now & then.

There's 2 good interviews about Famous Amos here:

1) Wally Amos spoke about the cookies/company and played his kazoo (starts around 2 min. mark) :

2) Famous Amos cookies got it's start from a loan from Marvin Gaye.

Wally Amos was an agent at Willian Morris, then left & started his business - read below:

amos-gaye.jpg

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
RIP
some good -ass cookies he brought to us.

My nerdy-ass daily routine includes a few hours of NPR listening.
I know WAY too much about 17th century pirates, but I also get some interesting facts now & then.

There's 2 good interviews about Famous Amos here:

1) Wally Amos spoke about the cokkies/company and played his kazoo (starts around 2 min. mark) :

2) Famous Amos cookies got it's start from a loan from Marvin Gaye.

Wally Amos was an agent at Willian Morris, then left & started his business - read below:

amos-gaye.jpg

^^^^

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

jerrynuevo

Day 1 member
BGOL Investor
Who is "they"? If you actually read the article and stop thinking about the racist Boogeyman, you'll see he kinda did himself in due to lack of business acumen, it happens, he was very creative and an excellent marketer; RIP

I dont post much...but when i do, i know wtf im posting, dude....i never mentioned race. I was talking capitalist cronyism. If I wanted to speak on racism...I don't need code names for the evil perpetuated by the white power structure. "They" are those who used his kind heart against him. I can gather why you pointed at ''They'' as in ''you white folks''....

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Who is "they"? If you actually read the article and stop thinking about the racist Boogeyman, you'll see he kinda did himself in due to lack of business acumen, it happens, he was very creative and an excellent marketer; RIP
It's sad how y'all blaming him, he just didn't have a team of smart people to help his business grow but that doesn't negate the fact it was indeed successful before he lost it all.