Arrow on CW

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
On the real... I honestly can’t believe that they have gone this long without Crowley but I completely agree... there is no way that they can end this show without my Man Crowley. He has been part of the show for so long.

I'm so pessimistic

Cause i KNEW the Lucifer cameo was coming despite all the misdirection

But i would have gladly gave that up for The real Lex Luthor Michael Rosenbaum to appear.

That to me will always be the black mark

Especially since he cool with ALL the actors producers and directors on the CW and still doing podcasts with them all.

It just dont make sense.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
On the real... I honestly can’t believe that they have gone this long without Crowley but I completely agree... there is no way that they can end this show without my Man Crowley. He has been part of the show for so long.

The no deathstoke on Arrow was quite glaring too

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I hear you but everyone has been brought to life on this show... I thought OG Bobby went out like a champ and they brought him back...

All the demons came back when the gates opened... I would love for them to find a way to bring him back for at least one or two episodes in the end ... like have them random come across Crowley running a hotel. Shit like that.

Boom...

This is supernatural they could EASILY bring him back...

They brought back mom AND DAD!!!!!

Crowley aint no challenge.

A spell by Rowena, time travel, alternative dimension, GOD

They just need to DO it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You know, Crowley is probably my most missed character from Supernatural. It felt like his departure was premature.
Plus, before Lauren Cohan went to The Walking Dead, I always wanted them to bring back her Bela Talbot character. She had a cool character arch. She had both of the boys sprung. I thought they would bring her back as a Crossroads demon, since she made so many deals on the show and sold people out so quick. It would have been dope.

But yeah, Arrow was all fan service. The CW's linking of shows has been showing how it can be done. The Titans' cameo in Crisis was dope as fuck. Almost as dope as the Flashes meeting each other. They even threw in Lucifer and Constantine. Only Swamp Thing was missing.
Gotdamn that Juliana Harkavy! Dinah is fuckin' beautiful! I also noticed how different Katie Cassidy looks since she started. She looks a lot better now with the short blonde hair.
Fuck the spinoff. I see that going the way of Supergirl and Batwoman - feminist propaganda. I can't even watch Supergirl anymore. Its so PC, I want to puke every time they speak. Pure propaganda. The only thing good about that show is Jon Cryer as Lex.

I hear you...

But Supergirl might have had one of the the best comeback season of all the seasons

They made Martian Manhunter became the best tv father figure since Joe West

The storylines with the Legion incorporated superman new Luthor

Ok i understand the other stuff trust me...

But the BIGGEST FAILURE was the Lana story line is just garbage

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Have to disagree about Supergirl.... the show really came into its own last season with the Manchester Black and Sons of Liberty stories... last season was great showcase of her going against the MAGA crowd. I was also worried because once I heard the Dreamer announcement I thought it jumped the shark and I didn’t even watch the shit until it hit Netflix... but once I started it.. I had to watch the entire season and this season (excluding the Lena shit) has been on point..

Batwoman has been better then I originally thought.. but right now I feel like it would do better if it added some more consistent villains to the story and sprinkle in Alice instead of showing her every episode. I do like how they are making her out to be Kate’s Joker.. but less is more.

They really need less Alice...

They could learn alot from Gotham.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah they have depowered this Superman so much that I just can’t respect him...

I mean dude let Kara handle all the big shit and when he tried to join in... he would get whooped. Supergirl has been shown to be more powerful then him on multiple occasions... plus Lex is killing it on Supergirl. And she has Brainiac on her show..

So I just don’t see the treats for him to fight.. the only way this would work is if it’s a prequel.

^^^^^

I had a writer's debate on the board about how i felt it was difficult to write for SUPER DUPER POWERED characters like Superman

Cause villians have to be so damn powerful and on tv the budgets have to handle the powers

Look how legends couldn't handle Firestorm a character whose power was damn near unrivaled

I think they HAVE TO depower Superman a little.

But at the same time they have handled supergirl powers so well...

I dont know

Although during crisis supergirl with super vision smell hearing lost Lex in the woods.

I'm going to wait and see, cause all in all supergirl has been very consistent.

TheProdigal

Invincible under the sun
Registered
Yeah they have depowered this Superman so much that I just can’t respect him...

I mean dude let Kara handle all the big shit and when he tried to join in... he would get whooped. Supergirl has been shown to be more powerful then him on multiple occasions... plus Lex is killing it on Supergirl. And she has Brainiac on her show..

So I just don’t see the treats for him to fight.. the only way this would work is if it’s a prequel.
I think supes would be okay on his own show. The only thing is that the writers of supergirl arent that great so the only way they can see to build her up is to tear him down and have give his comic shit to her like the legion basing themselves off her. Cryers okay but i prefer michael rosenbaums much more serious and less comic relief style lex. But a michael rosenbaum lex would utterly destroy them all cause there not really all that smart. Also shave the damn beard man..

They really need less Alice...

They could learn alot from Gotham.
Awesome villains should always be reoccuring coming in sparingly and at pivitol moments. But damn seems like alice is part of the main cast in every episode.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think supes would be okay on his own show. The only thing is that the writers of supergirl arent that great so the only way they can see to build her up is to tear him down and have give his comic shit to her like the legion basing themselves off her. Cryers okay but i prefer michael rosenbaums much more serious and less comic relief style lex. But a michael rosenbaum lex would utterly destroy them all cause there not really all that smart. Also shave the damn beard man..

Wow

This is first criticism of cryer i have seen

But i am also a huge fan of OG Lex

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well didnt mean it as much as a cricism. I liked him and he was really good for supergirl. I just love rosenbaums lex.

100% agree

That whole crisis didn't seem right without him

The writers knew it too

When Clark looked Cryer up and down and said basically

Your not my Lex

He was speaking for the entire audience

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
^^^^^

I had a writer's debate on the board about how i felt it was difficult to write for SUPER DUPER POWERED characters like Superman

Cause villians have to be so damn powerful and on tv the budgets have to handle the powers

Look how legends couldn't handle Firestorm a character whose power was damn near unrivaled

I think they HAVE TO depower Superman a little.

But at the same time they have handled supergirl powers so well...

I dont know

Although during crisis supergirl with super vision smell hearing lost Lex in the woods.

I'm going to wait and see, cause all in all supergirl has been very consistent.

The problem is that they de powered Superman to be less powerful then Supergirl.
Initially my problem with Supergirl in Season 1.... was damn no matter the world issue ... Superman is out there to save everything.. So why should we care.

That lasted through Season 2.. until they finally introduced Superman.... then they introduce dude and he can't do the shit that Supergirl can do. She is the real champion.. So he left the earth to have a child.

So what happens now to him... back on Earth. I love the actor that is playing him, but on the Real... Brandon Routh showed during Crisis that the dude really needs another shot at Superman.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The problem is that they de powered Superman to be less powerful then Supergirl.
Initially my problem with Supergirl in Season 1.... was damn no matter the world issue ... Superman is out there to save everything.. So why should we care.

That lasted through Season 2.. until they finally introduced Superman.... then they introduce dude and he can't do the shit that Supergirl can do. She is the real champion.. So he left the earth to have a child.

So what happens now to him... back on Earth. I love the actor that is playing him, but on the Real... Brandon Routh showed during Crisis that the dude really needs another shot at Superman.

Do NOT get me started on Routh Superman

Please someone let that man do a mini series for CW SEED or something as Supes.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Well didnt mean it as much as a cricism. I liked him and he was really good for supergirl. I just love rosenbaums lex.

Problem is that CW just wasn't going to pay Michael what he wanted.

Michael performance as Lex was my top pick of Live Action Lex.. until Jon Cryer jumped in. Jon reminds me of Justice League lex and I've always felt that Justice League is the definitive version of Lex. The best Lex is the Lex where you can't tell what the plan is.... The Lex that is 5 steps ahead of you on everything... Yet always feels like he is the Hero the world needs.

Michael changed the game because he showed the gradually downfall of Lex. It took alot to make an audience care for a character that you know will end up as Superman's greatest villian.

TheProdigal

Invincible under the sun
Registered
100% agree

That whole crisis didn't seem right without him

The writers knew it too

When Clark looked Cryer up and down and said basically

Your not my Lex

He was speaking for the entire audience
Well if they didnt extend a half ass olive branch he wouldve prob been in the episode.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well if they didnt extend a half ass olive branch he wouldve prob been in the episode.

The rumor was it was over money.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Problem is that CW just wasn't going to pay Michael what he wanted.

Michael performance as Lex was my top pick of Live Action Lex.. until Jon Cryer jumped in. Jon reminds me of Justice League lex and I've always felt that Justice League is the definitive version of Lex. The best Lex is the Lex where you can't tell what the plan is.... The Lex that is 5 steps ahead of you on everything... Yet always feels like he is the Hero the world needs.

Michael changed the game because he showed the gradually downfall of Lex. It took alot to make an audience care for a character that you know will end up as Superman's greatest villian.

Well said very well said.

But i feel it could NOT have been just money.

I aint counting nobody pockets

But if Clark and Ollie asked you personally to come to the party?

These are supposedly your BROTHERS?

You really gonna say no over some change?

And the exposure is great for his brand too.

Sidebar...

Why wasn't the smallville green Arrow who is on this is us make an appearance

Hell i would have sideways mentioned Chole!

Hold on was Jimmy olsen in on this crisos or the legion of superheroes?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
DIG014369_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I still want an Ollie Dig version of THIS.

@fonzerrillii

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

That was something that we’ve been working our way towards for a good long time now. I think for maybe about a year, year-and-a-half we’ve known that this was a moment we’re going to be able to do, and it made sense to do it in the finale because my attitude is that even though the show ends, as long as the characters are alive the characters continue on. One of the things we wanted to do with the finale was give you a sense as to what their post-show trajectories would be. And certainly, Diggle’s is probably the most intriguing.

That I can’t really speak to because this moment was, like a lot of things, a sort of negotiation with the powers that be about, ‘Okay, what exactly can we show? How far can we take this?’ I think it’s probably best. To me, the bets approach was to let the moment speak for itself and we’ll sort of see where the future takes us.

I don’t know what that means. But he does go to Metropolis, and he got a green box. We’ll still see, believe it or not. We’ll find out.

After The Citizen prints an explosive story, Iris's (Candice Patton) life is threatened. Refusing to hide from those that are attacking her, Iris sets out to expose a dangerous organization. Meanwhile, Barry (Grant Gustin) must face the consequences of the Crisis and fulfill Oliver Queen's wish for him.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Arrow’ Series Finale Imports A Major DC Superhero Into The CW
By Geoff Boucher
Geoff Boucher
Genre Editor
@geoffboucherMore Stories By Geoff
January 28, 2020 8:35pm
1COMMENTS
Colin Bentley/CW
SPOILER WARNING: This article reveals major plot points from tonight’s series finale of Arrow on The CW.
The Green Arrow is dead. Long live…the Green Lantern?
The 170th and last episode of The CW’s Arrow aired on Tuesday night with a misty farewell to the late Oliver Queen, the stolid bowman played by Stephen Amell for eight seasons on the linchpin show of the so-called Arrowverse. That’s the name of the shared continuity that links The CW’s still-growing list of DC Comics adaptations and, after Tuesday night’s swan song episode, there’s at least a possibility that list might someday include the wielder of glowing green power ring of undreamed power.

ar810b_0438b.jpg

CW
A late scene in the finale episode show’s grieving buddy, John Diggle (portrayed by David Ramsey since the show’s 2012 pilot), flattened by the thunderous impact of a compact object that gouged into the ground near the stunned ex-military man. In the crater is an unscathed box and inside of it an emerald ring.

RELATED STORY
CW Exec Rick Haskins Upped To President, Streaming & Chief Branding Officer
200127-david-ramsey-arrow.jpg

Presumably, that special piece of jewelry is the power ring worn by Green Lantern in the pages of DC Comics. Diggle’s backstory doesn’t mesh with traditional DC mythology regarding the various heroes that have worn the Green Lantern ring but Ramsey’s resemblance to the John Stewart version of the hero has stirred speculation of a superimposed version of the emerald avenger.
DC Comics
Diggle has been Oliver’s trusted confidante and, for a time, Oliver’s substitute when Diggle took on the guise of the Green Arrow to protect Star City. Oliver send the gift from the Great Beyond? Here’s what showrunner Marc Guggenheim tells Deadline about the cryptic scene.
“That was something that we’ve been working our way towards for a good long time now. I think for maybe about a year, year-and-a-half we’ve known that this was a moment we’re going to be able to do, and it made sense to do it in the finale because my attitude is that even though the show ends, as long as the characters are alive the characters continue on. One of the things we wanted to do with the finale was give you a sense as to what their post-show trajectories would be. And certainly, Diggle’s is probably the most intriguing.”
Deadline
Is this Green Lantern affiliated with the intergalactic Green Lantern Corps.? Will Diggle wear the costume associated with the classic space-faring version of the hero?

header.jpg
SPONSORED BY CAPITALONE.COMSponsored Video
SEE MORE

“That I can’t really speak to because this moment was, like a lot of things, a sort of negotiation with the powers that be about, ‘Okay, what exactly can we show? How far can we take this?’ I think it’s probably best. To me, the bets approach was to let the moment speak for itself and we’ll sort of see where the future takes us.”
Green Lantern made it to live-action television once before — that was back in 1979 on the campy NBC television special Legend of Super-Heroes. That was the Hal Jordan version of the character, the same one that Ryan Reynolds portrayed in Green Lantern (2011), the live-action Warner Bros. feature film that Guggenheim co-scripted with Greg Berlanti, Michael Green, Michael Goldenberg.
The John Stewart version of the Green Lantern was first introduced in the pages of DC Comics in 1971. The character was the first African-American superhero depicted in any DC Comics adventure. Stewart’s biggest showcase to date was in the animated television adventures of the Justice League.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Arrow: What Are The Chances That Diggle Becomes Green Lantern?

MAY. 14. 2015 7:52 AM

Spoilers for the Arrow Season 3 finale “My Name Is Oliver Queen” are ahead! Check out one of our other articles if you don't want to be spoiled.

Oliver Queen and Team Arrow were mostly successful in defeating Ra’s al Ghul last night on the Arrow Season 3 finale, but it didn’t come without a cost. After being lied to by his best friend, Diggle put his friendship/bromance with Oliver on hold, and it’s doubtful their relationship will ever be the same. Fortunately, Diggle still seems open to fighting crime, which led to Oliver suggesting that he start wearing a mask to protect his identity. It will be awhile until we see what’s next for Diggle, but is it possible that Diggle may end up becoming Arrow’s Green Lantern, an idea that’s been circulating for awhile now?

For those of you who have been out of the loop, earlier this year, there was speculation online about whether Diggle would eventually become the ring-slinging hero, more specifically the DC TV universe’s version of John Stewart. Actor David Ramsey admitted that it had been discussed in the writer’s room, but nothing went beyond that. Not long after, executive producer Marc Guggenheim stated that plans for Diggle don’t involve a power ring. Of course, plans can always change, and Diggle will definitely be moving closer to dressing like your average superhero. Today, Ramsey confirmed to Comicbook.com that the Arrow team is working on a mask or some either type of concealment for Season 4, so Diggle won’t be keeping his face exposed when fighting the bad guys anymore. However, does this mean that this is the first step towards Diggle eventually becoming Green Lantern on Arrow? Due to the aforementioned information, it's unlikely.

For one thing, Diggle’s going to be busy in Season 4 dealing with H.I.V.E., the super villain organization who hired Deadshot to kill his brother Andy before the series started. Instead of making him a superhero, the show is going to put him through the wringer emotionally by facing the people who took his brother way from him for an unknown reason, so big character developing moments are coming.

Another big problem is that so far Arrow or The Flash haven’t delved into the world of aliens, which is key to the Green Lantern mythos. Obviously that could be remedied in future seasons (especially if Supergirl ends up being a part of this universe), but until that happens, we can’t have that green ring choosing Diggle for his ability to overcome fear. Fortunately, The Flash dropped a Hal Jordan Easter Egg during this week’s episode (the Ferris Air test pilot that disappeared), so it’s possible there are some Green Lantern goodies on the way.

Most importantly, the writers (as well as most of the fans) should realize that Diggle’s appeal isn’t that he has the potential to become a superhero, but because he serves as the everyman of Arrow. Among all these costumed and superpowered crimefighters and villains, Diggle has always been the normal guy who is dealing with these unusual situations in as normal a way as possible. He’s not putting on a leather costume or using trick arrows, he’s just wearing normal clothing and shooting criminals with a standard handgun. If you give him powers or make him extraordinary in any way, you take away part of what makes him special. Diggle has proven himself a valued member of the show through his badass attitude, impressive combat skills and being the voice of reason in Team Arrow. These are his biggest talents.

Even though the Arrow folks haven’t revealed yet what will happen with Diggle or the rest of the team for Season 4, it’s safe to say that big things are in store for Team Arrow’s second-oldest member. And hey, there’s always the possibility that if Arrow may change course one of these days and give him a power ring if it works with the story they’re telling. For now, though, we should expect Diggle to remain grounded amidst all these superhero antics.

97edf3e41fae34cb676226c050dc5c36630bc362ac02836457d116ab4417e35a.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

green-lantern-arrow-scene.jpg

GREEN LANTERN ARROW SCENE OFFERS BRIGHTEST DAY FOR DIGGLE
Matt McGloinPosted: 01/28/2020 - 22:5513 Comments

Confirming the Green Lantern Arrow spoilers from earlier, now the episode has aired offering perhaps a brightest day for John Diggle.
David Ramsey as Diggle narrates the ending where, as he gets ready to move to Metropolis (Crisis merged the Tyler Hoechlin Superman and Supergirl universe and all The CW DC characters into one Earth) he sees something fall from the sky, which blasts him back. Diggle gets up and it's a green glowing box; however, the Green Lantern ring is never shown, just as the spoilers described, and nothing is said and Diggle is never shown as a member of the Green Lantern Corps.

Aside from the green light, the only hint it's Green Lantern related is when Diggle says in regards to the death of Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen: "Because if the past eight years have shown us anything, is that this universe is far bigger than any of us could have dared imagine... even if it is a little less bright without him in it."
Watch the scene below.
WB probably didn't let John Diggle become Green Lantern
If I had to guess, I'm guessing Warner Bros. never let the Arrowverse use Green Lantern, even though the character has been hinted at many times in the various series: From Ferris Air, to mention of a pilot, to Elseworld's seeing the Flash of Earth-90 remarking to Diggle, "Hello, John... You are not wearing your ring," to Diggle's stepfather being named General Roy Stewart.

While teased, Green Lantern never appeared in the series and didn't do so in the Arrow series finale as well. It's more or less a nice nod to fans.
Regarding why Green Lantern wasn't allowed to be used, we know there have been plans in place for movies and TV series, as the Green Lantern HBO Max series was recently announced. Geoff Johns has also been supposedly developing a GL movie with Hal Jordan and John Stewart, as it's listed on his production website, and I've been told J.J. Abrams wants to tackle Green Lantern as well.

Of course, there is also the fact that the 2011 movie starring Ryan Reynolds bombed big time, so the live-action version of the character has been placed on the backburner ever since. The Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover did tease Green Lantern, as I revealed over the Summer that Crisis would be connect everything DC including the movies, TV and streaming services, especially with the upcoming launch of HBO Max. What's unclear is if that Crisis appearance is referencing the Ryan Reynolds movie or the HBO Max series. WB obviously also put the kibosh on Ramsey suiting up as GL for Crisis.

It's also doubtful that David Ramsey will be suiting up for the HBO Max series, as it's also guessed the HBO Max series is all-new and original and not a part of the Arrowverse. Ramsey recently said he's excited about the Green Lantern HBO Max series.
I suppose since Diggle is moving to Metropolis there could always be a shot of seeing Diggle appear in the new Tyler Hoechlin Superman & Lois series that is coming to The CW, so there is that.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Arrow’s Series Finale Originally Had A Lot More Felicity
JAN. 29. 2020 7:36 AM

Warning! Spoilers ahead for the Arrow series finale, “Fadeout,” so be sure to watch before reading on.

Arrow’s series finale tied up some loose plot strings and brought back a lot of people that were important to Oliver Queen’s life and journey as the Green Arrow. One of the most important returns, of course, was that of Emily Bett Rickards’ Felicity Smoak, who was last seen in the Season 7 finale. Felicity’s comeback was a sight for longing eyes across parts of the fandom, and Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim revealed that the original finale plan actually had a lot more Felicity involved.
“Fadeout,” which provided its fair share of wish fulfillment, took place a month after the events of mega-crossover “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” which saw Oliver sacrifice himself and help rebirth a new multiverse. Back in Star City, Felicity returned to say her "final" goodbyes and help rescue young William. However, Marc Guggenheim says the original plan was for Felicity to appear in the flashback scenes as well, alongside Oliver and Diggle. Here’s his reasoning for why there was less of Felicity than originally intended:

No, we actually got less. We got less. We write everything without regard to scheduling, and without regard to budget — our ADs and our line producer can speak to that! — because we always want the story to come first. And then we make scheduling tomorrow’s problem. So we basically wrote as much Felicity as we wanted to, with one exception. The original plan for the flashback story was that it would take place sometime around the aftermath of [Episode] 114, which is after Felicity learns of Oliver’s secret and basically joins Oliver and Diggle in the Arrow bunker, but we were only able to get Emily for two days. Something had to fall out, and that became the flashback story, unfortunately. But in terms of the present-day story, we were able to schedule everything. It wasn’t easy to schedule — we had to do what’s called a ‘company move’ in the middle of one of the days to make it all happen — but we did it, and that’s what matters.

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up below to receive our weekly email with the best content about movies, news and television from the team at CinemaBlend

That pesky scheduling! I’m sure fans would not have opposed seeing more of Felicity, but it’s understandable that Emily Bett Rickards' availability and logistics got in the way of that. I was just happy that she was able to come back at all because it would have been strange for Arrow to end without one of its core characters there to say goodbye.

While Felicity was largely around in the present day, “Fadeout” does end with the continuation of her meeting The Monitor from the Season 7 finale, when he takes her to see Oliver in the afterlife. It may have taken 20 years for the two lovers to be reunited, but it was a happy ending of sorts for the couple nonetheless.
Speaking to TVLine, Marc Guggenheim says he conceived Oliver and Felicity’s reunion scene while meditating, and that the Arrow series finale delivered on the final scene “almost word for word.” It’s nice to know that the reunion didn’t have to be reworked due to scheduling and what not, and was filmed as planned.

Though Arrow is over, there are plenty of superhero shows left to watch in The CW’s Arrow-verse — The Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, and Black Lightning — and they’ll all be exploring a post-“Crisis” life for the remainder of their respective seasons. And we're already going to be seeing David Ramsey's Diggle again very soon when he appears on The Flash. (But will he have that emerald ring?)
Also, keep an eye out for Superman & Lois, which was ordered to series by The CW. For more on what to watch elsewhere, be sure to check out our 2020 midseason schedule for updated premiere times and dates.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Arrow Series Finale: Did Oliver Queen Get A Happy Ending Or Not?
JAN. 28. 2020 7:49 PM

Spoilers ahead for the Arrow series finale on The CW, called "Fadeout."

Arrow is over. The founding series of the Arrow-verse pulled out all the stops for its series finale, which brought back characters ranging from the long-dead like Tommy Merlyn and Moira Queen to the previously villainous like Emiko to even the heroes of the other Arrow-verse series with Sara, Barry, and Kara in attendance. The biggest return however, was Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, and it was Felicity who finally reunited with Oliver in the final moments of the series. But was it a totally happy ending?
The end of "Fadeout" revisited Felicity's scene with The Monitor from the Season 7 finale, which evidently still happened despite the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" changes that made the hellish Star City 2040 of Season 7 flash-forwards into the peaceful Star City 2040 of the Green Arrow & the Canaries backdoor pilot. Despite The Monitor's warning that there would be no coming back from where they were going, Felicity was sure that she was ready to reunite with her husband after 20 years of separation. So, off they went to the "afterlife," as Felicity call it!

Which Spectre-Oliver designed to look just like his mom's office from Queen Consolidated. With husband and wife joyously back together, Oliver shared that he'd chosen his mom's office as the layout for their reunion because that was the first place he'd ever seen Felicity. No, it wasn't down in the IT department, where Felicity made her first chronological appearance on the show, but when Oliver spotted the blonde IT girl babbling to herself during his flashback journey to Starling City circa Season 3.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up below to receive our weekly email with the best content about movies, news and television from the team at CinemaBlend

It made for a very romantic final scene of the series, and what these characters (and Olicity fans) deserved. Oliver was rewarded for his years of struggles, pain, and heartbreak by getting to be with Felicity again, and Felicity's patience and yearning paid off as she got to be with her husband again. The happy couple was last seen in Moira's office, and the camera zoomed out to show the building still labeled "Queen Consolidated" and Star City looking complete and untroubled.

On the one hand, of course that's a happy ending! The epic romance of Arrow didn't end in tragedy, and our last memories of Oliver and Felicity don't have to be Oliver dying for the second time in "Crisis" and Felicity crying at Oliver's funeral. Oliver was looking happy and unburdened, and Felicity was even back in her ponytail and glasses combo.
Everybody else's lives went on, with Diggle seemingly headed in a Green Lantern direction, Mia and the Canaries potentially getting their spinoff (and hopefully rescuing adult William!), and Rene becoming mayor of Star City, to name only some of the developments. Not a gloomy ending for the darkest Arrow-verse show, right?

On the other hand, the ending for Oliver and Felicity looked an awful lot like they were the only two people who existed in their afterlife. The shot of Star City didn't show crowds of people or cars moving or pretty much any activity. Oliver and Felicity genuinely looked like the only people in their own little world.
Although that is very romantic and I'm sure they'd enjoy just being with each other for a while after so much time and so much weirdness keeping them apart, it also strikes me as very lonely and kind of sad. Epic love story aside, Oliver and Felicity also had friends other than each other. They got to interact with people. It's not like either one of them is likely to die in the afterlife. And is there more to this place than Star City? Does their eternity consist of just the two of them in an empty world with nothing ever changing?

I like to think that this afterlife will slowly be populated by the people who knew and loved Oliver and Felicity and would want to reunite with them when their time comes to die, so Oliver and Felicity will just have their world to themselves until others are ready to join them. That leaves me a little more at peace than imagining them alone in an empty world together literally forever or imagining them in a world full of versions of their loved ones that Spectre-Oliver created.
So, was this a happy ending? I would say that this was definitely a happy ending in the short term, with a potentially not-so-happy future. We'll likely never know, so my admittedly depressing theories shouldn't bum anybody out. At this point, whatever happens for Oliver and Felicity after the final credits rolled is up to viewers to decide for themselves unless the Arrow-verse reveals otherwise. Despite my depressing theories, I'm choosing to imagine a genuine happily-ever-after for these two deserving characters.

Arrow may be over, but the Arrow-verse continues on The CW. The universe founded by Oliver Queen currently consists of The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Batwoman, and post-"Crisis" Black Lightning. A Superman/Lois Lane series is on the way, and the Green Arrow & the Canaries spinoff could happen. For some viewing options now that Arrow is done for good, swing by our 2020 winter and spring premiere schedule.