Xbox Series X/S Microsoft - A New Dawn | Halo Studios

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
I hate the guys saying that folks won't leave because of GamePass. Bullshit! Gamepass for XBox only vs. a Playstation with PS Exclusives/XBox games/3rd party games not coming to XBox wins easily. Consumers are not loyal. They follow trends and deals. And Sony own trends because XBox has a retarded marketing team.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Not going to lie.... the old me would give a shit but the new me is like...

I don't care

As long as the first party shit comes day 1st on gamepass fuck it. Let kats on Playstation pay 70 bucks for these games.

As a guy that now owns a PS5.... this shit is expensive. All this shit is 70 bucks.... I want to play god of war Ragnarök but I also wanted to play Spider man 2... since both of these titles are 70 bucks... I had to make a business choice.

If this shit was day 1 on Playstation plus... I wouldn't care

but the thing that I was also thinking about is that you can't have it both ways

You can't bitch about Layoffs but then bitch about a company trying to find a way to maximize profits.

The industry is just too expensive now. Look at all of the streaming companies removing their own shows from their own streaming services to cut costs.

As much as I would hate to see it.... I think this is smart for Microsoft.

1. The FTC pointed out in their ongoing case the issues with Microsoft making Bethesda games exclusive
2. In the ABK case they had to sign agreements making Call of Duty remains multiplatform and they had to sign over streaming rights to ABK games to Ubisoft.

So unless you are going to be ok with Microsoft having to layoff even more people.... they have to find a way to maximize their ROI on this ABK deal.

Sony knows they are going to have to do the same thing... which is why you have their First party shit now dropping day first on PC now.

Nintendo is still the holdout but on the real Nintendo is still ahead of everyone.... Nintendo Switch's cost so much less to make and because they have never waivered on shit coming to PC or any other service... You don't have a choice. They also have Iconic franchises. And they have a portable system. They are built for the longhaul.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I also want to point out that Microsoft is STILL in the middle of the FTC lawsuit over the ABK deal...

It's still ongoing .... I don't get what people want Microsoft to say on this.

These leaks about things going Multi-platform actually work in their favor.

It's like kats completely forgot that the FTC didn't drop their suit just because the deal closed.

use-your-brain.gif

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I dont see MS fighting so hard for ABK and then turn around to do this stupid shit. Doesn't really affect me either way. I will still get my games and I will still keep buying MS stock.

exactly..... but obviously they can't just come out and say the shit because that's what the FTC wants them to do... to show that no matter what Microsoft says look at what they said they would do with the Bethesda deal and look how all their bethesda games are exclusive to Microsoft.

The long play in this would be to shut your mouth during this suit.... to help make it easier for further purchases.

You don't spend 70 billion to then shut down your gaming division.... but it does make sense to maximize profits.

This is no different then Netflix having an exclusive Movie but they temporarily launce the movie in theatres or how you can rent Netflix movies on other rental services.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
exactly..... but obviously they can't just come out and say the shit because that's what the FTC wants them to do... to show that no matter what Microsoft says look at what they said they would do with the Bethesda deal and look how all their bethesda games are exclusive to Microsoft.

The long play in this would be to shut your mouth during this suit.... to help make it easier for further purchases.

You don't spend 70 billion to then shut down your gaming division.... but it does make sense to maximize profits.

This is no different then Netflix having an exclusive Movie but they temporarily launce the movie in theatres or how you can rent Netflix movies on other rental services.

I thought they'd agreed to keep any games from the Activision purchase on all platforms.

That wouldn't include Starfield, Halo, etc.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I thought they'd agreed to keep any games from the Activision purchase on all platforms.

That wouldn't include Starfield, Halo, etc.

Microsoft did but the FTC is still suing them and in this suit... the FTC has brought up Microsoft's previous statements regarding the Bethesda deal and exclusives. They directly talked about Redfall and Starfield.

Putting Starfield on PS5 would show that Microsoft did keep their promise and looked at Starfield as a limited exclusive.. It would support their case in the ABK deal and it would likely make is easier when it comes to other studio purchases.

I don't think Microsoft would do any of this if they didn't get the push back on the Abk deal.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

And this is why I love some Phil Spencer.....

If they do move some shit to PS5, my gut tells me this is a decision that was made over his head.

But it's still the right call.. they have a huge workforce now. They have a board of directors to answer to and you have maximize your profits or cuts will have to be made.

Like there's no way... shit like Halo, Gears, Forza will be there ....

But I can see Hi-rush and Sea of thieves.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I’m going to repost this September tweet from Phil when the leaks came out last year….

People are just going crazy right now… hell they haven’t even officially said what they are doing with Activision and blizzards old catalog and new catalog. People are freaking out

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not going to lie.... the old me would give a shit but the new me is like...

I don't care

As long as the first party shit comes day 1st on gamepass fuck it. Let kats on Playstation pay 70 bucks for these games.

As a guy that now owns a PS5.... this shit is expensive. All this shit is 70 bucks.... I want to play god of war Ragnarök but I also wanted to play Spider man 2... since both of these titles are 70 bucks... I had to make a business choice.
for what it's worth both these games will probably be on PS+ eventually. I can wait. If not, I can wait for the GOTY editions with all available content. I ain't paying 70 bucks for games, either.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor

I would argue that they always had exclusives. But the gaming media ignored them and treated them like shit because of the initial always online issue and they never let up. So now with Bethesda and Activision they can shut that shit up because they are a force to be reckoned with now. And that's before grabbing Sega.