Amazon Series: LORD OF THE RINGS TV SERIES (Discussion Thread)

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Episode 6 was great

Hate to say it but the hobbits slow this shit down every time they on the screen
I have to say but I agree with this now. I initially thought it was cool to introduce Hobbits into the earlier age of Tolkien, but the writers and show runners had no plan for them beyond babysitting a wizard.

Best episode of the season didn't have dwarves or hobbits in it. Maybe there's something to that.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Episode 6 was great

Hate to say it but the hobbits slow this shit down every time they on the screen
I have to say but I agree with this now. I initially thought it was cool to introduce Hobbits into the earlier age of Tolkien, but the writers and show runners had no plan for them beyond babysitting a wizard.

Best episode of the season didn't have dwarves or hobbits in it. Maybe there's something to that.
I couldn't agree more. I love seeing the backstory of 2nd age Hobbits still living in the bush. But I hate that our POV character into their society is the Nori character.

She is the living embodiment of, "will you go sit your little ass down and stay out of big folk business." Her whole village burnt for no reason other than her not knowing when to shut the hell up and stay in the bush.

Last edited:

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I like the diversity in the Ring of Powers. Adds a nice element to it.

Plus, I like the conversation it has opened up about how white washed Hollywood have been doing this for over a century. Now, these white folks can’t handle it when their favorite fantasy movie got a negro Queen or a black elf in it.

Everyone ain’t floating around with shining lights behind their blonde hair and blue eyes like some god.

As much as I enjoy Lord of the Rings, I have always felt the characters were EXACTLY how white folks sees themselves. Especially the elves and kings.

aragorn-but-it-is-not-this-day-gif-3.gif

3bjChR.gif
yep
they display them all 'pure and perfect' lol
viggo mortensen (Aragorn) happens to be a fag
Luke evans (bard the bargeman from the hobbit) is also a fag

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I can't wait for the season finale. I hope they can stick the landing and gain more fans next season. I loved this season and I see what they were doing.

Season 1 was all world building. Maybe too much at once for people. I'll admit I fell asleep a few times during the earlier episodes. But I always went back and rewatched them and this has honestly been a great season. It's sad seeing the death of the 2nd age of middle Earth.
  • The Harfoots clearly aren't built for the world that's coming. One of those families must get left behind and eventually discover the Shire and settle down while the rest of the wild Harfoots get eaten or killed in the bush.
  • That "everyone stays on trail" song is going to be the death of them.
  • We need way less Nori next season. Even if that means dropping the Harfoots entirely. In most situations the best thing she could do is go sit in the corner and shut up. That would be best for the whole village, but she refused to do so.
  • The humans are too stupid to survive the coming war. They should have abandoned the Southlands like 3 episodes ago. It never made sense for them to try and fight for the village. Whether they won that night or not, the Orcs could just keep returning until the humans eventually fell. There was no end game there.
  • And the humans lack loyalty and seem ready to throw in with the first 'My Lord' or person with a crown. Most of those people were chanting strength to the king because they don't know his name is Halbart. They are all in to whoever comes along. Like any potential Númenórean soldiers currently taking a nap under a building while buried in plot armor. :rolleyes:
  • Seeing the end of Dwarfs of Khazad-dûmis is sad. Durin's stubbornness to dig in that hole is going to be their end. The King should have exile his son along with the Elrond.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I can't wait for the season finale. I hope they can stick the landing and gain more fans next season. I loved this season and I see what they were doing.

Season 1 was all world building. Maybe too much at once for people. I'll admit I fell asleep a few times during the earlier episodes. But I always went back and rewatched them and this has honestly been a great season. It's sad seeing the death of the 2nd age of middle Earth.
  • The Harfoots clearly aren't built for the world that's coming. One of those families must get left behind and eventually discover the Shire and settle down while the rest of the wild Harfoots get eaten or killed in the bush.
  • That "everyone stays on trail" song is going to be the death of them.
  • We need way less Nori next season. Even if that means dropping the Harfoots entirely. In most situations the best thing she could do is go sit in the corner and shut up. That would be best for the whole village, but she refused to do so.
  • The humans are too stupid to survive the coming war. They should have abandoned the Southlands like 3 episodes ago. It never made sense for them to try and fight for the village. Whether they won that night or not, the Orcs could just keep returning until the humans eventually fell. There was no end game there.
  • And the humans lack loyalty and seem ready to throw in with the first 'My Lord' or person with a crown. Most of those people were chanting strength to the king because they don't know his name is Halbart. They are all in to whoever comes along. Like any potential Númenórean soldiers currently taking a nap under a building while buried in plot armor. :rolleyes:
  • Seeing the end of Dwarfs of Khazad-dûmis is sad. Durin's stubbornness to dig in that hole is going to be their end. The King should have exile his son along with the Elrond.

Yeah, Nori is insufferable. Especially in that last episode where she tried to throw that mysterious battyman wizard off Gandolf’s trail and he set their carriages on fire. Lol

And agree about the humans from the Southland. It was always a no win situation for them. And I never even thought about them not knowing Halbart’s name :lol:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I haven't been a huge fan of everything in the series, but the finale was good.

It's some bullshit the next season doesn't start until 2024 though lol.
ok, they had me for a minute, but it ended up being what I expected in the end.

Great plot twist. I didn’t see any of it coming. I mean, so aspects I figured but Halbrand threw me the fuck off.

Excellent job of them bring this shit all the way back around. The filler episodes wasn’t really needed, but nicely done at the end.

I like the idea of Gandolf and Saroun coming from the same kind.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
what!!?!?!?!

Still, McKay notes they expect to work on season 2 for “another couple years.”

So 2024 at the earliest fam.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Great plot twist. I didn’t see any of it coming. I mean, so aspects I figured but Halbrand threw me the fuck off.

Excellent job of them bring this shit all the way back around. The filler episodes wasn’t really needed, but nicely done at the end.

I like the idea of Gandolf and Saroun coming from the same kind.

People on twitter had already figured out Halbrand when he was standing over Adar and asked him "do you remember me?" after Adar said he didn't fuck with Sauron due to harsh treatment of the Orcs.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
People on twitter had already figured out Halbrand when he was standing over Adar and asked him "do you remember me?" after Adar said he didn't fuck with Sauron due to harsh treatment of the Orcs.

I was guessing but I didn’t assume that at all. I for real thought he was the kind of men.

So what happens to the people that thought he was king? :lol: are they holding Ls?

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I was guessing but I didn’t assume that at all. I for real thought he was the kind of men.

So what happens to the people that thought he was king? :lol: are they holding Ls?

Galadriel is holding the biggest L.

One of the only things I didn't like is her not telling the Elron that Halbrand was Sauron. It didn't make sense for her to hide it.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

One of the only things I didn't like is her not telling the Elron that Halbrand was Sauron. It didn't make sense for her to hide it.

Yeah, that’s was estrogen like behavior. Unnecessary. Had Elron going back to the spot trying to figure out what happened.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor

Yeah, that’s was estrogen like behavior. Unnecessary. Had Elron going back to the spot trying to figure out what happened.

She caught feeling but she hates him too. The last three episodes were dope.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
:lol: This shit deceased. The lore fanatics were willing to give it a chance and they got pissed on. The casuals got bored as fuck. People are done being duped.

Swear Amazon's studio is like a bored housewife wasting her rich husband's money on bullshit business venutres. Amazon online business and AWS can keep supporting all this fail for a long ass time.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This shit deceased. The lore fanatics were willing to give it a chance and they got pissed on. The casuals got bored as fuck. People are done being duped.
They better be prepared for all the future Lord Of The Rings movies WB planning..with possible involvement from Peter Jackson

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
In all of this, what happened to The Wheel of Time? Not that they didn't make a complete mess of it.