2024 Severe Weather/Climate Change Thread

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I don't know wtf is going on. But are the weather people trolling right now? I never remember them getting weather so fucking wrong in my life. If I had a tin foil hat, I'd put that shit on right now because they get so much shit wrong it seems purposeful these days.

:D "Sunny with no rain"

Wake up to a fucking tornado warning in August.

Sleeping and have to jump out of bed because it sounds like Thor started throwing lightening at the house and making the loudest thunder.

:D"90 percent chance of rain"

Dry as a skeleton's pussy all fucking day. Not one drop of rain. Sun bright as shit.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

Too HOT and HUMID to Live: Extreme Wet Bulb Events Are on the Rise​

This is true some places humans may not be able to go outside doing the middle of the day because it’s so damn hot. The shit they was talking about in disaster movies is happening right now in real life.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
We are causing climate change, but something that happened last year is making things worse quickly.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Drought affecting Panama Canal threatens 40% of world's cargo ship traffic​

A severe drought is threatening shipping on the vital Panama Canal, which is responsible for moving 40% of the world's cargo ship traffic. About two-thirds of the canal's traffic is either headed for — or leaving — the United States.

easy_b

BGOL Investor

Drought affecting Panama Canal threatens 40% of world's cargo ship traffic​

A severe drought is threatening shipping on the vital Panama Canal, which is responsible for moving 40% of the world's cargo ship traffic. About two-thirds of the canal's traffic is either headed for — or leaving — the United States.

This could be a problem no let me rephrase that…..this is a problem

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Think how it will be next year :smh:
Scientist and Al Gore was speaking about this shit in the 90s and 80s. They was 100% correct…. The only thing that was off on was the timing because some of this shit didn’t supposed to happen until 2050 or 2060.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't know wtf is going on. But are the weather people trolling right now? I never remember them getting weather so fucking wrong in my life. If I had a tin foil hat, I'd put that shit on right now because they get so much shit wrong it seems purposeful these days.

Wake up to a fucking tornado warning in August.

Sleeping and have to jump out of bed because it sounds like Thor started throwing lightening at the house and making the loudest thunder.

:D"90 percent chance of rain"

Dry as a skeleton's pussy all fucking day. Not one drop of rain. Sun bright as shit.

I feel you. The struggle to predict convective summer thunderstorms was extremely complicated this summer.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I feel you. The struggle to predict convective summer thunderstorms was extremely complicated this summer.
What made it so different this summer?

Because they say 24/48 hour forecasts supposed to be highly reliable, but they have been shit it seems. Got rained on again when there wasn't supposed to be any rain as close as that morning.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What made it so different this summer?

Because they say 24/48 hour forecasts supposed to be highly reliable, but they have been shit it seems. Got rained on again when there wasn't supposed to be any rain as close as that morning.

Summer convective storms are usually not associated with cold fronts. Our predictions models do well with storms associated with cold fronts because they are influenced by the larger scale jet stream. However, convective storms (popcorn storms, heat storms, pulsating storms) are not associated with cold fronts. They’re is no large scale jet stream that will push the storms along. They’ll pop up, appear for about 10 to 20 minutes, then die out. Plus, they are mesoscale or micro scale storms, so forecast models have a hard time picking up storms that small.

So it’s extremely easy to miss forecast with these storms. Meteorologist get most of their information from those models.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Summer convective storms are usually not associated with cold fronts. Our predictions models do well with storms associated with cold fronts because they are influenced by the larger scale jet stream. However, convective storms (popcorn storms, heat storms, pulsating storms) are not associated with cold fronts. They’re is no large scale jet stream that will push the storms along. They’ll pop up, appear for about 10 to 20 minutes, then die out. Plus, they are mesoscale or micro scale storms, so forecast models have a hard time picking up storms that small.

So it’s extremely easy to miss forecast with these storms. Meteorologist get most of their information from those models.
You are telling the truth. The models have been all over the place when it comes to predicting weather on the State side. The euro model has been very accurate with tropical system for the last few years. That’s the only thing that has been stable.