2 men have been charged in connection with the homicide of Jam Master Jay

Jboogiee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It seems he did not get paid by the group. Had to flip the money to pay the bills.
If you are a successful drug dealer you must make more than a DJ in a rap group.

Yep

"JMJ wasnt signed to the label as part of the group at first, which is why he's not on the front cover on the first 3 albums. He started appearing from Tougher than Leather onwards. Unfortunately thats when RUN DMC started falling off, so he didnt make a lot of money from the group unless it was tour money. Paid him a straight fee to DJ, rather than a cut of the royalties".

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks. Just like I thought. So he was broke comparatively speaking.

I know Eric B didn't have that deal.

Yep

"JMJ wasnt signed to the label as part of the group at first, which is why he's not on the front cover on the first 3 albums. He started appearing from Tougher than Leather onwards. Unfortunately thats when RUN DMC started falling off, so he didnt make a lot of money from the group unless it was tour money. Paid him a straight fee to DJ, rather than a cut of the royalties".

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Huh?
I got the same advice from a OG connected Italian when I was in the game in NYC. He owned a body shop on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn, his father was a retired cop. He saw some shit in my car and was like "yo kid whats this about?". I came clean and he told me always keep a legit story. If shit should ever hit the fan you can say this is who I am and this is what I do.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kinda funny story...

One of the angriest celebrities I ever met was Russell Simmons. He talks this kumbuya stuff but he has a hood type get the fuck outta my face shit.
Unless the cameras are around then he is cool.

JMJ on the other had was low key and chill and quiet.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wait, so killers should be walking free amongst the non killers?
U on that gangsta shit like that?

‘Which one you want... cemetery or penitentiary?’ -my dad

Respect to the legend, but Jay seemed to be a part of the problem. And now y’all celebrate the arrest of his killer’s?

so many L’s

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Kinda funny story...

One of the angriest celebrities I ever met was Russell Simmons. He talks this kumbuya stuff but he has a hood type get the fuck outta my face shit.
Unless the cameras are around then he is cool.

JMJ on the other had was low key and chill and quiet.
watch "The Show" and you can see a glimpse of the asshole he is.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That come with the game right? He’d be alive if he just went and got a job. Over 30 selling drugs is ridiculous.

A nicca with a job will kill you quicker than a street nicca. They got more to lose
Over 30 selling drugs is ridiculous? Who do you think is supplying all them wall street, lawyers, accountants,doctors, politicians, etc their nose candy? You think kids getting in them circles? Nah homie it's the older distinguish gentlemen getting that money.. Hell low key getting a mailroom job was the best way to get into them circles to branch out and get clientele with diff tax brackets.. Man I could give some blueprints on how to start tax free bizz selling certain products of interest to certain demographic... The nig in the suit from New jack city was the real game changer(that's why Nino Brown never really hated him)

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
it be the people closest to you

Any man who can so shamelessly post regular R.I.P.'s and snap flicks at his mural will have no problem flipping immediately and telling every single detail to save himself.

This also goes to show how fake all that hood honor and love is.

On top of being a Hip-Hop icon Jay has consistently been described as someone who showed love and looked out for many.

And yet none of the thorough dudes from that area had a problem with these dudes walking in that same hood comfortably or thought to discipline them for killing JMJ :smh:

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
uh oh.. shhhhh.....

question...

would you be shocked if fiddy had something to do with it??

Silence is very telling.

It’s telling the neither Run nor DMC have publicly said anything.

It’s telling that 50, who was mentored by JMJ, is quiet so far. 50 never hesitates to discuss Queens politics. Especially Jamaica Queens.

I would be surprised if 50 had something to do with it. But I wouldn’t be surprised if 50 knew why he died and who killed him back in 02.

HUNTSVEGAZ

Hip-Hop father
Registered
Over 30 selling drugs is ridiculous? Who do you think is supplying all them wall street, lawyers, accountants,doctors, politicians, etc their nose candy? You think kids getting in them circles? Nah homie it's the older distinguish gentlemen getting that money.. Hell low key getting a mailroom job was the best way to get into them circles to branch out and get clientele with diff tax brackets.. Man I could give some blueprints on how to start tax free bizz selling certain products of interest to certain demographic... The nig in the suit from New jack city was the real game changer(that's why Nino Brown never really hated him)
C’mon bro... my brother thought the same thing. Behind the wall since ‘07.

New Jack city??.. so what happened to ALL of the hustlers in the end..??

HUNTSVEGAZ

Hip-Hop father
Registered
Silence is very telling.

It’s telling the neither Run nor DMC have publicly said anything.

It’s telling that 50, who was mentored by JMJ, is quiet so far. 50 never hesitates to discuss Queens politics. Especially Jamaica Queens.

I would be surprised if 50 had something to do with it. But I wouldn’t be surprised if 50 knew why he died and who killed him back in 02.
There comes a time in life when your legacy is important. And there’s absolutely nothing positive about this story.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
C’mon bro... my brother thought the same thing. Behind the wall since ‘07.

New Jack city??.. so what happened to ALL of the hustlers in the end..??
I can tell you about people that been doing it for decades who may only got a parking ticket at most.. Young dudes that been doing it for 10 yrs plus with no situation.. Even a kid who got caught up but since his record was so clean they just gave him a yr probation and continued after it was up.. There's dudes that did it and flip it or flipping it into legitimate bizz... Like I said supplying white/blue collar workers with certain products can go undetected and u'll ride out into the sunset all good.. It's a lot of stories like that but the "hood" don't like those squeaky clean guys they like hearing street tales in fact Hollywood would rather people follow the grimey street method cause it pushes killing minorities, greed, shitty blueprints.. The powers that be, law enforcement, and Hollywood don't want smart minority criminal enterprises, they want reckless ,loud, showboating, violent imagery for the minority masses and iconic figures

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
maybe this is why it didnt get solved sooner ...:puzzled:

didnt wanna tarnish his name ?

jus like me i`m pretty sure a few heads never knew he was dealing ...

if this is tru mad people probably knew who did it ...

the thing is i`m surprised the streets didnt handle it ... ?

diamond4981

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There were reports that he had money problems at the time of his death but who knew he had resorted to moving weight to survive.
crazy part is that it was said that the labels owed him money still and he was going broke and resorted to this. Im not sure if run or dmc tried to help him out but it wasn't their fault.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
That come with the game right? He’d be alive if he just went and got a job. Over 30 selling drugs is ridiculous.

A nicca with a job will kill you quicker than a street nicca. They got more to lose

What sort of cocoon do you live in?

I read that and was like what the fuck is he talking about

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
So the same dude who killed stretch

It was multiple people who killed Stretch, he was allegedly one.

uh oh.. shhhhh.....

question...

would you be shocked if fiddy had something to do with it??

Why? 50 was successful by then. He had no motive.

He was also part of the documentary.

I'm sure 50 knew who did it though. Which is why I wonder why he offered the reward? To indirectly get the killer indicted?

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was multiple people who killed Stretch, he was allegedly one.

Why? 50 was successful by then. He had no motive.

He was also part of the documentary.

I'm sure 50 knew who did it though. Which is why I wonder why he offered the reward? To indirectly get the killer indicted?

didnt jay have fif under contract at the time?

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude that shot him, who was free stayed in Queens. Would he been better off getting a one way ticket to Finland?

diamond4981

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
@playahaitian @papi68 BGOL legal does he have a case?

The man accused of killing Run-DMC legend Jam Master Jay almost 20 years ago is demanding the murder charges be dropped, claiming the government violated his constitutional right to due process by dragging their feet in the case.

In a motion filed in New York federal court on Monday (April 11), Karl Jordan, Jr. argued the almost two decade-long delay in “hauling him to court” has left him unable to properly defend himself against the charges. He points to cell phone records that would support his alibi no longer being available.
“Karl Jordan, Jr. has due process rights that must be respected and enforced and hauling him into court and forcing him to defend himself against a murder that happened decades ago is neither fair nor just,” Jordan’s attorneys wrote per Billboard.

Jordan was arrested and charged with the long-unsolved murder of Jam Master Jay (real name Jason Mizell) in August 2020 alongside another suspect, Ronald Washington. Prosecutors believe the two men are responsible for fatally shooting the DJ/producer in his Jamaica, Queens studio on October 30, 2002 over a cocaine deal gone bad.
However, in Monday’s motion, Jordan argued the government had collected evidence against Washington as early as 2008 and willingly waited years before filing charges over Jam Master Jay’s murder.
“This is not a cold case where the government has just identified the perpetrator of an old crime,” his lawyers added. “Instead, this is an instance where the government unfairly delayed the timing of its charging decision in a reckless disregard for Mr. Jordan’s rights.”

Elsewhere in the motion, Jordan requested his case be made separate from Washington’s, arguing that statements he made about the shooting might be used against Jordan in the trial. Both men have pleaded not guilty and will not receive the death penalty if convicted.
In February, Jordan said there are two people who can testify he was at his pregnant ex-girlfriend’s house at the time of Jam Master Jay’s murder. But prosectors also have two co-conspirators who allegedly helped Jordan and Washington plan the murder ready to testify in court against the co-defendants.
After initially being set for September, a trial will get underway in February 2023.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

The man accused of killing Run-DMC legend Jam Master Jay almost 20 years ago is demanding the murder charges be dropped, claiming the government violated his constitutional right to due process by dragging their feet in the case.

In a motion filed in New York federal court on Monday (April 11), Karl Jordan, Jr. argued the almost two decade-long delay in “hauling him to court” has left him unable to properly defend himself against the charges. He points to cell phone records that would support his alibi no longer being available.
“Karl Jordan, Jr. has due process rights that must be respected and enforced and hauling him into court and forcing him to defend himself against a murder that happened decades ago is neither fair nor just,” Jordan’s attorneys wrote per Billboard.

Jordan was arrested and charged with the long-unsolved murder of Jam Master Jay (real name Jason Mizell) in August 2020 alongside another suspect, Ronald Washington. Prosecutors believe the two men are responsible for fatally shooting the DJ/producer in his Jamaica, Queens studio on October 30, 2002 over a cocaine deal gone bad.
However, in Monday’s motion, Jordan argued the government had collected evidence against Washington as early as 2008 and willingly waited years before filing charges over Jam Master Jay’s murder.
“This is not a cold case where the government has just identified the perpetrator of an old crime,” his lawyers added. “Instead, this is an instance where the government unfairly delayed the timing of its charging decision in a reckless disregard for Mr. Jordan’s rights.”

Elsewhere in the motion, Jordan requested his case be made separate from Washington’s, arguing that statements he made about the shooting might be used against Jordan in the trial. Both men have pleaded not guilty and will not receive the death penalty if convicted.
In February, Jordan said there are two people who can testify he was at his pregnant ex-girlfriend’s house at the time of Jam Master Jay’s murder. But prosectors also have two co-conspirators who allegedly helped Jordan and Washington plan the murder ready to testify in court against the co-defendants.
After initially being set for September, a trial will get underway in February 2023.

Fuck no, there's no statute of limitations when it comes to murder.

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Laws need to be made tighter. If the dead can’t come back to life, then the killer can’t ever leave jail. Unless it’s in self defense such as a home invasion.