Whites Can't Compete With Asians, So They Change The Rules...

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When the eliminated Affirmative Action in 1996, I knew it would only be a matter of time before CACs needed it for themselves...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30393117/

SAN FRANCISCO - A new admissions policy set to take effect at the University of California system in three years is raising fears among Asian-Americans that it will reduce their numbers on campus, where they account for a remarkable 40 percent of all undergraduates.

University officials say the new standards — the biggest change in UC admissions since 1960 — are intended to widen the pool of high school applicants and make the process more fair.

But Asian-American advocates, parents and lawmakers are angrily calling on the university to rescind the policy, which will apply at all nine of the system's undergraduate campuses.
They point to a UC projection that said the new standards would sharply reduce Asian-American admissions while resulting in little change for blacks and Hispanics, and a big gain for white students.

"I like to call it affirmative action for whites," said Ling-chi Wang, a retired professor at UC Berkeley. "I think it's extremely unfair to Asian-Americans on the one hand and underrepresented minorities on the other."

Asian-Americans are the single largest ethnic group among UC's 173,000 undergraduates. In 2008, they accounted for 40 percent at UCLA and 43 percent at UC Berkeley — the two most selective campuses in the UC system — as well as 50 percent at UC San Diego and 54 percent at UC Irvine.

Asian-Americans are about 12 percent of California's population and 4 percent of the U.S. population overall.

The new policy, approved unanimously by the UC Board of Regents in February, will greatly expand the applicant pool, eliminate the requirement that applicants take two SAT subject tests and reduce the number of students guaranteed admission based on grades and test scores alone. It takes effect for the freshman class of fall 2012.

President defends policy
Some Asian-Americans have charged that the university is trying to reduce Asian-American enrollment. Others say that may not be the intent, but it will be the result.

UC officials adamantly deny the intent is to increase racial diversity, and reject allegations the policy is an attempt to circumvent a 1996 voter-approved ban on affirmative action.

"The primary goal is fairness and eliminating barriers that seem unnecessary," UC President Mark Yudof said. "It means that if you're a parent out there, more of your sons' and daughters' files will be reviewed."

Yudof and other officials disputed the internal study that projected a drop of about 20 percent in Asian-American admissions, saying it is impossible to accurately predict the effects. "This is not Armageddon for Asian-American students," Yudoff said.

At San Francisco's Lowell High School, one of the top public schools in the country, about 70 percent of the students are of Asian descent and more than 40 percent attend UC after graduation.

"If there are Asian-Americans who are qualified and don't get into UC because they're trying to increase diversity, then I think that's unfair," said 16-year-old junior Jessica Peng. "I think that UC is lowering its standards by doing that."

Doug Chan, who has a teenage son at Lowell, said: "Parents are very skeptical and suspicious that this is yet another attempt to move the goalposts or change the rules of the game for Asian college applicants."

Increased competition
One of the biggest changes is scrapping the requirement that applicants take two SAT subject tests. UC officials say the tests do little to predict who will succeed at UC, no other public university requires them, and many high-achieving students are disqualified because they do not take them.

The policy also widens the pool of candidates by allowing applications from all students who complete the required high school courses, take the main SAT or ACT exams and maintain a 3.0 grade-point average. Under the current policy, students have to rank in the top 12.5 percent of California high school graduates to be eligible.

Students still have to apply to individual campuses, where admissions officers are allowed to consider each applicants' grades, test scores, personal background, extracurricular activities and other factors but not race.
The policy is expected to increase competition for UC admission. This year the university turned away the largest number of students in years after it received a record number of applications and cut freshman enrollment because of the state's budget crisis.

"I'm getting all sorts of e-mails from parents, alumni and donors who are quite upset by the action UC took," said state Assemblyman Ted Lieu, chairman of the Legislature's 11-member Asian-American caucus.

yourreplacement

Rising Star
OG Investor
"eliminate the requirement that applicants take two SAT subject tests and reduce the number of students guaranteed admission based on grades and test scores alone. It takes effect for the freshman class of fall 2012."

:smh: wow......

what the fuck else is there?

malaki

Star
Registered
BET you this coon doesn't say anything:

wardconnerly.jpg

DAYNE

Star
Registered
Those Asian Wanna Assimilate Into White Culture Rice Eating Sone Of Bitches Better Not Ask Black People Stand With Them
Fuck Em

malaki

Star
Registered
not all asians are toms. some of the biggest protestors against connerly's proposition that outlawed affirmative action in california were asians.

DAYNE

Star
Registered
not all asians are toms. some of the biggest protestors against connerly's proposition that outlawed affirmative action in california were asians.

regardless if they are toms are not they most don't like black folk

but black folk love going to there shops and restaurants to eat their garbage food that they don't eat themselves.

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Buuuuuuhwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!! Crackers are showing their true colors, but still them Hindus and zipperheads don't want nothing to do with black folks.

bwb

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol@CAC

1. They enjoy the benefits of white privilege

2. They are forced to allow affirmative action, to the benefit of white women, african americans and asians

3. They lose some [not all obviously] of the benefits of white privilege, and get pissed

4. In reaction, they declare that the playing field is now even, and do away with affirmative action

5. Instead of returning to the previous state of total and utter white dominance, they are trounced by a minority group

6. They quickly move to enact blatant white affirmative action, in hopes of returning whites to their previous state of dominance

7. Too late CAC, you thought that because you voted for Obama you no longer had to deal with minorities, since your vote proved you weren't racist...

For some people, fair competition is only fair when you can guarantee that you will win.

OnSlaught

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yo, the responses thus far are hilarious! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

They were all for letting go of the original Affirmative Action, now they got the shit reversed on 'em something serious! They better hope this shit doesn't spread to the East Coast, or a lot of their asses will be :itsawrap:

Fucked up part is my girl and some of my peeps are Asian (Japanese, Korean, Indian and Pakistani)...oh well! :lol:

OnSlaught

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Are you sure you're not talking about just Filipinos and Vietnamese? 'Cause the ones that I was close with, their families were like, "Everyone should go based on merit alone. Racism is dying out!". See how that tune changed when the shit marginalized their asses. I got love for my Asian peeps, but not for the ones White washed...:smh:

360KNOWLEDGE2

Potential Star
Registered
Too funny !! While YT was too busy trying to hold down blacks, Wan Sum Do and company stood up and has taken over the UC system, LOL

yallfakin

Potential Star
OG Investor
Asians thought that white people actually liked them :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: maybe them sellouts will wake up.

Every race Latinos Asians etc... thinks that they can get a pass from Whitey. Whitey is cool with no one, they will chop your fuckin head off too.
Now the Yips mad...thats what happens when your "Non White"

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
regardless if they are toms are not they most don't like black folk

but black folk love going to there shops and restaurants to eat their garbage food that they don't eat themselves.

Why can't this nigga EVER...EVER, put an intelligible sentence together? :smh:

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I remember back when California was voting on this shit. The Dean at one of universities came out and said that white people were gonna be very disappointed if it passed. He said that if they're were expecting lilly white campuses, it wasn't gonna happen. He said that if they went just by grades the entire incoming medical class would have been Asians.

I can't wait for the day white people are in the minority.

BlackSmurf

I'm Blacksmurf bitch!
Registered
Well thats what the ruling race does.. its textbook human competition.. if you have the power to change the rules and and manipulate the truth then you will do it in order to maintain the ruling position in the world.. Power is never given or earned it has to be taken cause the guy with the power now will do shiesty illegal shit to keep it..

jedimasta

Support BGOL
Registered
Shit man we all need to step our game up. These Asian dudes/girls ain't messing around on this school. I know when I went to college it was still majority white, but Asian people were there making noise.

DLateshow

Star
Registered
Shit man we all need to step our game up. These Asian dudes/girls ain't messing around on this school. I know when I went to college it was still majority white, but Asian people were there making noise.

Yep when it comes to education they don't fuck around. Everyone in the extended family will pitch in to help one graduate from medical school. They are fearless in the classroom. It's a quality I admire in them.

Dlateshow

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
Those Asian Wanna Assimilate Into White Culture Rice Eating Sone Of Bitches Better Not Ask Black People Stand With Them
Fuck Em

You talking real racist right now. Niggas stay upset. Don't you :dance2: ever time you hear about asians. Post more pics etc etc. You two faced loser. Who the hell are You? Who died and made you the voice of black folks? I speak for myself boy.

Acur

wannabe star
Registered

Niggas don't hear You they will spew some rant toward the students who take their education seriously. If all else fails they will cry about the system.

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
Yep when it comes to education they don't fuck around. Everyone in the extended family will pitch in to help one graduate from medical school. They are fearless in the classroom. It's a quality I admire in them.

Dlateshow

Its' not just Asians. Niggas have not woke up. The time for bs in school and calling rev. goodlove for help is done. Pookie will bs all through highshool until he takes the ACT/SAT. Because he did not do well he will call the standardize test racist. He should have turn off the rap music, stop chasing chicken heads, and get focus. He'd rather be a pimp in his own mind like these lames on here.

My friends and I were exposed to the ACT/SAT early. In our household our Parents ie Father and Mother made it was clear that we will get A's and B's. We had fun but we all challenged each other. I remember one year I got a 3.1 my boy had a 3.6. I got back on my grind and brought my grades up. I was not happy with a 3.1 I knew I could do better. I had come from a family of success. I would go home excited about what I learned in school. We did well in school we traveled abroad outside the classroom. It was important as a student to gain a better understand with our teacher and outside of school just because with our parents.

Last edited:

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Niggas don't hear You they will spew some rant toward the students who take their education seriously. If all else fails they will cry about the system.

c/s... people claim the SAT is "culturally biased", but asians who barely speak english ace that mofo... and how can the math portion be biased :confused:

We have to put education first... until we do :itsawrap:

GodBody

Star
Registered
Too many people worry too much bout the wrong shit.

College ain't that damn important. It is almost 2010.