**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Beryl (Maxed at 165 mph | Currently Dissipated). Three Landfalls and Multiple Deaths ****

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Shit they didn't save the affluent areas during Harvey. When they released the water from the reservoirs into Buffalo bayou to stop the major levee wall failures them rich honkeys and politicians got flooded out. Buffalo Bayou runs all thru affluent areas until it gets east of downtown.

If they didn't release the water then everything near and south of I-10 would have been wiped out especially the majority black sections.
Yeah I couldn't remember exactly what people were saying but was like they were trying not to and they were upset or some chit they were gonna get it.

But even when we lost power during the freeze last year for days, certain areas got power turned on first as priority.

Just seems odd to me this time they turned off everyone's power then slowly turning people back on as they check areas. Can't recall that from the past. Can't tell me everywhere had damage. They turned our area off at 5am, wind wasn't even going that bad then. Been thru Ike and Harvey and can't remember them downing everyone

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I couldn't remember exactly what people were saying but was like they were trying not to and they were upset or some chit they were gonna get it.

But even when we lost power during the freeze last year for days, certain areas got power turned on first as priority.

Just seems odd to me this time they turned off everyone's power then slowly turning people back on as they check areas. Can't recall that from the past. Can't tell me everywhere had damage. They turned our area off at 5am, wind wasn't even going that bad then. Been thru Ike and Harvey and can't remember them downing everyone
During ike I rode it out at my mom's house. Them mofos cut the power before that shit came through which was some bullshit.

Harvey was just a long as rain storm that dropped a few tornados so power outages wasn't the issue.

Monday my shit went out in the middle of the storm.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The US is the richest and most powerful country on Earth.

And we have American’s living under 3rd world conditions.

Folks continue to vote for people who do not have their interests in mind and keep them fully distracted on unimportant shit like abortion, migrants, gun control and whatever “Boogeyman of the Week” they can think of.

At some point, folks are gonna get sick and tired of being sick and tired….

images

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I saw some stuff about Centerpoint on a fb post. They were telling linemen to wait and not do work as they were negotiating with outside companies to do the repair work is why they delayed repairing certain areas.

They are under investigation for it now.

Last edited:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
The US is the richest and most powerful country on Earth.

And we have American’s living under 3rd world conditions.

Folks continue to vote for people who do not have their interests in mind and keep them fully distracted on unimportant shit like abortion, migrants, gun control and whatever “Boogeyman of the Week” they can think of.

At some point, folks are gonna get sick and tired of being sick and tired….

images
Yep

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I saw some stuff about Centerpoint on a fb post. They were telling linemen to wait and not do work as they were negotiating with outside companies to do the repair work is why they delayed repairing certain areas.

They are under investigation for it now.

Centerpoint is liable, but the state of Texas is also liable in this. This ain’t the first time this company did this bullshit there is to no regulations from the state.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Centerpoint is liable, but the state of Texas is also liable in this. This ain’t the first time this company did this bullshit there is to no regulations from the state.
I just feel like a lot of palms getting greased one way or the other at the expense of 2m+ people's health and pockets

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
my aunt in Jacksonville spent $12k on her backup generator.
i seen that shit work in real time during a storm,......lights blinked for a split second before it kicked in.
she was able to keep cookin and we were able to keep watchin the game like aint shit happened.
the rest of the block was in total darkness.
Im tellin you

That shit is a must have for homeowners

Imagine sellin that house and you tell them it has a back up gen….shiiiiiiiiiit

easy_b

BGOL Investor
This is one of 1000 reasons why Texas should never be independent from the United States. Mexico would have a good old time with Texas if United States was to leave it alone.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im tellin you

That shit is a must have for homeowners

Imagine sellin that house and you tell them it has a back up gen….shiiiiiiiiiit
i dont think they gonna sell it anytime soon.....they've been there for about 16 years now. plus they got a nice lake in the back.
they had the generator installed behind that row of bushes thats on the left. they didnt wanna just have it sittin out like a sore thumb.
so those bushes actually mask it and make it almost hard to see......still gives it like a normal look tho.
that was the best place to have it since the natural gas line runs quite close to where its at.
MEUM5K6_o.jpg

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Better get a generator

Thinking about getting this. Real good reviews & #1 on Amazon for generators.

Westinghouse 12500 Watt Dual Fuel Home Backup Portable Generator, Remote Electric Start, Transfer Switch Ready,

Someone on twitter told me they have this & he got an electrician to install an interlock kit for it. Cheaper option than a generac.

Last edited:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Better get a generator

Westinghouse 12500 Watt Dual Fuel Home Backup Portable Generator, Remote Electric Start, Transfer Switch Ready,

Someone on twitter told me they have this & he got an electrician to install an interlock kit for it. Cheaper option than a generac.
What do you guys think of the solar generators?

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor

Yes, my friend got the same one a month before the storm, I think after the tornado storm

Said it ran 12h on 5gal , that’s not bad

I’d try to find a way to make it take more fuel

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Better get a generator
Bruh, cats are scrambling everywhere here trying to get their hands on generators.
Lowe's had pallets of them joints out on the floor.
Most of these cats got no idea how to even make it work and probably gonna result in more deaths from people fucking around with them portable generators.
I got a Generac whole-home generator last year and even though I didn't need it during this storm since our power stayed on its a mental relief to know I got it just in case.

easy_b

BGOL Investor

I am going to beat this to death, but the state government of Texas is really dropped the ball and left Houston hanging out there. And as I stated the other day, this is why if ever was to go independent from United States it will be a hell hole immediately…. Oh, in Mexico may try to take it back.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Just got this text

Channel 13 just stated the website for FEMA assistance is available at www.disasterassistance.gov

If the power stays out and you lose all of your food, file a FEMA Claim for $750.

*Note: You must say or use these exact words: "I HAVE A SERIOUS FOOD NEED"

800-621-3362. FEMA FOOD ALLOWANCE. Please give out this information I know a lot of people, will have food lost. They will assist with hotel stay also.

UPDATE: Someone told me they spoke to someone at FEMA from this number and was told they will take their info but there hasn't been declared a disaster yet so there's no immediate assistance at the moment.

Last edited:

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

Just fucking WOW!

As I felt. I've never seen a response time like this after any of the outages I've been through.

I'm still in shock this isn't declared an emergency or disaster. FEMA don't even recognize this yet.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Just got this text

Channel 13 just stated the website for FEMA assistance is available at www.disasterassistance.gov

If the power stays out and you lose all of your food, file a FEMA Claim for $750.

*Note: You must say or use these exact words: "I HAVE A SERIOUS FOOD NEED"

800-621-3362. FEMA FOOD ALLOWANCE. Please give out this information I know a lot of people, will have food lost. They will assist with hotel stay also.

UPDATE: Someone told me they spoke to someone at FEMA from this number and was told they will take their info but there hasn't been declared a disaster yet so there's no immediate assistance at the moment.
I spoke to FEMA, they have finally declared it as a disaster