Big Pun’s friends/family flame Fat Joe for absence from street naming ceremony

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I wish he went but I completely understand why he didn't

Fat Joe should have "maybe" informed the family he wasn't coming?

MAYBE?

So if he goes and Pun widow makes a scene? How that respecting the dead?

If Joe goes and she doesn't make a scene?

then that shows that they could have made peace BEFORE this WITHOUT a crowd and cameras.

I don't know.

Why everyone so concerned with the SHOW instead of truly honoring that man's life?

Last edited:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why the fuck they complaining for? They don't even like Joe so shit they just crying just to be crying.

How this woman-beating cat get a street in this the age of metoo!?!
Man I was gonna say the same shit how the hell he get a street? And while these people fight9ing they gonna fuck around and dig that video up of him hitting his wife that's out there. Me Too don't give a fuck if you alive or not lol.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wonder why the woman who claims he almost beat her to death would WANT to attend a naming ceremony in his honor?

And if she does?

Why does SHE care who else attends or NOT?
I mean at the end of the day it was her husband so abuse or not its her kids father so I expect her there. I'm not sure why they care if Fat Joe was there or not if they clearly have issues with him.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor

Always got love for Joe and his contributions to hip hop, but I’m inclined to believe what Cuban and the family are saying before Joe. Pun always felt like Joe’s meal ticket from afar and maybe that was the case. Family don’t backlash like this unless it’s some other shit going on.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I Remember dude had some hype around him at one point I don't hear nothing about him no more was his name Chris Rivers?
He has the same lyrical dexterity his dad had. He does the "lyrical,metaphysical, spiritual " bullshit sometimes but the fact that talent Pun had is soooooooo obviously a part of him is crazy. It's like if Marcus Jordan had his dad's skill.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Always got love for Joe and his contributions to hip hop, but I’m inclined to believe what Cuban and the family are saying before Joe. Pun always felt like Joe’s meal ticket from afar and maybe that was the case. Family don’t backlash like this unless it’s some other shit going on.

Well I'll say this...without knowing them personally on the outside looking in....I feel like there was always going to be a issue because Pun died so early in his rap career. How many albums did he sell? I know Capital Punishment went platinum....families tend to want to continue to cash out off of these rappers in death but how much money is there left to profit off of Pun when he dropped one album alive and dropped I believe 2 after death? Its been 20+ years. I feel like the family feels Joe still owes Pun and his family since he's gone on to make millions for himself and they feel that's because of Pun.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He has the same lyrical dexterity his dad had. He does the "lyrical,metaphysical, spiritual " bullshit sometimes but the fact that talent Pun had is soooooooo obviously a part of him is crazy. It's like if Marcus Jordan had his dad's skill.

Yeah I was just listening to this :

That's his dad's delivery like a muthafucka.....Pun had the ability to craft a hit record with lyrical ability...tough as hell to do.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I mean at the end of the day it was her husband so abuse or not its her kids father so I expect her there. I'm not sure why they care if Fat Joe was there or not if they clearly have issues with him.

I hear you...

I don't agree with I the EXPECT her there part though

I would completely understand after going on radio, YouTube, writing a book, doing a documentary and numerous social media posts detailing how not only did Pun abuse her but that his industry friends KNEW about it , covered it up and then accused Fat Joe of messing with the money?

That she would be well within her rights to not attend but also not expect Fat Joe to attend.

Just saying.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I've always loved Pun.

His family ain't shit. Wife is Bronx gutter trash.

I'm team Joe Crack regarding this. I believe his word against theirs.

WTF, is he supposed to show up like everything is good after all these years of them bashing him?

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm a Pun fan he was a beast and he was that dude to push things to the next level....He wasn't scared to say he was BLACK.

As far as Joe goes he's said things over the years that can be questioned and I've just chalked it up to him lying so he can seem more relevant than he really is a 90's artist who is still around in 2021 says a lot.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that shit is gonna carry on til Joe is on his death bed.
there was a lot of animosity after Pun passed and Joe was the only one from the squad eatin....
they aint like that.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
OK so what if folk said they did NOT attend the naming ceremony BECAUSE she told them he was beating her for years?

What would she say to that?

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have heard Fat Joe say he was black too.

What are you talking about in your 2nd paragraph exactly?

I'm a Pun fan he was a beast and he was that dude to push things to the next level....He wasn't scared to say he was BLACK.

As far as Joe goes he's said things over the years that can be questioned and I've just chalked it up to him lying so he can seem more relevant than he really is a 90's artist who is still around in 2021 says a lot.

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You haven't been around to many families have you? Look at Bryan Mcknight and Kirk Franklin or Dez Bryant or the Jacksons. Family will bring you down quick and just because they are family doesn't mean they aren't ignorant as hell and leeches and gold digging ungrateful muhhfuccas.

If these folks out celebrating a dude who to my knowledge hadn't done shit for the community before he passed and beat women with baseball bats then their minds are obviously misplaced.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Well I'll say this...without knowing them personally on the outside looking in....I feel like there was always going to be a issue because Pun died so early in his rap career. How many albums did he sell? I know Capital Punishment went platinum....families tend to want to continue to cash out off of these rappers in death but how much money is there left to profit off of Pun when he dropped one album alive and dropped I believe 2 after death? Its been 20+ years. I feel like the family feels Joe still owes Pun and his family since he's gone on to make millions for himself and they feel that's because of Pun.
That’s a fair point. I can def see that without them outrightly saying so, although now that I think of it, I think Liza Rios did mention that Joe owes the family so who knows. I do agree with Pun’s sister though and that, regardless of what the situation was, you a grown ass man and can put all that down to show love to the person you claim is your brother. No matter how much things went left, he shoulda been there. That’s very questionable to me.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have heard Fat Joe say he was black too.

What are you talking about in your 2nd paragraph exactly?
Correct....now as far as the second part Joe has been caught saying shit like this "I was there when Biggie died...Terror Quad was in the building deep","Me and Biggie was going to do a duet album together...","Me and Pac was close when he went to jail Pac called on me and TS to protect him on Rikers Island..."....some of it is like Really Joe,all these years and no one mentioned Joe Crack at all when it came to those two artist.So sometimes I think Joe stretches the truth so the younger generation can look at him a certain way and he can kinda stay in the loop.

Joe gets respect but we all know Fat Joe with the Flow was an ok rapper he didn't heat up til other people started writing for him and he stepped up his production to get on the radio.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Correct....now as far as the second part Joe has been caught saying shit like this "I was there when Biggie died...Terror Quad was in the building deep","Me and Biggie was going to do a duet album together...","Me and Pac was close when he went to jail Pac called on me and TS to protect him on Rikers Island..."....some of it is like Really Joe,all these years and no one mentioned Joe Crack at all when it came to those two artist.So sometimes I think Joe stretches the truth so the younger generation can look at him a certain way and he can kinda stay in the loop.

Joe gets respect but we all know Fat Joe with the Flow was an ok rapper he didn't heat up til other people started writing for him and he stepped up his production to get on the radio.

I hear you

but NO ONE in those close circles Outlawz, JR Mafia Puff etc etc EVER call Fat Joe a liar

NONE

in fact it usually gets CONFIRMED with leaked tracks and co signs

So until someone says he is a liar and PROVES it?

I can't ever say Joe just out here spinning fairy tales.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I hear you

but NO ONE in those close circles Outlawz, JR Mafia Puff etc etc EVER call Fat Joe a liar

NONE

in fact it usually gets CONFIRMED with leaked tracks and co signs

So until someone says he is a liar and PROVES it?

I can't ever say Joe just out here spinning fairy tales.
Yep!

All these years, not one person, outside of Cuban Link and Liza Rios ever called Joe a liar.

No one in the industry called him out. All these years after, you would think at least one person would have come out against Joe.

Even 50, who dissed Joe, squashed his beef with Fat Joe.

Joe MAY embellish his stories a little bit, but I'll take his word over most, especially over Pun's survivors.

Pun died 21 years ago man....what have they done since?

Joe and Busta are two artists who have damn near seen it all and who's stories and experiences in the industry I'd trust over most other artists.

Last edited:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok. I dig it 100%. I thought you were talking specially about him not showing up to Pun's thing.

Yes. Rappers who I think be lying: Fat Joe, Dame Dash, Game, Camron, Jim Jones, Nore, Ray J, Soulja Boy, Drake, Meek Mill, Rick Ross, and Diddy.

I be knowing niggas like this who be cousins with everyone, they was there from the beginning of everything and shit like that.