Anyone here have a mancave?

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
This. Nothing beats a full movie experience like having a projector and 103" screen.

I always hear the same knocks/questions...

...is it clear as a TV?
...what about the day time?
...I heard the bulbs are expensive?

...but once you turn it on and they actually SEE the shit in action all you hear is "wow" and all that other bullshit goes out the window then they ask the right questions

I went to a small local theater to see civil war and was so damn disappointed that the screen was only slightly bigger than mine...I should've gone to an IMAX theater but I went to this spot since they had recliners...equally important too is the sound system...I love hearing that low rumble shake up thru the walls/house that you just can't duplicate w/ just a TV and a soundbar for scenes that are seemingly quiet if you don't have the right sound

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Digging the chairs and set up man.

I'm so broke I can't even furnish right now. :smh:

it's time for me to reup on my recliners...the leather on both are cracking after about 7-8 years wear and tear...I'm deciding if I should go leather again or go microfiber...it's not as sexy as the leather...but it's cheaper and I can maintain it much longer...I have a microfiber recliner in the bedroom that's probably about 10 y/o and still in very good condition...idk the leather def looks better tho

ilikebigbutts

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
alot of people dont realize how important surround sound can be to a movie or even tv show. i have to thank my mom for basically making me the tech nerd i am today lol. ever since she bought a $1000 sony stereo system back in 1990 i was hooked. any time we rented an action flick from blockbuster we used that stereo. so now i cant watch anything without my system on. i had got my first system back in 2001 and havent looked back. my tv speakers stay turned off.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
I always hear the same knocks/questions...

...is it clear as a TV?
...what about the day time?
...I heard the bulbs are expensive?

...but once you turn it on and they actually SEE the shit in action all you hear is "wow" and all that other bullshit goes out the window then they ask the right questions

I went to a small local theater to see civil war and was so damn disappointed that the screen was only slightly bigger than mine...I should've gone to an IMAX theater but I went to this spot since they had recliners...equally important too is the sound system...I love hearing that low rumble shake up thru the walls/house that you just can't duplicate w/ just a TV and a soundbar
Real talk fam. My shit is in a room that is dedicated to viewing movies. My sound system is on point. I have a 7.1 setup, which consist of a Yamaha 2700, 12in pinnacle sub, fronts and centers are b&w 601s, my additional fronts are b&W 800s, and my rears are a b&w tripolar, cannot remember the model number. My sound will shit on any commercial movie theater because of the space. Anyone running kodi, should use this addon, https://cinemavision.tv/. It will allow you to use trivia slides, intro/outro videos, and all kinds of movie like shit.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
it's time for me to reup on my recliners...the leather on both are cracking after about 7-8 years wear and tear...I'm deciding if I should go leather again or go microfiber...it's not as sexy as the leather...but it's cheaper and I can maintain it much longer...I have a microfiber recliner in the bedroom that's probably about 10 y/o and still in very good condition...idk the leather def looks better tho
Go leather bro, let your heart win out sometimes eventhough your brain is right lol.

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, when we were home shopping, wife and I couldn't stop looking at Pinterest and all the home improvement shows..Love or List it, Fixer Upper, etc....Good luck.

Same here. And that app Houzz is good too. Too many ideas and good shit out there

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
Man, when we were home shopping, wife and I couldn't stop looking at Pinterest and all the home improvement shows..Love or List it, Fixer Upper, etc....Good luck.

mine was the same way when we did the remodeling except she saw our kitchen in somebody's house on one of the housewives show i'm thinking the atlanta one. she went all out. we had the tile and carpet removed on the main floor and had wood flooring, kitchen torn out and new one put in including an island, new bathroom, etc., when we bought the place

PXq6ip6fiF2LXiiG-cVZOzv6PS2DKpcOjZ2USW5whHvPNlGyq8t116gx3TwO0-24okPAxskIdcGRSuccjY-2oB7bduQPUwo22zkAMl_UjtYkFT1Yu9Bz-uj1JyriCDMRCmUG9sPM4j1CtXkdSMKOp_xDqcwyquzfWVkzz05p4lN-DFlX81K2XaNXIjvF3yL-HZ16916k7qDB1Rkul2cOE113VuCjoya5CZMWNCgtFGx2evoF1GR1fakt2ttRiKISwWCoiD9wanz0WJTKUVrnnFPGd4e_qsfNyOBMx-Q97bnWQYPgXOk-kTVJWzBAIsznajv3WNG0axAG8eBWmC6wn_6k5eixC4cL6sp07RhIWuZ5QL8N3LVUA2aF7XVBo6gl05ohXoRcmVL_xhn5uxbc-XKkN2g2_Pcv_c10LTLCbarJJVJmpOQeD8RNlKhOxlEfVdAHduxRBCcKKLl6J7DfBoeEsRD228xxySjkjpicKTlnLPI3CehDCouym2z03vYlf3sWV1JikDGms0UkdydGLapIfHcUfKW1JpJJXlfNsvu7lwnx0isXsa1P1llVbYEZuGXnnW1Kot-liJtMMAzOi8mPqKFnXr4EW4zvyOs5CZTczQrcbA=w1673-h941-no

Rap7ECZdkPgOHo4NQ6gh1H6IE4qTmt7RQlMS3w3nBHmU1calKHGQWloqI0y7maEs0hMxCkZ2qrK3-Mc4g7mZUulcRsHoMY3scddSWAaRazilxcKoubt17TI0WxLXK7ZJsYSMg3HNT01gOUuK77Qu4UVedlXE0Dttt9p3aAmGgFHYVm749z0cQWWC4Bog5ld9SeF-7l16IOAPBDAL0F1YR1N1-LQl0Ob7joogKK704I--wWD8u8uncYdMv7xDsTmaIpBrh6axJ0v3cPLN8i5m6bNOzbfIfY4ZqZzJev3zyLEsW6x3GTKQzi9DPITIzK6yzhC125xtozmNWtcxP5YCHC6FvXQIdybOULszTz41ArHUaym7i4i4hIQaA50a8mmd0hU_sXW2SYU0DQYnYJvtv9QlEeoUniYUUJxthRSCgrXBjVY54X8VuvPKWqMiIPFCfXkY1ZlgDkqYgJgEfGzjSGeZNjv6lp_zy3xVVQ9imZ_N47HfOgwxbSOY1QBT8h6PnsLS5_1JpCeXUqBlwDhc3GAwtdr5yqJpBVU_JD_kMdZ5EJen98h7Q7H6h_4wBzNkenCEmKHHuJHnG7q8YRtKkxIEsnybUIAMRxUpesRbRSvvSAU3--95Cg=w530-h941-no

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Man, if we had one more room, I'd love to get a pool table. Fuck it, a foosball table and an air hockey joint too.

it was cool when I had my first house and had get togethers practically every week...once I got tired of having ppl in my house tho it just collected dust

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
it was cool when I had my first house and had get togethers practically every week...once I got tired of having ppl in my house tho it just collected dust
My wife and I love playing pool, so I can see us using it regularly. With three kids (son and two daughters) a foosball table and air hockey joint would get use...

If I was single, lived alone and had no kids, yeah it would totally collect dust.

Reactions: LSN

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
My wife and I love playing pool, so I can see us using it regularly. With three kids (son and two daughters) a foosball table and air hockey joint would get use...

If I was single, lived alone and had no kids, yeah it would totally collect dust.
Mayne that air hockey table novelty wore off quick especially all of the ass I was kicking. My oldest and his homeboys will play it now and then but they rather drive racing cars and play madden and/or nba 2k.

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have multiple spots throughout my house that have my stamp on it. I mostly hang in my office. The kids and I usually hang in the game room and the wife, kids, and I watch a ton of BGOL movies in the theater room.

nxuejn.jpg

2dktqo.jpg

Very nice. What are the dimensions of this theater room?

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Good looking.......I have a room of similar dimensions, I thought it might have been too small. I like your set up......
Thanks fam. You just need to build up a platform to put a second row of seating. I wish I had bigger but the sound in that room is awesome, way overkill. Scary movies makes my wife lose her shit especially when shit pops off from the rear speakers lol. Lights out in 5.1 had her snuggling extra close for two straight weeks.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Im pretty sure this will happen. Like dude said. I used to have get togethers all the time, but got tired of the prep work

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Should look into getting the vinyl I mentioned earlier. It's a very heavy vinyl that's with split leather on the back side. They make some tested to 50k or 100k rubs in a lab.

Many of these retailers like Ashley Furniture sell it on their stuff telling you it's leather, but it's really this material. It lasts forever. Durable to spills and stains. With the kids, it works for me.

It's generally about $40 a yard. I get a lot of stuff upholstered for a hustle I do. But just haven't gotten quoted on my chairs to redo them, but know I'm looking at probably $1,500+ I'm looking at.

My chairs also have the shaker things in them, so you always feel the bass no matter how low the audio is.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Don't have a man cave or room for it...BGOL about to have me buying a projector....been playing with the idea for years and cant pull the trigger...saw a fucking Epson 2030 at Best Buy late 2015 for 3 hundred something...I know it was a damn mistake with the store pricing...went back and it was back at the right price of 7 or 800 something...cuss myself everyday for not buying that shit...might get that Optoma HD142X for $549 from Amazon although I dont know if I suffer form that rainbow effect

Projectors give the best bang for the buck by far as far as screen size is concerned

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Digging the chairs and set up man.

I'm so broke I can't even furnish right now. :smh:

I have an open area where I have the pool table (my birthday/Xmas gift), and future plans for a small kitchenette, bar and seating area.

We have a bedroom down there with a full shower and toilet. a bonus/fitness room, home office, and media room too, but on hold as per furnishing until I get more funds.

I went into this knowing it is not my "man cave" but a spot for the whole family.

The media room I will set up as a small mancave since I plan to have my consoles (PS4 and XB1) connected down there.

Still debating what to do for overall sound (music playing)

I plan to get a 75" SUHD Samsung if prices come down in 2017.

Lots of potential :yes:

Pool table - Space in the back is where a small bar/kitchen will go, and a seating area with a TV on the wall
20161228_190933___Copy.jpg

Home office behind pool table with pocket doors. Other door is where a bonus room/fitness room or whatever the fuck room will be
20161229_121929___Copy.jpg

Before pool table - Media room is the open door to the right
IMG_0258___Copy.jpg

Media room - Wall where TV or projector screen will go
IMG_0260___Copy.jpg

Raised platform in media room for seats - Still need to carpet this room - Scheduled for next Friday
IMG_0268_Copy.jpg

Finished bathroom/shower
IMG_0277_Copy.jpg
Nice as fuck, dude. I'm going to learn how to post pics today!
Can I just email my pics to someone?

MrChevyDC3

Rising Star
Registered
+1 on the pool table collecting dust. I hate that, too. When we bought our house, I was all geeked about getting a pool table, and we got a nice one. Minnesota Fatts joint with the red velvet felt. But, to be honest, at our last (and only) party we threw, my fellas used it as a table for a big dice game that I collected House for. Got paid off craps and hard rolls. Just not really anyone to play pool with since we moved to the burbs. Homies don't wanna cross 8-mile lol.

My other big investment in my man-cave was a 650 in 1 Full size coin operated video game arcade. It's got about 8 street fighters, mortal Kombat, Kung-Fu master, all the pac mans and galaga's and 600 other arcade games from the 90's. Cost me about 1700. Played it for about a week and now it just sits there looking nice.
Dart board,
Flat screen with used sectional from old apartment,
Dry Bar that seats about 3,
I'm currently building my workout section, weight bench, old elliptical I found on craigs list, various barbells and dumbells. Got a full bathroom down there too, Never really use. But nice to have!

Reactions: LSN

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
+1 on the pool table collecting dust. I hate that, too. When we bought our house, I was all geeked about getting a pool table, and we got a nice one. Minnesota Fatts joint with the red velvet felt. But, to be honest, at our last (and only) party we threw, my fellas used it as a table for a big dice game that I collected House for. Got paid off craps and hard rolls. Just not really anyone to play pool with since we moved to the burbs. Homies don't wanna cross 8-mile lol.

My other big investment in my man-cave was a 650 in 1 Full size coin operated video game arcade. It's got about 8 street fighters, mortal Kombat, Kung-Fu master, all the pac mans and galaga's and 600 other arcade games from the 90's. Cost me about 1700. Played it for about a week and now it just sits there looking nice.
Dart board,
Flat screen with used sectional from old apartment,
Dry Bar that seats about 3,
I'm currently building my workout section, weight bench, old elliptical I found on craigs list, various barbells and dumbells. Got a full bathroom down there too, Never really use. But nice to have!
That's a nice setup, post some pics fam. I will post some pics of my workout room. I just bought the box flex max trainer. I plan on putting it together this weekend. I have worn out my treadmill and decided to do something different, so I can protect my old Dline knees.