Amazon Series: LORD OF THE RINGS TV SERIES (Discussion Thread)

Star

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I finally started watching this, I see more black folks. Is this what cacs were mad about? Lol
In the end after watching, NO.. That was not the problem. The problem is Season one made a mockery of the book/story.
The book/story in The Silmarillion is a synopsis. But the show writers threw the book in the trash and rewrote it from the beginning.

During the second age, Galadriel was relaxing at the elven resort of Lindon ( Kinda Northern Middle Earth )
She was basically not involved at all, Except when Sauron (Sauron was able to shape shift at the time) in his ultra good looking form showed up out of nowhere bearing gifts. Galadriel, Elrond & Cirdan told everyone They did not trust this new elf and everyone should be very careful around this person. Sauron then went to Eregion where he wormed his way into the tradeskilled elves and after a few hundred years of trial & error they made the rings of power.

So, Galadriel nor Elrond were nowhere involved in making the rings. Galadriel was not running around on a manhunt for Sauron.
The writers made a joke of the whole story. Just so they could make Main characters of the two. That people had heard of before.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok, not too many reviews so far.
How is this?
I see it’s three episodes in,
im a big LOTR fan, and didn’t like season one.
really not too interested in season 2. Havent peeped a single episode.

Thanks..l

Last edited:

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
Ok, not too many reviews so far.
How is this?
I see it’s three episodes in,
im a big LOTR fan, and didn’t like season one.
really not too interested in season 2. Havent peeped a single episode.

Thanks..l
I didn’t even realize it has started again until 2 days ago. It’s like all the hype for the show just dried up. I will watch tonight on the back porch, but no reviews is a bad sign.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Somebody just tell me that there is less (or no) Harfoot shenanigans this season.
So far season 2 is much better, not much focus on annoying characters.

My one criticism of this show is if I had not watched couple youtube videos that explained what is going on I would be lost, the show is assuming everyone is familiar with all the back stories of the Tolken world.