Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

Dollar Tree Q2 Earnings: Revenue And EPS Miss, Cuts Annual Forecasts As Customers Feel Macro Pressure On Spending, Stock Tumbles​

The company reported sales of $7.38 billion, up marginally by 0.07%, missing the consensus of $7.5 billion.

Dollar Tree reported same-store sales growth of 1.3%, the Family Dollar segment reported a marginal decline of 0.1%, and the Enterprise segment reported same-store sales growth of 0.7%.

During the second quarter, Dollar Tree initiated a formal review of strategic alternatives for the Family Dollar business segment, which could include a potential sale, spin-off, or other disposition of the business.

Guidance: The company is lowering its full-year fiscal 2024 consolidated net sales outlook range to $30.6 billion to $30.9 billion, down from prior guidance of $31 billion—$32 billion versus the consensus of $31.19 billion.

"We are updating our full-year outlook to reflect second-quarter results, including the general liability charge, a more conservative sales outlook at Dollar Tree for the balance of the year, and incremental start-up costs associated with the conversion of our recently acquired portfolio of 99 Cents Only Stores leases," Davis added.

The company expects to deliver comparable store net sales growth in the low-single-digits for the enterprise and both the Dollar Tree and Family Dollar segments.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Curious about which stocks to invest in? In this exclusive video, I reveal the 7 stocks I'm buying right now, including Nvidia, Celsius, Snowflake stock, and more. I also provide a stock market update and news, as well as relevant earnings.
TIMESTAMPS
00:00 - Intro: 7 best stocks to buy now, best stocks to invest in 2024, stocks I'm buying now, top stocks for 2024
00:12- Why are stocks down? Stock Market News Today, QQQ, semiconductor stocks, macroeconomics, The Fed, inflation, recession, stock market crash
00:44 - Nivida stock, NVDA stock, Nvidia stock analysis, NVDA stock analysis, Nviida price predictions & targets
02:51 - Macroeconomics, QQQ ETF, QQQ stock, analysis, tech stocks, what's next for growth stocks?
04:13 - Stock 2: Zscaler stock, ZS stock, Zscaler earnings, ZS stock analysis
07:11 - Stock 3: Celsius Holdings stock, Celsius stock, CELH stock, CELH stock analysis
10:56 - Stock 4: Snowflake stock, SNOW stock, Snowflake stock analysis, SNOW stock analysis
13:14 - Stock 5: ABNB stock, Airbnb stock analysis, ABNB stock analysis, ABNB stock price
15:43 - Stock 6: Elastic stock, ESTC stock, Elastic stock analysis, ESTC stock analysis, ESTC earnings
19:46 - Dollar General stock, DG stock, DG earnings, Dollar General stock analysis, dividend stocks to buy

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I respect Josh alot, but this is interesting...

Kamala's Kapital Gains Tax​

Plus: Real estate fin-fluencers and we have the top new business book in America​

Author

Josh Brown
September 05, 2024
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...townjoshbrown.com/p/kamalas-kapital-gains-tax
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te....com/p/kamalas-kapital-gains-tax&via=downtown
https://www.linkedin.com/sharing/sh...townjoshbrown.com/p/kamalas-kapital-gains-tax

Kamala’s capital gains tax​

It’s not going to do anything to help anyone. It’s only going to further alienate business owners and affluent swing voters who detest Trump personally and are possibly in play for the Democrats. This only makes it so they’re not in play as much. But she’s trying.
We keep hearing about how “college educated males” in purplish states like Georgia or Pennsylvania either swung to Biden in ‘20 or abstained from voting altogether (which probably meant a downside surprise for the Trump campaign). Will they show up for Kamala Harris this time? This is a big question in some fairly important districts.
I know these people. They don’t like disrespect for the police. They don’t like out of control illegal immigration. And they really don’t like to see success and hard work be “punished” either via rhetoric on the campaign trail or through tax policy. Their Numbers One and Two priorities are the physical safety of their families and the ability to make as much money as possible throughout the course of their lives. Nothing else even comes close. Not reproductive rights, not Ukraine, not Israel, not Jan 6, not Obamacare, not Hunter’s laptop, not Stormy Daniels, not trans athletes in the Olympics, not the environment.
You can say what you will in response to these priorities, I’m just telling you where this demo’s collective head is at. Go ahead, get mad, let it out…
Anyway.
That’s why you’re seeing the Harris campaign break from Biden’s economic platform on this singular issue of capital gains. I think it’s still going to hurt her chances more than it’s going to solve anything, but fine, it’s a gesture.
CNBC has the details of Kamala’s “softened” tax policy for high income earners:
Vice President Kamala Harris on Wednesday proposed a 28% tax on long-term capital gains for households with an annual income of $1 million or more, lower than the 39.6% rate President Joe Biden laid out in his 2025 fiscal year budget.
“We will tax capital gains at a rate that rewards investment in America’s innovators, founders and small businesses,” the Democratic presidential nominee said at a rally in North Hampton, New Hampshire. The Wall Street Journal was first to report Harris’ capital gains tax plan.
Long-term capital gains, or assets held for more than one year, are currently taxed at a maximum rate of 20%.
Harris’ announcement marks a rare divergence from Biden’s economic platform.
The newly minted Democratic presidential nominee has so far largely kept her economic proposals in line with those of her current boss.

Obviously, most college educated males are not earning $1 million a year today, but this misses the point. Many college educated men believe that this is possible for them to do. Most believe it’s only a matter of time. If they just meet the right connections or get the perfect opportunity. This is what drives America and makes our economy great - none of us has a ceiling. None of us has a cap. A smaller, less sturdy social safety net than in Europe, yes. But no limitations on our upside either. As such, we’re an aspirational society with endless possibilities out there on the horizon for anyone willing to take a risk.
And everyone daydreams about the business they might someday start or the value of the stock options they’ve been partially compensated with. The daydreamers do not like the idea of seeing these imaginary earnings being taxed at a higher rate despite the fact that they haven’t been earned yet.
This might sound crazy to you and, if it does, you’re probably not the kind of person I’m speaking about. I think the people who understand this far outnumber those who don’t.
Raising the cap gains rate from 20% to 28% isn’t going to change the world but it’s certainly not going to make any friends. Even if it’s much better than the original Biden approach.
Trump’s going to make hay of this when he speaks to the Economic Club of New York later today and during the debate next week. You can count on it.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

Plus: Real estate fin-fluencers and we have the top new business book in America​

Author

Josh Brown
September 05, 2024
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https://www.downtownjoshbrown.com/p/kamalas-kapital-gains-tax
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Plus:+Real+estate+fin-fluencers+and+we+have+the+top+new+business+book+in+America&url=https://www.downtownjoshbrown.com/p/kamalas-kapital-gains-tax&via=downtown
https://www.linkedin.com/sharing/share-offsite?url=https://www.downtownjoshbrown.com/p/kamalas-kapital-gains-tax

It’s not going to do anything to help anyone. It’s only going to further alienate business owners and affluent swing voters who detest Trump personally and are possibly in play for the Democrats. This only makes it so they’re not in play as much. But she’s trying.
We keep hearing about how “college educated males” in purplish states like Georgia or Pennsylvania either swung to Biden in ‘20 or abstained from voting altogether (which probably meant a downside surprise for the Trump campaign). Will they show up for Kamala Harris this time? This is a big question in some fairly important districts.
I know these people. They don’t like disrespect for the police. They don’t like out of control illegal immigration. And they really don’t like to see success and hard work be “punished” either via rhetoric on the campaign trail or through tax policy. Their Numbers One and Two priorities are the physical safety of their families and the ability to make as much money as possible throughout the course of their lives. Nothing else even comes close. Not reproductive rights, not Ukraine, not Israel, not Jan 6, not Obamacare, not Hunter’s laptop, not Stormy Daniels, not trans athletes in the Olympics, not the environment.
You can say what you will in response to these priorities, I’m just telling you where this demo’s collective head is at. Go ahead, get mad, let it out…
Anyway.
That’s why you’re seeing the Harris campaign break from Biden’s economic platform on this singular issue of capital gains. I think it’s still going to hurt her chances more than it’s going to solve anything, but fine, it’s a gesture.
Vice President Kamala Harris on Wednesday proposed a 28% tax on long-term capital gains for households with an annual income of $1 million or more, lower than the 39.6% rate President Joe Biden laid out in his 2025 fiscal year budget.
“We will tax capital gains at a rate that rewards investment in America’s innovators, founders and small businesses,” the Democratic presidential nominee said at a rally in North Hampton, New Hampshire. The Wall Street Journal was first to report Harris’ capital gains tax plan.
Long-term capital gains, or assets held for more than one year, are currently taxed at a maximum rate of 20%.
The newly minted Democratic presidential nominee has so far largely kept her economic proposals in line with those of her current boss.

Obviously, most college educated males are not earning $1 million a year today, but this misses the point. Many college educated men believe that this is possible for them to do. Most believe it’s only a matter of time. If they just meet the right connections or get the perfect opportunity. This is what drives America and makes our economy great - none of us has a ceiling. None of us has a cap. A smaller, less sturdy social safety net than in Europe, yes. But no limitations on our upside either. As such, we’re an aspirational society with endless possibilities out there on the horizon for anyone willing to take a risk.
And everyone daydreams about the business they might someday start or the value of the stock options they’ve been partially compensated with. The daydreamers do not like the idea of seeing these imaginary earnings being taxed at a higher rate despite the fact that they haven’t been earned yet.
This might sound crazy to you and, if it does, you’re probably not the kind of person I’m speaking about. I think the people who understand this far outnumber those who don’t.
Raising the cap gains rate from 20% to 28% isn’t going to change the world but it’s certainly not going to make any friends. Even if it’s much better than the original Biden approach.
Trump’s going to make hay of this when he speaks to the Economic Club of New York later today and during the debate next week. You can count on it.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

Author

Josh Brown
September 05, 2024
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https://www.downtownjoshbrown.com/p/kamalas-kapital-gains-tax
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Plus:+Real+estate+fin-fluencers+and+we+have+the+top+new+business+book+in+America&url=https://www.downtownjoshbrown.com/p/kamalas-kapital-gains-tax&via=downtown
https://www.linkedin.com/sharing/share-offsite?url=https://www.downtownjoshbrown.com/p/kamalas-kapital-gains-tax

Anyway.

Fuck this dude! He doesn't like her tax plan because even though most people wont ever make 1 million a year it will stop men from dreaming of making a million a year because they don't want to be taxed.

So if you are a minimum waged shelf stocker at Walmart there is no reason to be ambitious and try to move up to management because if you make more money you have to pay more taxes :angry:

RoomService

BGOL Investor

7-Eleven owner rejects $38bn buyout offer​

Fri, September 6, 2024 at 12:42 AM PDT
Pedestrians walk past a convenience store 7-Eleven in Hong Kong.

The Japanese owner of 7-Eleven said the offer was too low and fraught with regulatory risk [Getty Images]

The Japanese owner of convenience store chain 7-Eleven has rejected a $38bn (£29.2bn) takeover bid from Canadian rival Alimentation Couche-Tard.

In a letter addressed to the prospective buyer, Seven & i Holdings said the Circle K owner's offer "grossly" undervalued the company and was fraught with regulatory risk.

The 7-Eleven owner added, however, that it remains open to negotiations and ready to consider a better proposal.

If successful the buyout would create a 100,000-strong global convenience store giant.

Stephen Dacus, the chair of the Seven & i board considering the deal, said in a letter that the proposal was "opportunistically timed".

The proposal, Mr Dacus added, "grossly undervalues" the Japanese retail giant and its potential to generate more value for shareholders.

Alimentation Couche-Tard (ACT), which is based in Quebec, runs around 17,000 shops across North America, Europe and Asia under the Circle K and Couche-Tard brands.

The initial offer by the prospective buyer valued Seven & i at $14.86 per share. That's more than 20% above its share price before the offer was announced.

The offer came when the Japanese yen is significantly weaker than the US dollar, making Seven & i more affordable to foreign buyers.

In rejecting the offer, Seven & i also flagged up "multiple and significant challenges" a deal would face from US competition regulators.

7-Eleven is the world's biggest convenience store chain, with 85,000 outlets across 20 countries and territories.

ACT's footprint in the US and Canada would more than double to about 20,000 sites were a deal to go ahead.

A Japanese company of this size has never been bought by a foreign firm.

Historically, companies from Japan were more likely to buy overseas businesses.

"Japan needs to protect its national assets... and Seven & i is a major asset, so expect this to be a long drawn-out process of negotiation," said the head of strategy at Astris Advisory Japan, Neil Newman.

"If it succeeds... then it would show that Japan is open for business and welcomes foreign investment."

Last year, the Japanese government issued new guidelines on mergers and acquisitions calling on companies not to reject credible takeover offers without sincere consideration.

ACT did not immediately respond to a BBC News request for comment

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Toyota Motor (TM) is planning to slow down its global electric vehicle production and has informed its suppliers of the decision, Nikkei reported Friday.

According to the report, the company cut its 2026 global production forecast to 1 million cars, about 30% lower than its previous sales guidance for the same year. Nikkei said the new guidance implies a production of over 400,000 electric vehicles in 2025 and more than double of this the year after.

$TM

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Toyota Motor (TM) is planning to slow down its global electric vehicle production and has informed its suppliers of the decision, Nikkei reported Friday.

According to the report, the company cut its 2026 global production forecast to 1 million cars, about 30% lower than its previous sales guidance for the same year. Nikkei said the new guidance implies a production of over 400,000 electric vehicles in 2025 and more than double of this the year after.

$TM
Fuck dem electric cars!! Send them shits back out to pasture!!:giggle:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

How to Invest Like Peter Lynch: 'One Up on Wall Street' Lessons w/ Kyle Grieve (TIP658)​

Kyle Grieve discusses the importance of simplicity and understanding for investment success, the possibility of succeeding in investing despite making mistakes, characteristics to avoid for better-investing success, differences in analyzing large and small businesses, the importance of treating stock tips with caution, the benefits of categorizing investments into subtypes, and more!

IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00:00 - Intro
00:01:33 - Why investing in things that you understand well is still such a big competitive advantage in investing
00:03:35 - The vital interplay between fundamentals, momentum, value, and price
00:06:49 - How to succeed in investing while being dead wrong 40% of the time
00:10:08 - Why market timing is one of the quickest ways to decrease returns
00:16:00 - The crucial connection of contrarianism and patience that Peter says makes a successful investor
00:19:57 - The significant differences in analyzing small businesses compared to larger businesses
00:23:14 - Why you should look to market pricing to find great opportunities and not to assess performance
00:32:57 - How you should treat stock tips
00:38:06 - 13 unconventional characteristics of outstanding investments
00:55:08 - Lynch's 6 investment types and why delineating them was important

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Friendly reminder - if you deal with a few banks, keep an eye out for any of their promo periods for new and existing customers re: high-interest savings accounts. As we all know ... interest hasn't been too great in recent years, but occasionally the HISAs can get up to 6%.

A few of the banks I deal with are currently in the 5.35 - 5.75% range until the end of November.

Just something to think about if you have money sitting around, or if you're keeping money in a HISA before putting it towards other forms of larger / longer-term investment(s).

Most of my stuff is in HISA, GIC, TFSA, and RRSP at the moment.

RoomService

BGOL Investor

Damn

COSM RAISES OVER $250 MILLION IN FUNDING TO EXPAND EXPERIENTIAL ENTERTAINMENT VENUES GLOBALLY​

Strategic growth round will accelerate Cosm's plans to scale its category-defining venues, technology sales, and media initiatives

LOS ANGELES, July 31, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Cosm, a leading immersive technology, media, and entertainment company, today announced the successful raise of over $250 million in funding to drive long-term growth of its "Shared Reality" venues as well as its technology and media business units.

Cosm's latest round of funding includes existing investor Steve Winn and Mirasol Capital and welcomes new investors Avenue Sports Fund led by Marc Lasry, Dan Gilbert's ROCK, Baillie Gifford, and David Blitzer's Bolt Ventures.

With the recent opening of its first venue in Los Angeles at Hollywood Park, Cosm will use the new capital to scale operational excellence, grow its robust technology and media business units, and accelerate the development of additional venues globally. Cosm's second venue is slated to open later this year in Dallas at Grandscape and the company last week announced the location of its third venue in Atlanta at Centennial Yards.

"Cosm was created to redefine the way the world experiences content, and over the past few years we have been building the foundation of the business and growing the team necessary to achieve that vision," said Jeb Terry, President and CEO of Cosm. "We've been establishing a robust portfolio of content partnerships with the NBA, UFC, ESPN, NBC Sports, Turner Sports, FOX Sports, Cirque du Soleil, content studios, artists, creators, and more. We've aligned with the real estate community, with three premium locations in North America and a fast-growing waitlist of developers interested in bringing Cosm to their cities. We've opened our first venue in Los Angeles to an overwhelmingly positive response from the local community and fans experiencing Shared Reality for the first time. Now, as Cosm continues to push boundaries, we are bringing on new financial partners, all of whom carry the strategic weight to match their investing acumen, providing invaluable insights and growth capital that will help us achieve our biggest vision and aggressively scale the business."

"We couldn't be more pleased with the progress that Jeb and his team have made launching Cosm in Hollywood Park," added Steve Winn, CEO of Mirasol Capital. "This is the culmination of five long years of research, development, and investment in a new form of experiential entertainment. Adding strategic and financial partners makes great sense to help fuel rapid expansion into other locations now that fans can experience the electrifying Cosm experience."

Cosm was founded in 2020 with the acquisition of Evans & Sutherland, one of the most innovative technology companies in the history of modern computer graphics, along with its subsidiary Spitz, Inc., and the subsequent follow-on acquisitions of LiveLikeVR (now Cosm Immersive) and C360. Today, the company draws on its collective 75-year experience in technological innovation to usher in the next generation of entertainment through Shared Reality – a category-defining experience that seamlessly bridges the virtual and physical worlds by merging state-of-the-art visuals with the energy and excitement of the crowd and elevated food and beverage service. At Cosm, fans feel like they are sitting courtside, inside the octagon, standing on the sidelines, or cheering from the front row at the most sought-after events from around the globe.

Programming at Cosm's venues include live sports offerings through official partnerships with the NBA, UFC, ESPN, NBC Sports, TNT Sports, and FOX Sports, which allow fans to experience live productions of UFC, English Premier League soccer, college football and basketball, the NBA, NHL, premium horse racing events, US Open Tennis, select U.S. Men's and Women's National Soccer Team matches, and more, all in Shared Reality.

In addition to live sports, Cosm's programming features art and entertainment experiences, including Cirque du Soleil's timeless production "O" and immersive projects from members of the Cosm Studios Creator Program, including award-winning new media artist Nancy Baker Cahill; filmmaker, director, and co-founder of Planetary Collective Guy Reid; renowned DJ and artist Chris Holmes; and acclaimed composer and new media artist Ricardo Romaneiro.

"Avenue Sports Fund is thrilled to invest in Cosm, which has built a special business on a base of innovative technology that allows for the reimagination of the live experience for sports programming and a range of entertainment offerings," said Marc Lasry, Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder of Avenue Capital Group. "There is a spectrum of growth opportunities before Cosm and we look forward to partnering with their team in realizing the broad promise of their unique ability to make fans feel like they have the best seat in the house at the most sought-after events taking place around the world."

"We place a great deal of emphasis on identifying and investing in innovation and technology that brings progress, new experience, or meets a very specific need to our world," said Dan Gilbert, Founder and Chairman of ROCK. "Cosm continues to redefine how consumers experience entertainment by merging the virtual and physical world in ways never imagined before. We know first-hand through our Rock Entertainment Group properties, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse how dynamic a positive, technology-based experience is to a customer. We look forward to working alongside the impressive team at Cosm to advance the impact we have on those who engage with sport and entertainment."

"Cosm venues are a new paradigm in live sports, music, and artistic entertainment," added Chris Evdaimon, Investment Manager at Baillie Gifford. "The mesmerizing viewing experience guarantees the Cosm customer the best seats in the arena and the best viewing angle at any moment of the live event, at an affordable ticket price. We see the potential for there to be a Cosm venue in every major US city in the coming years, and beyond."

Allen & Company LLC is serving as Cosm's financial advisor.

Cosm is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA with satellite offices in Dallas, TX, Salt Lake City, UT, Chadds Ford, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, New York, NY, and Gurugram, India.

About Cosm
Cosm is the leading experiential media and immersive technology company redefining the way the world experiences content. With a storied history of building some of the most innovative experience technology in the world, Cosm provides sensorial experiences for every type of fan, from sports and entertainment to immersive art and education. Its immersive venues bridge the virtual and physical worlds through pioneered technology that expands the realm of what's possible, connecting people and bringing them together in, what is called, Shared Reality. As the company continues to expand to new cities and countries, Cosm is sparking shared passions and providing guests across the globe with experiences they need to feel to believe. To learn more about Cosm, visit www.cosm.com and follow on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok.

Media Contact:

@havelcok @Madrox

Last edited: