Anyone here have a mancave?

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
so you're trying to say projectors 'suck ass' and are 'nice' @ the same damn time??
i'm saying their nice BUT compared to a LED 4k screen it's no contest there are 1080p plasma models out there that put out a better picture

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Projectors are as crisp as TVS, you just need:

1. Total darkness
2. An expensive projector
3. A good backdrop

If I had the correct place in our home (and could talk the wife into spending the money on it), I would easily replace my TV in the media room with a projector.

Reactions: LSN

Adam Knows

Platinum Member
Projectors are as crisp as TVS, you just need:

1. Total darkness
2. An expensive projector
3. A good backdrop

If I had the correct place in our home (and could talk the wife into spending the money on it), I would easily replace my TV in the media room with a projector.

and that's the thing. what do you do in the daytime?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
i'm saying their nice BUT compared to a LED 4k screen it's no contest there are 1080p plasma models out there that put out a better picture
You're comparing apples and oranges.

Those TV's don't have the size in comparison to a projector. My theater room screen is diagonal 167", only 1080p but good enough to make me shit my pants watching something that huge with a damn good movie and surround sound system.

What you're saying is saying fuck it, I'm not going to the movies cause their quality isn't as detailed as my 4k TV.

Along with the fact that you had it on a painted wall. It is a bit better on projector screen material. But yes, can't get the same quality, but won't get the size either.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
and that's the thing. what do you do in the daytime?
I wouldn't recommend a projector as your everyday all day viewing device.

Depends on what you want.

If I could have a room in our home that didn't have windows, yet big enough to have a sectional/lounge chairs, and keep all my shit when I want to chill with the family or by myself with my "man" shit, I'd do it in a heart beat.

If you want a room that can be used during the day time, then yeah, a projector wouldn't work for you.

Adam Knows

Platinum Member
You're comparing apples and oranges.

Those TV's don't have the size in comparison to a projector. My theater room screen is diagonal 167", only 1080p but good enough to make me shit my pants watching something that huge with a damn good movie and surround sound system.

What you're saying is saying fuck it, I'm not going to the movies cause their quality isn't as detailed as my 4k TV.

Along with the fact that you had it on a painted wall. It is a bit better on projector screen material. But yes, can't get the same quality, but won't get the size either.

that's really all it is about is size. i'll take quality over size any day. that's just me. and movies are a completely different thing. i go to the movie moreso for the availability of watching the movie and the overall experience of not being in the house. can't compare the two things

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I wouldn't recommend a projector as your everyday all day viewing device.

Depends on what you want.

If I could have a room in our home that didn't have windows, yet big enough to have a sectional/lounge chairs, and keep all my shit when I want to chill with the family or by myself with my "man" shit, I'd do it in a heart beat.

If you want a room that can be used during the day time, then yeah, a projector wouldn't work for you.
There are projectors that can be viewed in a room with daylight. You should check projector central for comparisons and see ones that have higher lumens. My theater room has one window in it and the double doors at times can be open when I want to hear the front door if the bell rings.

It's not completely dark, but can be, but it's fine watching a movie in the daytime. And you don't need an expensive projector. I've used an office type projector for years. Wasnt a cinema type projector that cost me $3k, wanted one, but cost me fractions less and was good enough for me and the fam.

Also wife had the room painted a chocolate brown, so that helps keeping it dark as well.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Got all the shit for mine, but the new house is bigger, but has smaller rooms. So 1/3 will be my office, 1/3rd open loft space upstairs with the rest of the stuff in my studio.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Never understood the fascination with barber chairs. Them shits are uncomfortable to me.
Dudes have them as smoking chairs in man caves plus they're the one cool thing you can have as seating and is an antique from the 30's or 40's era. And a good collectors item

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Dudes have them as smoking chairs in man caves plus they're the one cool thing you can have as seating and is an antique from the 30's or 40's era. And a good collectors item
My father was a barber. We still have his chair at my mother's home. It's an old iron and porcelain joint. Uncomfortable as hell but a good collection piece but heavy as hell.

thareezen

Rising Star
Platinum Member
y3mF3yApf8w1ZsAfFVT6DJTI2QEQCf5dk3uHopKAuvmu41BbX-ZIhMKfO9QpF2QAntFGBgcU4fy7CEuDI1Gh2xrHnNubtNH88GASWrQGvtszAgfmkrKk--ah6Ep37v1L0uitj4aMDNIJcao0L-CURxthJwBn8dmU-n-xFMww45Khjs
y3mRk9yiPBftyuSTArgbbKg1HWfghS8Dpduj6zndnX-oLTNGJXbMNf9FFfqyrYXPRNJUvGyH_vGJRiMpDg53nkg8GfheOjCM5MM_y0QFe8Sa9iyT8moDOMQ_aKspas9zeDveT2jZvC6ovi1R5UUNnWHnewkmkwSExCJD8qisAda6Ds
y3mF3yApf8w1ZsAfFVT6DJTI2QEQCf5dk3uHopKAuvmu41BbX-ZIhMKfO9QpF2QAntFGBgcU4fy7CEuDI1Gh2xrHnNubtNH88GASWrQGvtszAgfmkrKk--ah6Ep37v1L0uitj4aMDNIJcao0L-CURxthJwBn8dmU-n-xFMww45Khjs
y3mHYSE9v-snDrHVtnL--KKGAkxOTgCky2aBgmeUI1d1fAKNF9gO35G1m7u4SrE9py1vDd6mtdC-61pUg4Jr6enghO6vR9sGOMjwc10V_ORijMD0YyltyK14pxVW3pcr7DqMlhlHUJ-pk4v3aJ2kbVLtV53c6IsTv5VfNnjUa9VS2s
y3m4lGMlGgVr_VRduFZkzjyRl_f02ez7Fgy9e6WhTOZWiv4G56gEzS9s9xwspoXkpyC6IGISIk1ZBsl-f0IYjDJvzKz1CRd4bGY5Sez6pgD4bcL4YZG8gxGLMYULcGDhJ8Oh0y5QqzfwlXPRtE0PSMgJnrDwEKuxB81JexXl-wQmNQ

Just moved in a few months ago and I'm in the process of ordering more posters and getting them framed. Had to take a break to buy Christmas shit.

Tuco

Rising Star
Registered
aint nuthin like a projector. got one in the living room of my apartment w/ lens memory for cinemascope movies. i will never go back to watching 2.35:1 movies on a tv again...with black bars above & below the image :smh:

watch da shit as it was intended to be seen, i say :dunno: WELL worth it.

props on da pics everyone

Tuco

Rising Star
Registered
I got a cave, that wifey was bitching about when I was putting It together, now though she's always bringing her friends down in my spot to entertain :curse:

Fam, where'd u cop da video game tabletop from? I JUST started gettin my emulator game up this week....

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
aint nuthin like a projector. got one in the living room of my apartment w/ lens memory for cinemascope movies. i will never go back to watching 2.35:1 movies on a tv again...with black bars above & below the image :smh:

yep I simply can't...it's like watching TV on a handheld screen...the only TVs that can still slightly captivate me are 65" and up and that's barely

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

And throw a Kodi device on there and you're in bizness.

I've had Kodi in my theater room since XBMC was running on an Apple TV device years back. Time to upgrade all my stuff this year myself.

Tuco

Rising Star
Registered
And throw a Kodi device on there and you're in bizness.

I've had Kodi in my theater room since XBMC was running on an Apple TV device years back. Time to upgrade all my stuff this year myself.

:yes:

ilikebigbutts

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
im sure alot of you already know about the site but check out avsforum.com. they got a section dedicated to people building HT rooms, some of them on a decent budget. there's plenty of ways to do one, its just a matter of what you want it to look like.

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
My little cousin's ol man has one, he's even got a place where he keeps his weed stash
young fella wild as fuck :lol: