Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Trump, and other company executives and insiders, are bound by lock-up agreements that have so far barred them from cashing in on their shares.

But the lock-ups are set to expire as soon as Sept. 20, at which point Trump may choose to start selling his shares.

Trump has given no indication that he plans to cash out once he is able to do so. But speculation has flared that he might, especially as Trump Media's latest earnings reports show it losing millions of dollars and generating little revenue.

If he does sell — or if he even appears likely to — investors could lose confidence in Trump Media, a situation the company's own regulatory filings have acknowledged.

Similar to other meme stocks, investing in Trump Media has come to be seen as a way for Trump's supporters to back him and bet on his chances of beating Democratic Vice President Kamala Harris in the presidential election.

.....this mf will unload all that shit Sept 20th.
i expect $DJT to be under $10 a share by then. i wouldnt be surprised if its down to $3 as it gets closer to that date.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Trump, and other company executives and insiders, are bound by lock-up agreements that have so far barred them from cashing in on their shares.

But the lock-ups are set to expire as soon as Sept. 20, at which point Trump may choose to start selling his shares.

Trump has given no indication that he plans to cash out once he is able to do so. But speculation has flared that he might, especially as Trump Media's latest earnings reports show it losing millions of dollars and generating little revenue.

If he does sell — or if he even appears likely to — investors could lose confidence in Trump Media, a situation the company's own regulatory filings have acknowledged.

Similar to other meme stocks, investing in Trump Media has come to be seen as a way for Trump's supporters to back him and bet on his chances of beating Democratic Vice President Kamala Harris in the presidential election.

.....this mf will unload all that shit Sept 20th.
i expect $DJT to be under $10 a share by then. i wouldnt be surprised if its down to $3 as it gets closer to that date.
What if it’s $3 a share by then?

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

While the 4% rule works best with a stock allocation between 50% and 75%, what about other asset allocations? If you have fewer than 50% in stocks or more than 75%, how do you determine your safe withdrawal rate?

In this video, I'll use two tools to show how you can estimate a safe withdrawal rate that matches your investment portfolio.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Did you finish this book? I heard good things about it.
Yup. Took me a while, but the book was really insightful as far as trying to find companies that compound long term.

Here are a few vid interviews with the author:

Again, this dude's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me, but he gives a long summary of Mayer's philosophy here:

GOLOPO

Potential Star
BGOL Investor

I bought one share of Nvidia a couple of years ago for $300. I'm not an investor. I looked this year, and it had split to 10, and now it's worth over $100 per share. I'm going to gamble and try to learn about how to make money with this one stock. I now own 59 shares and am not using scared money; I will buy at least ten shares monthly and cross my fingers. But I reserve the right to change my mind. I don't want to miss this gravy train if it becomes one.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I bought one share of Nvidia a couple of years ago for $300. I'm not an investor. I looked this year, and it had split to 10, and now it's worth over $100 per share. I'm going to gamble and try to learn about how to make money with this one stock. I now own 59 shares and am not using scared money; I will buy at least ten shares monthly and cross my fingers. But I reserve the right to change my mind. I don't want to miss this gravy train if it becomes one.
..along those lines, I think Fidelity did a study a few years back and found that the portfolios that did that best over a long period of time were those people who had forgotten about an account.. or had died. Sometimes investing in a good company or fund and just leaving it alone to grow, works out in the long run.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor

Speculated awhile back in this thread mainly in jest/disbelief.

Spinning off fabs would be unthinkable especially with chips act money... But here we are. $AMD spun off its fabs and while they've always been a smaller producer of chips, business seems to be doing ok. But it took time. Idk how Intel would accomplish this in the short/med term.

***Edit***. Adding details...

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
..along those lines, I think Fidelity did a study a few years back and found that the portfolios that did that best over a long period of time were those people who had forgotten about an account.. or had died. Sometimes investing in a good company or fund and just leaving it alone to grow, works out in the long run.

On a similar note - reminds me of CSBs.

My grandma used to buy them for family members occasionally as gifts. She'd be like - "Oh, I bought you a $500 bond."

Being young (pre-teens to say 20yo) you'd be like - "Oh thanks - I appreciate it" (but not really realize how much more it would be worth years later at high interest rates back then). I don't remember the specifics ... I do recall redeeming some 10 years later or so. They were worth quite a bit more - a very nice surprise.

On my own I was doing more of the 3, 5, and 7-year GIC investments. I did less of those when interest rates were garbage, but more in the past handful of years at 5.5 - 6% ...

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

JPMorgan warns 86 million customers they might have to start paying for their bank accounts​

Chase Bank customers could see some additional charges in the not too distant future.

The Wall Street Journal reports the country’s biggest retail bank is warning that it might begin charging customers for their accounts. That would impact some 86 million customers.

The potential charges, says Marianne Lake, CEO of Consumer & Community Banking at JPMorgan, are a result of new regulatory rules that cap overdraft and late fees. Kae says Chase will be passing along those increased expenses to customers, which would put an end to now-free services such as checking accounts and wealth-management tools. And she says she expects other banks will follow suit.

The threat of charging for once-free services isn’t a new one. Over a decade ago, many banks said they would add a service fee onto debit cards because of regulatory changes. Few actually did, though, as the feared a consumer revolt.

That could happen again, especially as consumers struggle with inflation and higher costs of living, but it’s not certain.

The new rules would cap credit card late payments at $8 and overdraft charges at $3. New capital rules would also require them to hod more reserves against mortgages and credit card loans, which could impact consumer loan potentials, banks warn.

“It is not practical for many of the services to be free if we won’t be able to draw from those profit pools,” Lake said.

Of course, whether those rules will go into effect could depend on the results of the November election. Donald Trump could strike them down or dilute them. And banks have brought lawsuits to prevent them from going into effect. Some of those cases are currently pending before judges.
Yeah I’m looking for a new bank right now just in case I need to deposit physical cash.
My bank is charging $12 a month if you don’t maintain a balance if $500. Truist

Last edited:

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor

Speculated awhile back in this thread mainly in jest/disbelief.

Spinning off fabs would be unthinkable especially with chips act money... But here we are. $AMD spun off its fabs and while they've always been a smaller producer of chips, business seems to be doing ok. But it took time. Idk how Intel would accomplish this in the short/med term.

***Edit***. Adding details...

1. Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger and other executives to present plans to trim down company
  2. CEO will present ideas at mid-September meeting,
  3. Plans could include selling Altera programmable chip unit, sources say
  4. Capital spending cuts may include German factory expected to cost $32 billion, source says
  5. Intel has retained Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs to advise on asset sales

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Invesco Sharpens Tech-Stock Concentration With ‘Mega’ QQQ Fund​

By Emily Graffeo
August 30, 2024 at 3:41PM EDT
FVYPWQI7VDKQTOAKQHRSYCHICA.jpg

The Invesco Ltd. headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. (Elijah Nouvelage/Bloomberg)
(Bloomberg) -- Invesco Ltd. is gearing up to launch an exchange-traded fund that would allow investors to get ultra-concentrated exposure to the largest technology stocks.

The Invesco Mega QQQ ETF, which will trade under the ticker “QBIG,” will seek to track the Nasdaq-100 Mega Index, which targets the top 45% of companies in the Nasdaq 100 by weight, according to the fund’s prospectus filing.

The index currently consists of Apple Inc., Microsoft Corp., Nvidia Corp., Broadcom Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Meta Platforms Inc., Tesla Inc., Costco Wholesale Corp. and Alphabet Inc.

“The fund is catering to those investors who purely want the top of the index - that’s clearly been a benefit, although comes with risks if those names falter,” said Todd Sohn, ETF strategist at Strategas.

The filing comes as more ETF issuers seek to ride the success of the largest stocks in the market, which have lead most of the gains this year. An Invesco ETF that tracks the top 50 stocks in the S&P 500 has outperformed their equal-weighted S&P 500 fund by roughly 11 percentage points year-to-date.

BlackRock earlier this month filed for funds that would track the top 30 stocks in the Nasdaq 100 and top 20 in the S&P 500. QBIG will hold approximately 6 to 15 stocks, the filing said.

Existing funds that take advantage of the big-tech concentration have been popular with investors. The Roundhill Magnificent Seven ETF (ticker MAGS) has seen its assets grow to around $673 million from $35 million at the start of the year.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Curry on cnbc endorsing Kamala, gotta give him credit for not using some cowardice reason about republicans buying his shoes too.
I just saw that interview... I swear that white chick reminds me of Angel Reese with her round eyes and eyelashes

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nvidia hit with subpoena from US Justice Department, Bloomberg News reports​

I just saw this.

Damn

The DOJ is working overtime today. It’s another big case of treason they are indicting people on.

Non investment related

Rah

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Invesco Sharpens Tech-Stock Concentration With ‘Mega’ QQQ Fund​

By Emily Graffeo
August 30, 2024 at 3:41PM EDT
FVYPWQI7VDKQTOAKQHRSYCHICA.jpg

The Invesco Ltd. headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. (Elijah Nouvelage/Bloomberg)
(Bloomberg) -- Invesco Ltd. is gearing up to launch an exchange-traded fund that would allow investors to get ultra-concentrated exposure to the largest technology stocks.

The Invesco Mega QQQ ETF, which will trade under the ticker “QBIG,” will seek to track the Nasdaq-100 Mega Index, which targets the top 45% of companies in the Nasdaq 100 by weight, according to the fund’s prospectus filing.

The index currently consists of Apple Inc., Microsoft Corp., Nvidia Corp., Broadcom Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Meta Platforms Inc., Tesla Inc., Costco Wholesale Corp. and Alphabet Inc.

“The fund is catering to those investors who purely want the top of the index - that’s clearly been a benefit, although comes with risks if those names falter,” said Todd Sohn, ETF strategist at Strategas.

The filing comes as more ETF issuers seek to ride the success of the largest stocks in the market, which have lead most of the gains this year. An Invesco ETF that tracks the top 50 stocks in the S&P 500 has outperformed their equal-weighted S&P 500 fund by roughly 11 percentage points year-to-date.

BlackRock earlier this month filed for funds that would track the top 30 stocks in the Nasdaq 100 and top 20 in the S&P 500. QBIG will hold approximately 6 to 15 stocks, the filing said.

Existing funds that take advantage of the big-tech concentration have been popular with investors. The Roundhill Magnificent Seven ETF (ticker MAGS) has seen its assets grow to around $673 million from $35 million at the start of the year.

I’ve made a pretty good amount of coin investing in the Qs. I’ll make a note of this for future action.