WTF??? Kodak Black Says He Doesn’t Like His Own Skin Complexion or Dark Skin girls

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
These new age dudes, I hear the dumb shit they say and do more than their music

All I ever hear is this fool getting arrested or saying dumb shit

I can't even be upset or surprised at anything this little shit head does or says at this point
The self hate was always there. It's just that people now know what it is, how to identify it, and how to remedy it.

My daughter has never had a perm. As long as there is air in my lungs, she never will.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I remember seeing him on Breakfast Club, and thinking he was slightly autistic or a crack baby or something...real shit

That was when he wore the ski mask the whole interview. It reminded me of Ricky Williams when he wore the helmet during the interview and I was wondering if he had social anxiety issues...but I think dude is just a crack baby.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They will make you love their wealth and hate yourself....

If he wasn't who he is and looked the way he looks,do you really think he would get the attention he gets?I mean his music in the typical ignorant shit that you could find on soundcloud from thousands of other's that sound just like him.

He's young and he has a little fame and it's changing him but after the smoke clears he'll know exactly who he is,where he comes from and how should act or if not them people will make sure he does.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I wouldn't fault him for having an aesthetic preference for lite skin women...some ppl have a preference for dark skin women...either or black is black...it's not a fucking crime...he lost me tho when he tried to maintain that dark skin women are not demure...and went so far as to say they're "gutter"...he needs his brain kicked loose for that...might jar some sense into him :dunno:

the artist

Same shit, different day
BGOL Investor
This isn't an opposites attract matter. Ita pure miseducation amd self hatred. Don't confuse the two.

Master P failed him.

Aint about being mad. Its about checking ignorance and rejecting self hatred.

My opinion is mine. Don't confuse that.

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
i'm going through some thangs lately

:idea:how would kodak black handle it

Esther

Rising Star
OG Investor
A lot of black men feel this way. A lot of them pretend that they don’t but subconsciously they do. See it all the time on here.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
A lot of black men feel this way. A lot of them pretend that they don’t but subconsciously they do. See it all the time on here.

You gotta be careful about generalizing

And then trying to figure out who is "pretending". How would you know someone's true intentions?

I agree he isn't alone and in fact many dark skin PEOPLE

male and female feel this way

In fact many who wouldnt be categorized as "black"

Have difficulty with their own dark complexions.

However it is not the norm.

Just as you claim to know a lot who do?

I know "a lot" who don't.

Esther

Rising Star
OG Investor
You gotta be careful about generalizing

And then trying to figure out who is "pretending". How would you know someone's true intentions?

I agree he isn't alone and in fact many dark skin PEOPLE

male and female feel this way

In fact many who wouldnt be categorized as "black"

Have difficulty with their own dark complexions.

However it is not the norm.

Just as you claim to know a lot who do?

I know "a lot" who don't.

I don’t feel like I was generalizing. What word should I use?

It’s a lot of black women bashing on here, especially with dark complexions. It’s subtle at times but it’s here.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Opposites attract. Nothing new here. He was probably dogged for his complexion growing up too. Who knows how that changed his outlook.

I know what kodak tryin to do, he tryin to be that keep it extra real knigga...

that ok on street level, but not on a natioinal or global level.. that realness turns to retardation with the quickness..

but nothing wrong with folks having prefrences.

I prefer younger chocolate sisters, but I know one day

a older chocolate sister gonna put it on my ass..:yes:

In the meantime tho...:lol:

but I digress.. yea this dude kodak really needs to think three times, write shit out twice, then hire a PR rep to look over it...for approval

gw1933

Rising Star
Registered
Im not trying to poke the bear, but I know a couple like skinned folk who say they dont like their complexion....They all prefer dark skinned companions

Would you still consider it self-hate?

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im not trying to poke the bear, but I know a couple like skinned folk who say they dont like their complexion....They all prefer dark skinned companions

Interesting question, perhaps the light skinned folk that you are referring to have a disdain for their complexion because they associate it with some of the people of European ancestry that they have come in contact with. I don't consider this to be self-hate.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting question, perhaps the light skinned folk that you are referring to have a disdain for their complexion because they associate it with some of the people of European ancestry that they have come in contact with. I don't consider this to be self-hate.

yea I know a lightskin bruh who hates his step moms to this day with a passion,

because she made him get rid of all his dark skin friends and just hang out with the lightskin ones..

she was from tennesee and he said if it wasnt for his people who also happen to be lightskin from the west coast,

he wouldve lost his mind... his stepmother till this day tries to reach him and he wants nothing to do with her..

he said its people like her that is keepin us as a people from prospering and her death would be a gift to us all...

and he aint smiling when he says it...

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
back then i could understand that thinking because i thought the same way, try coming up in the late 70's -80's being dark skinned when even black teachers shunned you... i can't see how that's happening now though.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

because she made him get rid of all his dark skin friends and just hang out with the lightskin ones..

she was from tennesee and he said if it wasnt for his people who also happen to be lightskin from the west coast,

he wouldve lost his mind... his stepmother till this day tries to reach him and he wants nothing to do with her..

he said its people like her that is keepin us as a people from prospering and her death would be a gift to us all...

That's messed up! I'm considered light skinned (think Will Smith), but my oldest brother favors Demond Wilson (Lamont Sanford from "Sanford and Son"), and my family (uncles, aunts, cousins) ranges from dark brown to "Lisa Bonet" light. I've never had a hangup about complexion when it came to friends or dating, but I will tell you that I have had some questionable comments leveled at me from a few darker pigmented relatives and friends (sometimes, I felt the need to keep a 2# pencil in my pocket to prove to people my skin tone is NOT YELLOW, LOL).

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not many people know this about me, but I have the ability to travel into the future. I have a photo of Kodak from the future, its a little controversial, but we all KNEW it would end this way.... Without further ado:
Screen-Shot-2017-07-13-at-10.42.13-AM.png

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
back then i could understand that thinking because i thought the same way, try coming up in the late 70's -80's being dark skinned when even black teachers shunned you... i can't see how that's happening now though.

Da Don, what has really changed in the black community to have you believe that wouldn't happen now (since, some of us that might have issues with color might pass that BS on to our children)?

gw1933

Rising Star
Registered

It definitely goes both ways unfortunately, because I ran into a Light skinned chick who was proud of it. In fact, she even went on to say, "I'm proud to be Light skinned Black". My response was, "that makes as much sense as a feminist proud of having a husband"....She was one of those self-proclaimed "woke" types....Her so-called Black pride was really a mask to overcompensate for her deep seeded disdain for being Black, because she really wanted to be White................Thats the message I got from her when I read between the lines.

She would even go as far to tell her kids to not stay in the sun too long....and 5 minutes later she would be talking about "Im Black and proud". We know what side she was really on underneath it all

The step-mom is sick dysfunctional. It's people like that that keep us divided. I wish we can take all colorists and burn them in a bonfire.................Sad thing is, if we did that alot of people would be saying "Rest in peace" to people in their own families (either immediate or extended).

Last edited:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

It wouldn't be an issue. Wouldn't have been an issue if Kodak said he loves dark skin woman and doesn't prefer redbones and brown skin women. Nowadays, cat say he prefer light-skin or brown-skin women he minus whale join the klan. It's like a woman can say she prefer a dark-skin man and no one would say shit. Now let that same black woman say she prefer light-skin men and the Internet would melt.

This ain't 1919. It's 2019. A dark skin woman who is 5'3" and 200 pounds can go on the 'gram and have 100,ooo followers by July.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Sadly its a lot of Black people out there with his same ignorant mindset.

Dark skin synonymous with negative and light skin synonymous with positive.

But try to cover it up with it just being their "preference".

The magical word they use to hide behind their fucked up thinking to hide from criticism.

When you can't see beauty or femininity in anything unless it's white or light it's more than just a preference, that's influence.

When you say shit like that you become a white supremacist, you support continuing the white supremacist agenda, White/Light is right and Black/Dark is wrong.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kodak Black Gets 46-Month Prison Sentence on Federal Weapons Charges
By Justin Curto
Photo: Scott Dudelson/Getty Images

After rapper Kodak Black pleaded guilty for lying on two separate background-check forms for gun purchases last January and March, the rapper has been sentenced to 46 months in prison by a federal court. In both instances, he did not mention his felony indictment from a 2016 sexual-misconduct charge in South Carolina, for which he could face up to 30 years in prison.

That charge came after he was accused of sexually attacking a woman in a Florida hotel room in February 2016.

While awaiting sentencing on his federal weapons charge in a Florida prison, Black attacked a guard, according to prosecutors’ statements during his sentencing hearing. His current sentence is in line with the 46-to-57-month sentence recommended by the state but is above his lawyer’s requested 37-to-44 months.

The charges, on which Black was arrested before his Rolling Loud set in May, carried a maximum 10-year sentence.