2024 Severe Weather/Climate Change Thread

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
The things Al Gore and scientist was talking about in the 90s and before the 90s is coming through and it’s coming through quicker than predicted. The next 10 years is going to be a huge transitional point on earth we are going to swim or sink.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

75256819-12500243-A_heat_map_of_the_area_taken_on_September_9-a-38_1694309066440.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Climate Change Will Force a New American Migration​

Wildfires rage in the West. Hurricanes batter the East. Droughts and floods wreak damage throughout the nation. Life has become increasingly untenable in the hardest-hit areas, but if the people there move, where will everyone go?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My response to most of these post is a sad face because it seems like there's just so little concern for this among average citizens. In there defense, its difficult to care when our political leadership is all bought and paid for by the people who facilitate and profit most from the collective actions that cause such extensive environmental damage. :(

easy_b

BGOL Investor
My response to most of these post is a sad face because it seems like there's just so little concern for this among average citizens. In there defense, its difficult to care when our political leadership is all bought and paid for by the people who facilitate and profit most from the collective actions that cause such extensive environmental damage. :(
No, you should say Republicans don’t think shit is going on with the weather. I know I am beating dead horse, but Al Gore and weather scientist said this shit was going to happen 30 or 40 years ago. And we are well beyond the tipping point.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The people profiting most from industries destroying the environment on a massive scale of course lean republican. That's the party that gives them the most denial cover and protection. I don't understand why common citizens continue to back them in spite of it. We only got one Earth and there are no other alternatives. Perhaps its human nature not to react to something so large until its too late. :confused:

No, you should say Republicans don’t think shit is going on with the weather. I know I am beating dead horse, but Al Gore and weather scientist said this shit was going to happen 30 or 40 years ago. And we are well beyond the tipping point.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘Climate Gentrification’ Will Displace One Million People in Miami Alone

In Miami-Dade, many minority neighborhoods with lower income levels sit higher than rich beachfront areas. Miami’s famous Little Haiti neighborhood, which is 10 feet above sea level and where nearly half the residents live below the poverty line, has experienced a recent surge in development and property values, raising concerns about displacement.

By Minho Kim, E&E News
October 17, 2023

59E08F3D-BE10-45D6-BA4900976CBF41E6_source.jpg

A cyclist pedals through a flooded street as several inches of rain fall in South Florida, causing widespread flooding through the streets of Miami's Little Haiti, near the Little Haiti Cultural Complex, on Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015. Rising sea levels could lead to "climate gentrification" in the Miami area, a new study says.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
This shit is already happening
‘Climate Gentrification’ Will Displace One Million People in Miami Alone

In Miami-Dade, many minority neighborhoods with lower income levels sit higher than rich beachfront areas. Miami’s famous Little Haiti neighborhood, which is 10 feet above sea level and where nearly half the residents live below the poverty line, has experienced a recent surge in development and property values, raising concerns about displacement.

By Minho Kim, E&E News
October 17, 2023

59E08F3D-BE10-45D6-BA4900976CBF41E6_source.jpg

A cyclist pedals through a flooded street as several inches of rain fall in South Florida, causing widespread flooding through the streets of Miami's Little Haiti, near the Little Haiti Cultural Complex, on Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015. Rising sea levels could lead to "climate gentrification" in the Miami area, a new study says.
This shit is already happening. The black areas of Miami is the Highest land in south Florida above sea level. They are gentrifying those areas very hard right now.