Will Smith just slapped the fuck out of Chris Rock (update) Will banned for 10 years from Oscars

Who's more at fault?

• Will - He took it way too far by engaging in public assault.

Votes: 277 75.7%
  • Chris - But only if he was aware of her medical condition.

Votes: 40 10.9%
  • Other (i.e. August Alsina, continued Tupac lust, etc.)

Votes: 49 13.4%

• Total voters

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Protecting your woman's honor isn't simpin'
Especially when she's sick.

1acO05.jpg

plum_eater

Star
BGOL Investor
Will may be in custody tomorrow morning. He can't deny this. It is assault and battery, plain and simple. He can't hide from that, it was broadcast all over the world. Will gonna have to meet the Toss Salad man.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nigga a open hand slap from yo big ass probably feel like getting hit with a cinder block...

I'm good fam I got a few niggas in Houston you can slap for me I need a laugh

I swear I slapped a nigha years ago..and he said..I got em with a brick... slapping a nigha mostly results in him being too shook to fight back.. brah

Last edited:

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Will Smith walked onto the Oscars stage and hit Chris Rock after the comic joked about Jada Pinkett Smith's bald head
Jason Guerrasio
1 hour ago

Will Smith slaps Chris Rock

Will Smith hits Chris Rock on stage of the 94th Oscars Reuters
  • Chris Rock made a joke referencing Jada Pinkett Smith's bald head.
  • Her husband, Will Smith, then walked on stage and appeared to slap Rock.
  • "Will Smith just smacked the shit out of me," a stunned Rock said as Smith walked back to his seat.
Over 3 million people read Morning Brew; you should too

Email address

By clicking ‘Sign up’, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider as well as other partner offers and accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

In one of the most shocking moments in awards season history, Will Smith appears to have hit Chris Rock on the Oscars stage.
Rock was presenting the award for best documentary feature but dropped a few jokes before announcing the winner. One of them was directed towards Smith's wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, when Rock said "Can't wait for G.I. Jane 2." Rock was seemingly making a reference to Pinkett Smith's bald head.
Moments later, Smith walks on stage and hits Rock across the face.
Rock responds by saying, "Oh, wow."

In the version that was not censored overseas, which was shared by international viewers on Twitter, you can then see Rock say, "Will Smith just smacked the shit out of me."
Smith then walks back to his chair next to his wife and yells to Rock, "Keep my wife's name out of your fucking mouth!"

Pinkett Smith has spoken out in the past about having alopecia, which has led to hair loss.
In December, Pinkett Smith posted a video of herself on Instagram in which she revealed her baldness.

"Look at this line right here," Pinkett Smith said while pointing at her scalp. "Now this is going to be a little bit more difficult for me to hide, so I thought I'd just share it so y'all not asking any questions — but you know, mama's going to put some rhinestones in there, and I'm going to make me a little crown."

Insider contacted both Smith and Rock's reps but didn't get an immediate response.

Following the incident, fellow actors came to console Smith, including Bradley Cooper, who offered Smith a hug.

Will Smith and Bradley Cooper hugging

Will Smith and Bradley Cooper hugging during the 94th Oscars Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty
Denzel Washington and Tyler Perry also came and talked to him, photos show. During Smith's acceptance speech for best actor a bit later in the night, Smith said in that moment Washington told him that at your highest moment is "when the devil comes for you."

ADVERTISING

Denzel Washington, Will Smith, and Tyler Perry talking

Denzel Washington and Tyler Perry talking to Will Sith after Smith hit Chris Rock on the Oscar stage. Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty
"Art imitates life, I look like the crazy father," Smith also said during his acceptance speech, seemingly referring to hitting Rock. "But love will make you do crazy things."

At the end of his speech, Smith joked about hoping the Academy would invite him back next year.