Why are Latinos and others groups trying to say they created Hip-Hop when it was really Black people?

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
Who is saying that? Fat Joe is celebrating the Latinos who contributed at the beginning. They were right there with us in the Bronx. There’s no denying they contributed in the beginning.

Shut the fuck up you cac. This doesn’t pertain to you. Hip Hop was created by Black Americans. Immigrants contributed noting to it. Stay drinking Asian piss you cocksucker.

But to the OP, You let these other groups in your culture and then they lie and stab your ass in the back.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Shut the fuck up you cac. This doesn’t pertain to you. Hip Hop was created by Black Americans. Immigrants contributed noting to it. Stay drinking Asian piss you cocksucker.

But to the OP, You let these other groups in your culture and then they lie and stab your ass in the back.
Shut your tranny loving ass up you retarded dumb fuck of a inbred coon. You from hoe ass Boston you don’t know shit about anything you bitchmade halfbreed goofy faced Irish shit eating tranny loving Sambo

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They hate blacks,they hate the word black,they hate on anything most blacks do because we've done so much and continue to do things daily that sets the standards for urban and black culture that makes the world shift to whatever it is that's going on in the worse of the worse slums of america.

So rather than give us our props for this thing called Hip Hop they would rather say they were there and apart of it so they can say they helped do something they really didn't do and the whole time they can separate themselves from blacks,black culture and get on an internet radio station and say shit like "I would never sign to a black,never".

Don't believe the hype and don't allow them to do this cause it will come back later to bite us in the ass for some shit WE BLACKS CREATED.

Let them stick to Reggaeton which is a complete rip off of modern day rap music,Jamiacan music and whatever else bullshit they steal and add to that shit.Daddy Yankie retired and no one gave a fuck cause that shit wasn't and isn't going no where beyond where's it at on an Island.

IT'S BLACK AND IT NEEDS TO STAY BLACK OR IT'LL DIE......

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who is us? Beginning of what?
Jamaicans started rap music.
Maybe the spics and you were spinning on your heads on cardboard boxes?

Who is saying that? Fat Joe is celebrating the Latinos who contributed at the beginning. They were right there with us in the Bronx. There’s no denying they contributed in the beginning.

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was not alive during the birth of hip hop, I came up during the RUN-DMC and Fat Boy era. Hip Hop and Rap are commonly used synonymously but Rap is the music of Hip Hop and Hip Hop is the culture. Hip Hop is composed of 4 things: DJ, Emcee, B-Boy, and Graffiti Artist. I don't know how much Latinos, actually I should be more specific, Puerto Ricans contributed to Rap during the early days, but they were damn sure some of the illest B-Boys; think Crazy Legs from the Rock Steady Crew and many of them were ill Graffiti Artist too. Puerto Ricans can definitely take credit for contributing to the culture during the early days. I cannot speak to Dominicans through.

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Show me Jamaicans doing it in Jamaica

the style of talking over a record is a Jamaican thing. The foundation of hip hop is Jamaican based. At that time Jamaicans were all up in the Bronx and Brooklyn. Big sound systems and toasting was a thing we brought from Jamaica....what is the big deal? Shit Jamaican Ska has it's roots in American doo wop, we all take from each other...we all black together

But on some real shit, for a small island Jamaica has such a big impact in music, food, culture...Big up Jamaica!!!!!!

Last edited:

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
the style of talking over a record is a Jamaican thing. The foundation of hip hop is Jamaican based. At that time Jamaicans were all up in the Bronx and Brooklyn. Big sound systems and toasting was a thing we brought from Jamaica....what is the big deal? Shit Jamaican Ska has it's roots in American doo wop, we all take from each other...we all black together

But on some real shit, for a small island Jamaica has such a big impact in music, food, culture...Big up Jamaica!!!!!!

Posting editorials ain't proving shit breh
I need them receipts son

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I need them receipts son

no doubt that has elements of hip hop...but those are one off. Hip Hop as an entity has
1. Its roots in the Bronx which was predominantly Caribbean and Puerto Rican in the early 70's
2. It was common the hear sound clashes from the block parties from the sound systems (something that happens in Jamaica all the time)
3. the creator of hip hop is Jamaican

now we know coming from a poor area in the late 60's and early 70's these things weren't recorded like things are today. People weren't walking around with smartphones recording everything. But if you are from NY, and used to listen to WHLI and WBLS with Mr Magic....you know the foundation of hip hop. Man no shame that hip hop had external influence, everything does. All music takes from the music that preceded it, tha twill never change.

Bluelaser

Rising Star
Registered
Blacks = Rapping, Music, Deejays, Dancing, Pop Locking, Fashion and Fine Ass Black Queens
Puerto Rican = Graffiti Art, Dancing, Break Dancing, Dee Jays, Fine Ass Puerto Rican Sistahs.
Mix all of that in a bowl as a collective and you have the hiphop culture.

So as Truth stated, Puerto Ricans definitely played a role in or were instrumental in the start of the Hip-Hop culture.

ny1800

Rising Star
Registered
I need them receipts son

THIS IS HIP HOP IN ITS BIRTH STAGE CREATED BY BLACK
AMERICANS, SHOW ME A PR OR JAMAICAN CAT RAPPING BEFORE 1970. CHARLIE CHASE (1 PR CAT) AND COOL HERC (1 JAMAICAN CAT) HELP PUSHED WHAT WAS ALREADY CREATED BY BLACK AMERICANS. EVEN WITHOUT THEM TWO HIPHOP WAS GONNA BLOW THE FUCK UP EVERYONES KNOWS THAT. PEOPLE KEEP MAKING BOLD STATEMENTS WITHOUT PROOF OF ANYONE IN THE ISLANDS RAPPING OR MAKING RAP BEATS TO SPIN OR LAY VERSES DOWN ON PRIOR TO 1970.

JungleBros

Rising Star
Registered
That's garbage because blacks were saying it was noise etc. It was a subculture started by blacks primarily, with Latinos to a smaller but significant degree
If everyone gets their own country, Black People get theirs too.
Latinos? Puerto Rico predominantly Black? Dominican Republic predominately Black? Are Jamaicans predominately Black?

Division is hard to do when you really think about it.

2missedcalls

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So why didn't they call it Jamaican Rap or something else with patois in it?
Why are the 99 percent of samples used created by black old school artists?
They don't like Jamaican samples? Rappers don't tour in Jamaica.
Jamaicans don't feel rap. Black people have always loved BIG ass speakers and sound.
Herc didn't event that. Aaaaaannnnndd...why now? You didn't say shit when you
supposedly created it. If they really invented rap it would've never made it to the states.
Why did you call it rap? Watching all those Black American movies I guess.

Last edited:

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Weeeeeeeell, they didn't create Hip-hop. As already mentioned, Hip-hop is a culture and yes, they were in the mix practically from the jump. SOME of them, those who were cool with brothers and didn't have that hate-black agenda tucked away like so many do.
If you walked across the bridge or took the train to the Fever you passed through nothing but Puerto Rican neighborhoods. Plenty of PR mamis were all over the place. This is one reason you had to roll deep and stay strapped cause if you pressed the wrong chick them fuckers came in waves.

And yes, Herc brought the "toasting" from Jamaica to the PJs, or at least he popularized and americanised it, but he wasn't the first or only one to mix records. I remember that happening long before Rap.