depriest

Star
BGOL Investor
fridge-dissapointed.gif
ether fucked up pictures or fucked up body I will pass

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
Zoe is pretty much a white woman with a tan.

She also don't fck with black men like that.

That is a body that White men love - I am sure she was popular in the office of the studio executives - she has the same body as all of these White Hollywood actresses - smh

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Zoe Saldaña says Jerry Bruckheimer apologized for her set experience on Pirates of the Caribbean

"I walked away not really having a good experience from it overall."
By Jess LeonOctober 25, 2022 at 04:01 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
FBTweetMore

00:14
01:00

SKIP ADS
Pirates of the Caribbean
TYPE
  • Movie
Zoe Saldaña's experience on the first Pirates of the Caribbean was comparable to getting cursed by the Black Pearl.
Right off the heels of roles in Crossroads and Center Stage, Saldaña joined the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise to play Anamaria, a tough smuggler and pirate wronged by Captain Jack Sparrow on more than one occasion.
Saldaña is no stranger to the franchise world nowadays, having starred in Avatar, Star Trek, and Guardians of the Galaxy, but in 2003, Pirates was her first exposure to making a film on such a large scale.
"It was my first exposure to a major Hollywood mega movie, where there were just so many actors and so many producers and so many crew members," Saldaña tells EW. "We were shooting in different locations, and the environments were not that agreeable, sometimes, to our shoot days. I was very young, and it was just a little too big for me, and the pace of it was a little too fast."

Zoe Saldana 'The Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl'

| CREDIT: ELLIOTT MARKS/WALT DISNEY
She continued, "I walked away not really having a good experience from it overall. I felt like I was lost in the trenches of it a great deal, and I just didn't feel like that was okay." The experience led Saldaña to decide not to return to the franchise for any future installments.
Although her time on set was less than ideal, she was able to receive a bit of closure years later, thanks to none other than producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
"Years later, I was able to meet with Jerry Bruckheimer, who apologized that I had that experience cause he really wants everyone to have a good experience on his projects," she said. "That really moved me — the fact that he remembered that I had mentioned that during press, I guess, or an engagement I had done years before and that he felt compelled to bring it up and to take accountability."

Fortunately, Saldaña didn't let her experience with Pirates impact her future career decisions about joining franchises. "To feel seen and heard as an artist, throughout the years, or even just as a person, means so much," says Saldaña.
Watch her full "Role Call" video above, where she takes us through some of her most notable roles.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Zoe Saldaña explains why she went into Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 feeling 'bitter'

Still, in the end, "it was a very sweet departure, I have to say."
By Jess LeonOctober 26, 2022 at 09:00 AM EDT

Making Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was a bittersweet experience for Zoe Saldaña, who knew going into the shoot that it would likely mark her last time playing Gamora.
"[Filming] started bitter in the beginning cause obviously you're anticipating the end, but I'm just so happy that once again I got to work with great people," the actress tells EW while promoting her upcoming Netflix show, From Scratch. "I had an evolution that I witnessed of myself, but also my director and my cast. I just felt very blessed and grateful. It was a very sweet departure, I have to say."

Earlier this year, Guardians director James Gunn said on Deadline's Hero Nation podcast that Vol. 3 would be "the last time people will see this team of Guardians," adding, "This is the end for us."

Zoe Saldaña 'Guardians of the Galaxy'

| CREDIT: EVERETT COLLECTION
The final Guardians film in Gunn's trilogy will dive deeper into Rocket's origins as a genetically enhanced creature, exploring the trauma that shaped him into the pessimistic, wise-cracking raccoon we know and love. At this year's San Diego Comic-Con, Gunn revealed to EW that he initially wasn't planning on making a third movie.
"I knew I needed to come back to tell this story and, in some ways, in particular, I have a special closeness to the character of Rocket, and I knew I needed to finish to tell his story," Gunn said. "I knew that that was what started me on this journey, was seeing who he could be and who he was, where he came from, and the thing that grounded me initially in the Guardians."

After playing Gamora across five films for over eight years, Saldaña has a lot of favorite memories from set. Asked about that iconic Avengers: Endgame "Women Power" moment she shared alongside Gwyneth Paltrow, Tessa Thompson, Brie Larson, and more, she said she knew it was a special moment, but not for the reasons you may think.

"Obviously, we knew it was going to be special, and we were feeling ourselves every time the Russos would say, 'Action!'" says Saldaña. "But what I can remember — and these are the nuggets of life that make me feel so human and keep me grounded — is that we were just complaining about how uncomfortable our costumes were, our makeup, our wigs, how cold the set was, how much we didn't want to be there, how much we wanted to be there. So we were just being girls, you know? Going together and acting tough [through that] was also very special."
Watch our full "Role Call" with Zoe Saldaña above.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Avatar director James Cameron shades Marvel movies in new interview with MCU star Zoe Saldaña

The actress has starred in three Guardians of the Galaxy films as well as Cameron's Avatar series.
By Joey NolfiOctober 26, 2022 at 09:51 AM EDT

Avatar director James Cameron is following The Way of Water far away from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The Oscar-winning Titanic helmer criticized MCU and DC productions — with Avatar and Guardians of the Galaxy actress Zoe Saldaña participating in the same conversation — in a recent interview with the The New York Times pegged to his upcoming blockbuster sequel.
Responding to a question about how fatherhood has changed his approach to moviemaking, the 68-year-old filmmaker said having children pushed his perspective to new places.
"I also want to do the thing that other people aren't doing. When I look at these big, spectacular films — I'm looking at you, Marvel and DC — it doesn't matter how old the characters are, they all act like they're in college," he said during the video conversation, which the Times noted also included Avatar actors Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, and Saldaña.

He continued, "They have relationships, but they really don't. They never hang up their spurs because of their kids. The things that really ground us and give us power, love, and a purpose? Those characters don't experience it, and I think that's not the way to make movies."
The Times piece did not include a direct response from Saldaña. A representative for the actress did not immediately respond to EW's request for comment.
James Cameron; Zoe Saldaña

| CREDIT: EARL GIBSON III/WIREIMAGE; MARVEL STUDIOS
Confirming Cameron's sentiment, The Way of Water producer Jon Landau previously told EW that the planned Avatar sequels "are a story about family, and the lengths parents will go through to keep that family together and keep them safe," because there's "no more universal theme than family."

In addition to fronting the first Avatar film and helping rake in nearly $3 billion in global ticket sales between late 2009 and early 2010, Saldaña joined the MCU for 2014's James Gunn–directed smash Guardians of the Galaxy, which spawned a 2017 sequel. A third film is slated for release in 2023.
The success of Guardians led to Saldaña's character, the green-skinned hero Gamora, crossing over into the Avengers films, while she also appears in themed video footage inside Disneyland's Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: Breakout! attraction as well as the new Disney World roller coaster Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.

Last edited:

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Avatar director James Cameron shades Marvel movies in new interview with MCU star Zoe Saldaña

The actress has starred in three Guardians of the Galaxy films as well as Cameron's Avatar series.
By Joey NolfiOctober 26, 2022 at 09:51 AM EDT

Avatar director James Cameron is following The Way of Water far away from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The Oscar-winning Titanic helmer criticized MCU and DC productions — with Avatar and Guardians of the Galaxy actress Zoe Saldaña participating in the same conversation — in a recent interview with the The New York Times pegged to his upcoming blockbuster sequel.
Responding to a question about how fatherhood has changed his approach to moviemaking, the 68-year-old filmmaker said having children pushed his perspective to new places.
"I also want to do the thing that other people aren't doing. When I look at these big, spectacular films — I'm looking at you, Marvel and DC — it doesn't matter how old the characters are, they all act like they're in college," he said during the video conversation, which the Times noted also included Avatar actors Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, and Saldaña.

He continued, "They have relationships, but they really don't. They never hang up their spurs because of their kids. The things that really ground us and give us power, love, and a purpose? Those characters don't experience it, and I think that's not the way to make movies."
The Times piece did not include a direct response from Saldaña. A representative for the actress did not immediately respond to EW's request for comment.
James Cameron; Zoe Saldaña

| CREDIT: EARL GIBSON III/WIREIMAGE; MARVEL STUDIOS
Confirming Cameron's sentiment, The Way of Water producer Jon Landau previously told EW that the planned Avatar sequels "are a story about family, and the lengths parents will go through to keep that family together and keep them safe," because there's "no more universal theme than family."

In addition to fronting the first Avatar film and helping rake in nearly $3 billion in global ticket sales between late 2009 and early 2010, Saldaña joined the MCU for 2014's James Gunn–directed smash Guardians of the Galaxy, which spawned a 2017 sequel. A third film is slated for release in 2023.
The success of Guardians led to Saldaña's character, the green-skinned hero Gamora, crossing over into the Avengers films, while she also appears in themed video footage inside Disneyland's Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: Breakout! attraction as well as the new Disney World roller coaster Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
Tldr

This man has been remaking ferngully/delgo and trying to make 3-d a thing since Avatar...I don't give a single fuck what Cameron thinks about the MCU. He's no Scorsese. :giggle: