Anyone here have a mancave?

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I finally finished my basement . I'll post better pictures when furnished. I got the definitive technology bipolar speakers for my movie center.

Bar

Real nice. I just moved into my new crib and looking to hook it up as well.

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you get your wet bar from? That’s the piece I’m struggling with.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Real nice. I just moved into my new crib and looking to hook it up as well.

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you get your wet bar from? That’s the piece I’m struggling with.
Man… my Mexican basement contractors did it. But they took me to all their vendors and stuff to pick out my materials. These particular cabinets and hardware are from Procraft Cabinets on Jimmy Carter and the quartzite countertop is from Florida Tile in Norcross. I chose all my stuff myself. You’ll like the bathroom too. They were young Mexican dudes and one of them has a degree in building design so he gave us some good ideas.
I’ll post furnished pictures early next month when my theater seats come in.

The faucet is from Lowe’s. It a good $180 replica of some $700 faucet in Ferguson.
The wine fridge is from Costco. Awesome price with white glove delivery. They had it for $500 less a week after they delivered it and they reduced the price for us too.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man… my Mexican basement contractors did it. But they took me to all their vendors and stuff to pick out my materials. These particular cabinets and hardware are from Procraft Cabinets on Jimmy Carter and the quartzite countertop is from Florida Tile in Norcross. I chose all my stuff myself. You’ll like the bathroom too. They were young Mexican dudes and one of them has a degree in building design so he gave us some good ideas.

The faucet is from Lowe’s. It a good replica of some $700 faucet in Ferguson.
The wine fridge is from Costco. Awesome price with white glove delivery. They had it for $500 less a week after they delivered it and they reduced the price for us too.
Thanks!

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The faucet is from Lowe’s. It a good $180 replica of some $700 faucet in Ferguson.
Bruh, can you put me in touch with them? I'm moving back to my house in Atlanta in September and I'm looking to do upgrades and some additions. I need a crew that does good work and can be trusted.

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh, can you put me in touch with them? I'm moving back to my house in Atlanta in September and I'm looking to do upgrades and some additions. I need a crew that does good work and can be trusted.

Trust is key.

I love my basement, but my contractor was a thief in the sense that we later found out he "overcharged" for some of the jobs.

Example - He got sloppy and had us paying the contractors directly.
He'll quote a job for $2000, and have us pay like the plumber $1000, meaning he pocketed $1000. This happened on other items too like painting, electrical...etc etc.

Outside of that, having a finished basement is heaven and a different kind of blessing when it comes to entertaining, and having family or other visitors come over for an extended stay.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone with a finished basement, do you have a humidifier? If so, is it a good idea to have one? Pros and Cons..

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Anyone with a finished basement, do you have a humidifier? If so, is it a good idea to have one? Pros and Cons..
My cuz in Jersey did. They had to constantly empty it always had to leave it running. He had a pool and a lot of moisture starting to grow mold around a drain in the basement.

Depends on where you live but I'd suggest having one and connect the water line to drain always. You can leave it on and it will keep humidity at low levels. I suppose if fresh air isn't constantly blowing through the area, I would. $200 for one is a lot cheaper than the cost or repair and remediation.

When my house flooded, I had two dehumidifiers running 24/7 and had one draining to a toilet and other to the kitchen drain during the dry out the studs prior to construction.

Make sure it has one that you can connect a hose to other than just having a tank. Let it run always.

Peace of mind.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My cuz in Jersey did. They had to constantly empty it always had to leave it running. He had a pool and a lot of moisture starting to grow mold around a drain in the basement.

Depends on where you live but I'd suggest having one and connect the water line to drain always. You can leave it on and it will keep humidity at low levels. I suppose if fresh air isn't constantly blowing through the area, I would. $200 for one is a lot cheaper than the cost or repair and remediation.

When my house flooded, I had two dehumidifiers running 24/7 and had one draining to a toilet and other to the kitchen drain during the dry out the studs prior to construction.

Make sure it has one that you can connect a hose to other than just having a tank. Let it run always.

Peace of mind.
Thanks!

My basement is only about 2000 sq. feet so I was thinking of getting something like this

6398263_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Thanks!

My basement is only about 2000 sq. feet so I was thinking of getting something like this

6398263_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550
2k sq ft isn't a small space
You may need two if it's a lot of enclosed rooms.

But I'm not current on what's the best to get for that size space.

Also won't know the amount of humidity in the room until you plug one in and get a reading. It will tell you the humidity and should auto shut off when it reaches the set amount.

I didn't put up my walls after my flood until my dehumidifier read under 5% humidity. Took weeks/months.

Youtube it for suggestions is probably your best bet. My situation was different.

I just had heavy use of them but was for after a flood.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2k sq ft isn't a small space
You may need two if it's a lot of enclosed rooms.

But I'm not current on what's the best to get for that size space.

Also won't know the amount of humidity in the room until you plug one in and get a reading. It will tell you the humidity and should auto shut off when it reaches the set amount.

I didn't put up my walls after my flood until my dehumidifier read under 5% humidity. Took weeks/months.

Youtube it for suggestions is probably your best bet. My situation was different.

I just had heavy use of them but was for after a flood.
Thanks alot for your help bro...Really appreciate it.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Excellent job, In your home, I wish I had the space In my house for a dedicated hometheater, I had to settle for a family media room but I'm happy with It. I just finished remodeling my basement office and also I'm redoing my living room, and my fireplace design Is similar to yours. Wifey didn't want a thick bezel around the fireplace and the brick design on my wall tile Is smaller.

IMG-6698.jpg

IMG-6700.jpg

IMG-6701.jpg

IMG-6702.jpg
Revamped my office space with a Simracing rig and another Pc.

Resized-Resized-20230928-011746-2.jpg

IMG-7338.jpg

IMG-7406-2.jpg

IMG-7339.jpg

IMG-7411.jpg

IMG-7386.jpg

IMG-7331.jpg

xspade7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Peace of mind.

I have one running in my basement due to a mold issue, definitely worth it.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I have one running in my basement due to a mold issue, definitely worth it.
Clean the mold with a chemical sprayer mixture of bleach and borax. Can't remember the mixture amount but killed chances of anything growing after I flooded. Have to clean all the studs and anything inside the walls so nothing grows ever.

TREES

O.G.
BGOL Investor
What size is your move screen? and what make of projector are you using? Do you like the projector and has it been reliable. I am finally getting to install mine tomorrow.
I have a 135 inch screen... Epson 5050 projector..So far haven't had to replace the bulb on the projector so it's all good, although my neighbor had to replace his last year. Here's all the specs

Klipsch Reference Premier speakers....
2 RP8000F's L/R
1 RP-504C Center
2 RP-502S's Surrounds,
2 RP-402S's Rears
2 SPL-120's Subs
4 Polk RC80i's for Atmos
7.2.4 Dolby Atmos
135 in Elite Screens Cinegrey
Emotiva Basx 3-channel amp (powering L/C/R)
Epson 5050 projector
Denon 6700H receiver
Apple TV 4k, Fire stick 4k,
Aircom T9 Fan on Receiver

TREES

O.G.
BGOL Investor
Inspiration bro. Hoping to have my mancave full out in 2-3 years.

Where did you get your light up movie posters?