Whovians!!!

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So not only does the Doctor have sugar in his gas tank but
The Master
does as well:rolleyes:
Well, The Maestro isn't The Master. That said, that doesn't necessarily make it an untrue statement. Although at this point, both characters have been both genders, so I don't even think the standard rules apply when it comes to Time Lords.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well, The Maestro isn't The Master. That said, that doesn't necessarily make it an untrue statement. Although at this point, both characters have been both genders, so I don't even think the standard rules apply when it comes to Time Lords.

^^^^

Two hearts bars

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WAIT, a Time Lord can go back to a previous regeneration?

WAIT - WHAT???

Just saw the most recent episode. I think this something Tom Baker's Dr. battle yeeeeeeeears and now it's back.
Covering questions in order:

1) Technically, no. While Tennant's form returned, in the canon, he is technically a new incarnation. He is counted as the 14th Doctor, which means he has technically played two Doctors (although there is little to no difference between the two versions, which I found a little disappointing).

2) Bi-generation is a new thing, and based on the specifics of how it happened, it's unlikely that it will happen again. It was literally a plot device to keep people from having to say goodbye to David again, but it worked for me in general.

3) Recent spoilers, so:
Spot on. Sutekh is an antagonist of the Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker. It was a bit of a surprise, but I actually like them bringing back more classic foes over recycling the same old Daleks and Cybermen.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

giphy.gif

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah. Something i learned a good while ago is that the more Russell tries to explain something, the more his explanations feel like an ass-pull. He crafts these wonderful mysterious moments, but either doesn't have answers for them or deliberately makes the answer something random because he thinks that's witty.

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m behind on Dr. Who. I may have watched the last or second to last regular season with the previous Doctor. How’s the new Doctor? Looking forward to eventually catching up.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m behind on Dr. Who. I may have watched the last or second to last regular season with the previous Doctor. How’s the new Doctor? Looking forward to eventually catching up.
Personally, I like him. He's a breath of fresh air, in a lot of ways. He's young and hip, but in a way that still makes him seem alien at times. The two biggest criticisms I've seen of him are that his sexuality is fluid (which, with RTD writing, you're just going to get what you get) and that he's too emotional.

To the latter, RTD has basically said that this version of the Doctor is more emotional. He does tear up a little fast in some cases, but I like the idea that this incarnation wears their heart on their sleeve. You also see his anger and his frustration flare up with similar passion, so I'm cool with that.

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Personally, I like him. He's a breath of fresh air, in a lot of ways. He's young and hip, but in a way that still makes him seem alien at times. The two biggest criticisms I've seen of him are that his sexuality is fluid (which, with RTD writing, you're just going to get what you get) and that he's too emotional.

To the latter, RTD has basically said that this version of the Doctor is more emotional. He does tear up a little fast in some cases, but I like the idea that this incarnation wears their heart on their sleeve. You also see his anger and his frustration flare up with similar passion, so I'm cool with that.

Appreciate the breakdown!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^^^

Agreed

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah. Something i learned a good while ago is that the more Russell tries to explain something, the more his explanations feel like an ass-pull. He crafts these wonderful mysterious moments, but either doesn't have answers for them or deliberately makes the answer something random because he thinks that's witty.

^^^^

:itsawrap:

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Currently watching the first special "Star Beast" and why is their a tranny in my Doctor Who? :smh:
You're just going to have to deal with it for the show. It doesn't particularly bug me, but if it's going to be an issue, it'll probably end up being an obstacle at some point.