AGREE/DISAGREE: Mary J. Blige - No Female Friends For My Husband

Should married people have FRIENDS of the opposite sex?

• Total voters

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you're mate's going to fuck around, they're do it whether they have opposite sex friends or not. No insecurity helping rules are going to prevent that. That being said, I support Mary on this. If it'll stop her from making another "man done me wrong" anthem, then I'm all for it!

:lol::lol::lol:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On the fence with this one....

But what do I know :dunno: I ain't had no serious meaningful relationships

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
The point is you minimize risk when and where you can. And its not just about the woman cheating. Its about the man cheating and also the third party being in a position to violate boundaries.

Ive removed myself from many environments where in knew temptation and the potential to make poor decisions existed. Acknowledging that as fact and adjusting accordingly isnt about living in fear. Its accepting certain realities of life and adulthood and acting accordingly.

The whole "they gonna do what they gonna do" mentality is simplistic and naive. And i doubt most people with shit to lose respond that way.

You're talking about taking yourself out of poor situations and that's appropriate.
I push back on the idea that you can then make that decision for your spouse with a blanket ban. Why not trust them to make that same call for themselves?

I'm sure many people don't think my way but my shit works, not just for me, it works.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
You're talking about taking yourself out of poor situations and that's appropriate.
I push back on the idea that you can then make that decision for your spouse with a blanket ban. Why not trust them to make that same call for themselves?

I'm sure many people don't think my way but my shit works, not just for me, it works.

It does work. Trust in the other is so foreign in today's age people have no clue how or why...

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Avoiding potential conflict is engaging in theater? :confused:

The way it's being presented here? Yes. Sheer theater.

And what does meeting and being around opposite sex have to do with hanging out alone with the opposite sex? Dont confuse the two. No one is saying she cant have any contact with the opposite sex. The spirit of the discussion is about being/hanging out with friends of the opposite sex alone.

The words used were "she/he can't have any male/female friends". Your opposite sex friends should fall back just like your same sex friends.
If the point is to "protect" them from temptation, why let them go anywhere, anytime without you present?

And why do you clowns keep using "insecure" as a pejorative? Isnt that what a relationship is about? Companionship and security? So why is it a negative to want to maximize both?

Because it is. It's a sign of weakness and a lack of trust.

I don't give a damn who says what to my wife, I trust and expect her to do the right thing and vice versa.
You can't maximize that. It is what it is.
I saw someone posted a pic of the Christies on the first page. Doug doesn't cheat because his crazy wife is with him all the time, he doesn't cheat (to my knowledge) because he doesnt' want to and doesn't allow himself to be in position where he might be tempted.

Exactly. If someone else crosses a line in your relationship the person who it was crossed TO... needs to address it and put it in kaputs.

If my manfriend has a lady friend approach him and he knows he's not supposed to dally off with her then he's supposed to tell her thanks but no.

Same with me. It's not "nature". Sometimes it really feels like you got dudes, who think just because a vagina is there you just can't say no to it. Like ohnoez i'm powerlessssssss!!!

It's like people think you have no control over yourself and yet you want to be considered reasoned human beings. You want to be trusted with things.

I don't believe that. No. You're a grown up. Keep your dick in your pants.

Nature doesn't rule you. You're a reasoning being. You know the difference between right and wrong in how it is perceived in your relationship.

When you got together in your relationship there were rules decided and conduct unbecoming was set.

And trust isn't a small part to us. Trust is a very big part to us. Most people don't trust their partners. And when dumb shit pops off they're like already 1 foot out the door anyway.

That's how it works now.

Again. i'm not saying everyone should do it 1 way or another way. As a matter of fact i think most people just don't have it in them to abide by certain rules of a relationship.

But it still comes from A place of "I don't have this" So let me try to have this this and that to try to keep it.

:yes:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

If that works for you then fine. Im not debating that you must have that policy in place. Im saying the policy makes sense and serves a purpose. My issue is with those who thumb their nose at it and deem those who find worth in it as "insecure". Thats myopic bullshit.

I will tell you this from a ton of experience and observation. I have seen more infidelities and issues arise from the relationships that dont have limitations on those interactions.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
If that works for you then fine. Im not debating that you must have that policy in place. Im saying the policy makes sense and serves a purpose. My issue is with those who thumb their nose at it and deem those who find worth in it as "insecure". Thats myopic bullshit.

I will tell you this from a ton of experience and observation. I have seen more infidelities and issues arise from the relationships that dont have limitations on those interactions.

I'm not against limitations at all. But they should come naturally. If you're in a healthy relationship, spouses should have a bunch of time to be hanging out and chatting up people on the phone or whatever.
It's the arbitrariness that I disagree with.

stick.man

Potential Star
Registered
I dont understand the appeal of female friends, generally most women arent funny, dont watch sports, and arent fun to be around. Women dont even like hanging out with women why would I?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The way it's being presented here? Yes. Sheer theater.
Based on what exactly? You use of the term is sheer theater itself.

The words used were "she/he can't have any male/female friends". Your opposite sex friends should fall back just like your same sex friends.
If the point is to "protect" them from temptation, why let them go anywhere, anytime without you present?
Why should the opposite sex friends fall back when they have no responsibility or accountability to the couple? And if you dont see a clear distinction between one on one male and female interaction and just being out anywhere at anytime, then you are either dishonest or a moron.

Because it is. It's a sign of weakness and a lack of trust.
I thought similarly once upon a time. And then i grew up. Once you are married i think some things need to left behind. Not saying it should apply to all or that it has to apply in order for a relationship to succeed. But i definitely see the value and reasoning behind it.

I don't give a damn who says what to my wife, I trust and expect her to do the right thing and vice versa.
Everyone does. Even the guys who wives are getting fucked by their friends. :yes:

You can't maximize that. It is what it is.
You can absolutely minimize risk and remove yourself from potentially tempting environments. I do it all the time.

The funny thing is you admit to having a social hermit of a wife yet you speak as if you have a social butterfly who you trust to freely roam and hangout with male friends on a one on one basis. Im not sure you can really speak on this from anything other than a theoretical perspective. Which is probably why your responses continue to harp on buzzwords like "insecure" and not on anything substantive.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Ok dave, you don't have to convince us. If you like to see your girl with other men thats cool. We don't judge.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The female friends that I have prior to being married yes, but any new friends nope. It don't bother me ANyways. At this point what's the advantage to having a female friend if your already mArried? Not to say I don't talk to female coworkers, but I'm not calling/hanging out them outside of work unless it's a group thing (drinks) or the holiday party

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
This question supports my point and validates MJB's suspicions on the matter. If these relationships are used to foster a plan B then your marriage is a failure waiting to happen. Further, those type of relationships tend to serve as compensation for whats lacking at home. And as a result they are easily turned into something more harmful in the event things begin to go south at home. Instead of working on things at the homefront, you tend to use that friend as a shoulder to cry on, ear to whisper in, and that will soon turn into a pussy to fuck or dick to suck.

But to answer your question... Turn to for what?? Why would i need someone to turn to as a grown man of means? I would collect my thoughts and emotions and go on with life.

Marriage fails three times often as it works. How you NOT have a plan b?

Every man needs women in their lives to function right. Female wives, lovers, friends or all of the above are needed to be a complete person. If your wife leaves you need to have thoughs women in place, not scrambling to meet new ones.

Wedding vows ought to include a clause where wives and husbands don't act like power mad controlling assholes the moment that there's dire consequences for fucking around. Unfortunately that will never happen. So in the meantime it's good to show her that she can be easily replaced

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
nigga im more likely to skip over the friend and fuck a random bitch so to me this shit is so stupid...................

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
What straighr dude had female friends that he hasn't smashed, wanted to smash or would smash. I aint trusting no dude to be friends with my wife and I would respect her wishes if she felt the same.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
:lol::lol:

It's not nature, it's immaturity.
If you can't be friends with someone of the opposite sex, something is wrong with you.

Bro you sound stupid. What do friends do? They hang out or talk a lot. If you are in a relationship, why in the fuck would you be hanging out or talking to someone of the opposite sex that isnt a relative? Fuck outta here. My bitch can't have no nigga friends...AT ALL.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
What straighr dude had female friends that he hasn't smashed, wanted to smash or would smash. I aint trusting no dude to be friends with my wife and I would respect her wishes if she felt the same.

So in other words you're not going stop messing with all the bitches you smash, want to smash, or would smash until your wife says so?

I could picture you caught up with two random chicks butt naked in your martial bed like ' if you tell me to stop I'll respect it.'

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
I dont understand the appeal of female friends, generally most women arent funny, dont watch sports, and arent fun to be around. Women dont even like hanging out with women why would I?

Unless you trying to fuck.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
So in other words you're not going stop messing with all the bitches you smash, want to smash, or would smash until your wife says so?

I could picture you caught up with two random chicks butt naked in your martial bed like ' if you tell me to stop I'll respect it.'

I been married for eight years. When I got engaged noticed my female friends throwing shade either at my fiancé or me getting married. Although we aint never fuck being honest a knew feelings were involved and slowly deaded those friendships. Maybe I am in the minority and some of yall can have legit platonic friendships with females. Being honest I cant and in my experience they dont work.

Powerforwardofthesquad

Rising Star
Registered
Add "Single" friend of the opposite sex and I would have to agree somewhat. I'm not married but the old saying goes, "A shoulder to cry on becomes a dick to ride on". I've seen that more failures involving married folks having single attractive "friends" than I have seen successful platonic relationships with single and married folks of opposite sexes.

Never heard it put that way, but this old head I used to hang around, would be trying to catch a chick when she grieving and shit. Some 'ole take advantage when she vulnerable type shit. I was always like, naw, that's not me, but that shit happens...a lot.

freakwolf

Star
Registered
Prince made a song "if I was your girlfriend". The song was deep. He was wanting to be this chick's girlfriend because as all men know that a woman will tell her friend things that she won't share with her man. Like it or not, that's how they are. It may be a sister, a mother, or a friend.
Been married for a while and Mary is right. You could share secrets with friend that you don't share with your spouse. That one thing could give your friend an upper hand. Imagine I'd that friend were a man. While your sitting at a table laughing with each other, that friend is thinking about that secret the spouse had no idea anyone outside the marriage knows. I'm not saying don't have friends. I'm just saying personal friends of the same sex is the same thing as inviting a vampire into your house. (Folklore days a vampire can't enter a house unless invited in. )

Pipe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I totally agree. I don't see the point in having a female friend. It's like being in a relationship, but never having sex.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wouldnt mind having a chick to chill with that I wasnt smashing. I used to always keep a female friend, they werent ugly either. One of them just got married, her dude dont like her talking to me so I fell back out of respect.

PussyMan

Rising Star
OG Investor
Nice to see an intelligent discussion with divergent viewpoints on BGOL that did not descend into beef and insults.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ys-toned-arms-legs-colorful-workout-gear.html

285D54B800000578-3069762-image-a-74_1430894032426.jpg
285D573200000578-3069762-image-m-77_1430896286252.jpg

285DC21000000578-3069762-image-a-79_1430896315053.jpg
285DBF0700000578-3069762-image-m-80_1430896318146.jpg