Amazon Series: LORD OF THE RINGS TV SERIES (Discussion Thread)

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Just finished the first episode.
I liked it
Give it a shot.
Checked for it earlier today. but all I saw listed on Prime were a bunch of teaser trailers.... gonna watch it now
sidebar: maybe I'll see @shaddyvillethug , when he logs offa here
:lol:

gollum-smeagol.gif

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I don't like how they portray Galadriel. It looks amazing visually, but story wise I'm ambivalent

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ill rewatch the first episode(only saw half of it) next weekend since I'm off. Im not paying attention since I'm drawing and tired ass hell now but need to stay up for a few hours so I won't be tired at work tomorrow afternoon....lol

Ill say this though;the main female character sounds whining to me..
I was messing with my phone but when I put it down and really focused is when I started to like it.
You draw?

Bounty Killah

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
First episode started off well but then it turned into a snooze fest. I fell asleep in the second half. Too much dialog

parisian

International
International Member
Shit is mad boring and contrived to me... Dragged myself to finish the two episodes.. don't think I'll check back for more

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ill rewatch the first episode(only saw half of it) next weekend since I'm off. Im not paying attention since I'm drawing and tired ass hell now but need to stay up for a few hours so I won't be tired at work tomorrow afternoon....lol

Ill say this though;the main female character sounds whining to me..
What were you working on?

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit is mad boring and contrived to me... Dragged myself to finish the two episodes.. don't think I'll check back for more
I'm still trying to sort out how I feel about this. The Hobbit, LOTR, and Middle Earth were my introduction to Fantasy. I've been a fan of most adaptations and games. I had thought this was going to be an adaptation of the Silmarillion but I realize now this is just based on the universe that Tolkien created.

That's good in one sense, because some of the stories in the Silmarillion would really be hard to adapt to modern day audience but without it, I worry about the showrunners using their own agendas to add a lot of extra shit that doesn't fit into Tolkien.

What I like so far
  • The Storfoots - The introduction of hobbits in this age is kinda fuzzy in the source material, but we know they are there since Smeagol ends up with the one ring at some point after the end of the 2nd age. I just hope they are use for more than comic relief and being the "always good" characters they were in the films so far
  • The Dwarfs plus Elves - So far I like Durin and Elrond characters. I think there is a lot of potential in their story and character wise
  • They haven't made it on screen yet, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the story of the Humans from Numenor
Cautiously optimistic about
  • Galadriel's role. I get what they are trying to do here by having a strong female lead. And she definitely was one of the top Elves in terms of power. I hope they don't fuck it up
  • Gil-galad and Celebrimbor - It seems like they are setting these characters up to be the "Powerful but egotistical and dumb" leaders. You see this all the time in modern sci fi and fantasy and it's a tired trope. I hope they do more than follow that trend
Not happy about
  • The whole southlands subplot Arondir, Bronwyn, and Theo. This really feels like some CW, Elfstones of Shanna type shit. This is the most Un tolkien like part of what I've seen so far.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor