Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Everyone is expecting $NVDA to blow earnings out of the water on Wednesday. I was trying to look for a cheap call option play with $SMCI over the last few weeks with a Sept06 expiration. ($SMCI is a major ODM for $NVDA AI/GPU servers. $NVDA also makes their own in-house servers at a cost).

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
HELOC at 3%? Is that a promotional period?
Yeah so the rate on your mortgage won’t change. I would suggest looking at the terms, but when I did my HELOC, my mortgage rate which is 3.2% didn’t change. The HELOC I have is at 6% and I pay what I took out back on a monthly basis.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Everyone is expecting $NVDA to blow earnings out of the water on Wednesday. I was trying to look for a cheap call option play with $SMCI over the last few weeks with a Sept06 expiration. ($SMCI is a major ODM for $NVDA AI/GPU servers. $NVDA also makes their own in-house servers at a cost).
I think its time to take some winnings off the table on Nvidia. I put in about $700 before the pandemic and now its worth 20 stacks. I think I'll take 5 and get some work done on house before it starts to dip.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
I think its time to take some winnings off the table on Nvidia. I put in about $700 before the pandemic and now its worth 20 stacks. I think I'll take 5 and get some work done on house before it starts to dip.

Expectations are unsustainable in the long run. I'm looking to exit my position in the next 6 or so months.

***Edit

Reasoning - next gen GPU availability. It's been delayed until March (rumor all but confirmed... Just not from $NVDA). Plus, I'll need to see what they're talking about on the ER call Wednesday.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Not nearly as high an amount, but what I DCA'd into NVDA starting around July 2020 until now, I'm up over 400%. I plan on rebalancing some of it back into the S&P over the next year + (this will be the 2nd time).

That's kind of been my whole strategy: try to accumulate extra cash thru individual companies to roll over into the broad market fund and build a steady foundation. But all the reading I do or see the best investors talk about compounders has me feelin some typa way.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Apple® today announced that Chief Financial Officer Luca Maestri will transition from his role on January 1, 2025. Maestri will continue to lead the Corporate Services teams, including information systems and technology, information security, and real estate and development, reporting to Apple CEO Tim Cook. As part of a planned succession, Kevan Parekh, Apple’s Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis, will become Chief Financial Officer and join the executive team.

“Luca has been an extraordinary partner in managing Apple for the long term. He has been instrumental in improving and driving the company’s financial performance, engaging with shareholders, and instilling financial discipline across every part of Apple. We’re fortunate that we will continue to benefit from the leadership and insight that have been the hallmark of his tenure at the company,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO.

“For more than a decade, Kevan has been an indispensable member of Apple’s finance leadership team, and he understands the company inside and out. His sharp intellect, wise judgment, and financial brilliance make him the perfect choice to be Apple’s next CFO.”

During his time as CFO, Maestri enabled essential investments and practiced robust financial discipline, which together helped the company more than double its revenue, with services revenue growing more than five times.

$AAPL

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Watching now. He’s such an asshole. Goes off on tangents and they have to just wait him out.
I like how Kim Wallace handled this interview with Joey...

Pressure will be on both Harris & Trump to present their ideas to voters: 22V Research's Kim Wallace​

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Thomas Lee is a Managing Partner and the Head of Research at Fundstrat Global Advisors. :cool:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Does the article say how many are vested? If they leave before the vested time they have to forfeit the shares.
The article in reference. It wasn’t an article attached.

Wealthy Nvidia employees are taking it easy in ‘semi-retirement mode' — even middle managers make $1 million a year or more: Report​

News
published December 17, 2023
Nvidia HQ

According to a report published by Business Insider, there is a simmering feeling of unfairness among newer Nvidia staffers. During an internal meeting last month, frustrations were raised about established Nvidia executives operating in “semi-retirement” mode. Though we only have a rough sketch of the meeting content and discussion, the impression is that employees who have been at Nvidia for five or more years are so financially comfortable that they simply aren’t motivated to work very hard. In fact, most middle managers make $1 million a year — or more.

It is clear that longer-tenured employees at Nvidia can be very wealthy. Those with stock options will have seen their nest eggs balloon by as much as 1,200% in five years. Shares are currently valued at $488, and if we go back a little further, say ten years, we are looking at an incredible 12,000% increase in stock valuations.

Huang appealed to employee responsibility​

Business Insider wrote that Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang had several things to say about the idea of “semi-retirement” mode employees working at the company. Firstly, he explained that those working within the green team must see the job as a “voluntary sport.” Here, Huang seems to appeal to senior workers’ passion, prestige, and pride in their work. Secondly, the Nvidia CEO suggested senior staff should act like a CEO of their own time, in an adult, responsible way.

We know that some must be feeling that the workload share, the stress, and the strain at Nvidia is not evenly distributed – that’s why the “semi-retirement” question made it to discussion at last month’s meeting. However, it is still clear that Huang has broad and strong support (and a 98% approval on Glassdoor). Instead of the CEO, Business Insider indicates that employees think the employee-centric culture at Nvidia is largely to blame. This, combined with a hands-off management style and the firm’s seemingly unassailable position in 2023, seem to contribute to extreme executive comfort and, some would say, complacency at the firm. We must also remember that employee comfort levels are also increased by knowing that the last formal job cuts and layoffs at Nvidia were 15 years ago – at the peak of the financial crisis.

To get further insight into the work culture at Nvidia, the source talked to 13 current Nvidia staff and two Human Resources professionals familiar with the company. Insiders said that there isn’t much outside competitive pressure felt from the likes of Amazon, Microsoft, et al. Another interesting line was that, at Nvidia, it is “harder to get fired than hired.” It was also claimed that even middle managers at Nvidia make $1 million per year.

However, one of the employees that Business Insider talked to said that Huang was more than firm in getting the message across regarding slacking. "Jensen's making a serious point, which is 'do your damn job,'" said a particularly charged-up employee.

Rocking the boat is risky​

If nothing really changes after the aforementioned meeting, we wouldn’t be shocked. All’s well at the green team with massive revenue/income streams and hardly any increase in operating expenses. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, goes the popular proverb, and some would say Huang would be prudent not to rock the boat.

Stay On the Cutting Edge: Get the Tom's Hardware Newsletter​

We know the Nvidia CEO is a driven personalityand doesn’t rest on his laurels, so he probably expects others to feel the same. Business Insider notes that a common theme for the CEO at these all-hands meetings is that the stock market is very unforgiving, and Nvidia is living on priced-in-market expectations of consistently strong results.