**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Beryl (Maxed at 165 mph | Currently Dissipated). Three Landfalls and Multiple Deaths ****

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Them hours sitting in the house ain't fun during a full blown cane, the house shakes like its about to break off the foundation and windows and doors feel like they getting beat on.

Hurricane Ike in 2008 was the same way.
That is a scary part of a hurricane shit hitting your house windows breaking shit coming through your roof and there’s really nothing you could do but sit there and take it

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Them hours sitting in the house ain't fun during a full blown cane, the house shakes like its about to break off the foundation and windows and doors feel like they getting beat on.

That says a lot to draw comparisons to Ike.

I remember when Hurricane Isaac hit Louisiana and it was a cat 1. Folks down played it until it because a slow mover like Harvey.

easy_b

BGOL Investor

I remember when Hurricane Isaac hit Louisiana and it was a cat 1. Folks down played it until it because a slow mover like Harvey.
The slow moving wet hurricanes are the most dangerous as you’ve seen with Harvey especially if you are in an area that’s at or below sea level, you basically going to fucking drown if you can’t swim.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor

Is that I-10 or 288?

I'm over off shepherd and it looks like nothing happened over here but there's still a lot of us without power.

I drove up north yesterday to kingwood and it looks like a fckn war zone up there.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is that I-10 or 288?

I'm over off shepherd and it looks like nothing happened over here but there's still a lot of us without power.

I drove up north yesterday to kingwood and it looks like a fckn war zone up there.
That's 288 and 610, that shit is a bowl and set up to flood to keep all the water out of the medical center.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
That's 288 and 610, that shit is a bowl and set up to flood to keep all the water out of the medical center.
Yep, that’s really nothing but a huge retention pond. Also, it sits very low so there is really so much you could do with this situation.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

I've been through Ike. I had no damage from it. The eye passed directly over us. 2am in the morning was when, I know because many of us, neighbors all outside and the night was bright as day. Saw the sun at 2am, then within an hour the storm started back up.

Yes the wind and house shaking, noises are wild. I'm more afraid of something in the wind being picked up and tossed at the house than the wind at times.

But this storm the gusts at the end did more damage than all the previous hurricanes I've been in.

Still have a few friends without power.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
lol. How was it? Northern part of the island was spared from the worst of it.
Tuesday the country enacted a curfew to get everyone off the streets before landfall. They shut down the airport and all businesses.

Beryl passed 45 miles south of the island, so we got the remnants of her high winds.
It started around 2 am Wednesday and was tapped out around 6 pm. The outer banks were hit the hardest, with the southern coast catching most of it. I was in Ocho Rios on the north coast.

Them winds sounded like a European broad singing them weird ass fantasy movie chants that they be doing. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

Jamaica got those flimsy ass happy tropical trees, so they was snapped up all over the place. There wasn't much structural damage nor much flooding. Jamaicans had that shit cut up and cleared by 9 am Thursday morning :lol:

I heard of two deaths, a tree fell on a woman's house with her inside, and some kids were playing futball when they ball went into the ocean. One of them went after it and got swept to sea. Why would they be playing futball during a hurricane you ask?

Cause the Jamaicans dont givva fuck. They ignored the curfew, were up and down the streets on motorcycles, were grilling and playing music. Im surprised the death toll wasn't in the hundreds.

The trees took down power lines all over the country. 60% of residents had no power, and theres only one power company. The airports and resorts were on backup power. MBJ opened up at 6 pm on Thursday and flights were back to normal by Saturday.

easy_b

BGOL Investor

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Tuesday the country enacted a curfew to get everyone off the streets before landfall. They shut down the airport and all businesses.

Beryl passed 45 miles south of the island, so we got the remnants of her high winds.
It started around 2 am Wednesday and was tapped out around 6 pm. The outer banks were hit the hardest, with the southern coast catching most of it. I was in Ocho Rios on the north coast.

Them winds sounded like a European broad singing them weird ass fantasy movie chants that they be doing. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

Jamaica got those flimsy ass happy tropical trees, so they was snapped up all over the place. There wasn't much structural damage nor much flooding. Jamaicans had that shit cut up and cleared by 9 am Thursday morning :lol:

I heard of two deaths, a tree fell on a woman's house with her inside, and some kids were playing futball when they ball went into the ocean. One of them went after it and got swept to sea. Why would they be playing futball during a hurricane you ask?

Cause the Jamaicans dont givva fuck. They ignored the curfew, were up and down the streets on motorcycles, were grilling and playing music. Im surprised the death toll wasn't in the hundreds.

The trees took down power lines all over the country. 60% of residents had no power, and theres only one power company. The airports and resorts were on backup power. MBJ opened up at 6 pm on Thursday and flights were back to normal by Saturday.

Wow. Thanks for that information.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Wow. Thanks for that information.
So prior to Tuesday the path was expected to go directly over Jamaica. I told my wife I hope it isn't that bad when this loud mouth drunk white lady jumped in.

Bitch went on and on about the rampant destruction, chaos and collapse of human society we were about to experience.

i looked up to heaven and silently said: Lord, I know this is a selfish prayer, but please let the hurricane miss the island just to prove this miserable bitch wrong.

The path changed and went 45 miles south of Jamaica. :lol:

she was on the bus with us to the airport. I said wasn't too bad, was it? She said no it wasn't and ain't said shit else the whole hour and a half drive. :lol:

Now I ain't claiming it was MY prayer that did it, but I love the Lord, he heard my cry! :lol:

spider705

BGOL Investor
I had passed by my job Monday I think it was... took 610 straight across to McCarty and didn't have any issues.

Decided to take i-10 back and that's when shit got crazy. Just past the 59 interchange right where St Arnold Brewery is there was standing water on the freeway. I had to drive on the shoulder near the barricade on the left just to get by. When we got to 45 by UHD the freeway was completely closed and we were diverted onto 45 south.

We exited Allen Parkway, hooked a left, then another left which put us on Washington Ave. Took that straight home, no problem.

When I turned onto TC Jester from Washington and we passed over i-10 we could see standing water both ways from 45 to 610 past the beer warehouse on the right. It looked like a lake. That's when I realized it may be worse than what I thought.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Had to get gas and groceries yesterday because I was at mom's house after her power came on. Heb on Westheimer and Kirkwood had a long ass line at the gas station, but inside the store was cool.

Hit a bigger gas station down the street, they had long lines, but my tank us on the passenger side so I got behind a Benz. Get out use my card then hit the pump for 93. The fucking premium was out.

So I hit some backstreets and hit a small hood gas station by some apartments I used to live in. Had a few cars waiting, dude was in a truck with a smoker selling bbq, niccas outside selling weed. Made it to the pump and pay at the pump was out, went inside and ask the owner "mike" did they have 93. He said they had it so I finally got filled up.

Today it's still crazy lines at the gas stations.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Cooling Centers and Food Distribution posted by Comcast/Xfinity for those that need it

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm in Mo City too. I'm in a older subdivision, luckily the city or the hoa didn't do anything when I got rid of mine.
Damn another Mo City resident - that's hard!

Ike was a fool... I remember the strong wind kicking off about 7/8 and going on until early morning... A lot of wind damage and a power outage for a week, while my neighbors directly across the street has power the next day

spider705

BGOL Investor
Had to get gas and groceries yesterday because I was at mom's house after her power came on. Heb on Westheimer and Kirkwood had a long ass line at the gas station, but inside the store was cool.

Hit a bigger gas station down the street, they had long lines, but my tank us on the passenger side so I got behind a Benz. Get out use my card then hit the pump for 93. The fucking premium was out.

So I hit some backstreets and hit a small hood gas station by some apartments I used to live in. Had a few cars waiting, dude was in a truck with a smoker selling bbq, niccas outside selling weed. Made it to the pump and pay at the pump was out, went inside and ask the owner "mike" did they have 93. He said they had it so I finally got filled up.

Today it's still crazy lines at the gas stations.
My boy told me over by kirby area there was plenty gas and no lines.

Over here off i-10 the lines aren't too bad. Most everyone got out and got their gas yesterday it looks like. I filled up Sunday night and I'm still at half a tank, and that's with us sitting in the car for hours at a time getting AC and charging our devices.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
At some point in the near future, folks in Texas are gonna get their head out of their Ass and elect people who will actually do something to prevent shit like this….

Millions of Texans face third day without power in summer heat

Power companies and Texas officials say restoration efforts could take days. Experts say Texans without electricity are facing a dangerous situation.

BY POOJA SALHOTRA, EMILY FOXHALL AND ALEJANDRA MARTINEZ
JULY 9, 2024
UPDATED: JULY 10, 2024

0710%20CenterPoint%20Hurricane%20JB%20026.jpg

Electrical workers gather supplies early Wednesday morning to provide support to people experiencing major power outages after Hurricane Beryl in Houston.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
At some point in the near future, folks in Texas are gonna get their head out of their Ass and elect people who will actually do something to prevent shit like this….
I can't count how many times I've been through similar situations in the past. None have been like this, meaning...
I've never seen them shut down everyone then selectively turn people back up as they assess areas. Like they preemptively shut down all areas. Turn back on what they deem important like certain plants, ports and affluent areas.

I just don't know if it's the elected officials to blame or Centerpoint.

I just remember when we flooded during Harvey they saved affluent areas and other areas where politicians reside, they got power and water first.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
I can't count how many times I've been through similar situations in the past. None have been like this, meaning...
I've never seen them shut down everyone then selectively turn people back up as they assess areas. Like they preemptively shut down all areas. Turn back on what they deem important like certain plants, ports and affluent areas.

I just remember when we flooded during Harvey they saved affluent areas and other areas where politicians reside, they got power and water first.
And this is just really the beginning of hurricane season they could get hit again very easily in this climate this year

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Is that I-10 or 288?

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor

I’m sick of these idiots, they tell you to fill up and stock supplies

I stay buyin cases of water everytime I’m at Sam’s 6-12 each visit, I get some for my mom also

Standby gen been installed, I got 2 gas generators, small and midsize, I use them for fishing and campin

I keep gas, buy staybil for it, last up to a yr with no water in it

And I keep gas at my moms,

Had the ac guy come check my shit and he was out lookin for gas, I paid that nigga with 5gal of gas lol, when I should have paid 100 for the visit lol

This yr I didn’t go out and tow mfs out, I chilled in the ac

Niggas go on the trips and big bday parties but be sweatin and cryin when the storms hit lol

We be ice cold

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Millions of Texans face third day without power in summer heat

Power companies and Texas officials say restoration efforts could take days. Experts say Texans without electricity are facing a dangerous situation.

BY POOJA SALHOTRA, EMILY FOXHALL AND ALEJANDRA MARTINEZ
JULY 9, 2024
UPDATED: JULY 10, 2024

0710%20CenterPoint%20Hurricane%20JB%20026.jpg

Electrical workers gather supplies early Wednesday morning to provide support to people experiencing major power outages after Hurricane Beryl in Houston.

Hurricanes with major wind danage are a different story, after Ike the city was dark and power was out for weeks to a month for some folks.

The biggest mistake that can't be fixed is that the power lines should have been ran under ground for a gulf coast city with huge tree coverage.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Shit they didn't save the affluent areas during Harvey. When they released the water from the reservoirs into Buffalo bayou to stop the major levee wall failures them rich honkeys and politicians got flooded out. Buffalo Bayou runs all thru affluent areas until it gets east of downtown.

If they didn't release the water then everything near and south of I-10 would have been wiped out especially the majority black sections.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

As many of you have seen, it’s been rough in Houston after the storm. I want you to understand how folks on the ground are feeling. Frankly, so many people are hurting. At this food distribution site, I met a grandma whose fresh meat spoiled and couldn’t afford more food, a dad terrified of what the heat’s going to do to his infant at home, and young folks going around in their parents’ cars looking for gasoline because many stations are out. I met person after person with no cell service, unable to get updates or reach their friends and family. The worst part is that there’s no clear timetable for when any of this will be resolved, leaving people outraged.

People are sick of this. Over and over, when natural disasters rip through Houston, our power fails and leaves people helpless. Mind you, we went through this just a few weeks ago, and now, with the nature of how things are, we expect to be dealing with this again.

So, I echo everyone in the community: this is unsustainable, we can’t keep living like this.

However, in these extraordinary times, I am proud of the line workers who are doing everything they can to fix things, the ordinary folks stepping in to care for neighbors, and the friends checking in on each other. That’s the Houston I know: despite every obstacle, we always find ways to step up for each other when things get tough.

Through it all, we must keep moving, together, to get out of this. We're going to get through this.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Hurricanes with major wind danage are a different story, after Ike the city was dark and power was out for weeks to a month for some folks.

The biggest mistake that can't be fixed is that the power lines should have been ran under ground for a gulf coast city with huge tree coverage.
The state government of Texas failed Houston. I know this never going to happen, but if Texas was to be independent from the states Black people and Democrats and just plain regular people would be in deep shit right now.