Black Adam movie gets a release date of July 29, 2022. (Dwayne Johnson, The Rock )

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah it is very weird that DC is not connecting this to Shazam and the fact that Shazam is a complete clown.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Honestly it's what I always expected especially after the first trailer

Going to support though.

I think it will do fine

Can someone please bookmark all the dudes on here who said this gonna do black panther numbers?
non stop action and humor...

with a better release date it could have been up there

Same goes for bp2 - these should have been spring dates

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
non stop action and humor...

with a better release date it could have been up there

Same goes for bp2 - these should have been spring dates

I gotta see it first but that is always what I expected from the Rock with this

Black Panther to me at least is release date proof.

It don't matter cuz.

It's gonna do numbers

Wakanda Forever

Oh you best believe that.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
‘Black Adam’ Review: Dwayne Johnson’s Superhero Debut Is Another Catastrophe for DC’s Film Universe

The question that “Black Adam” poses is a simple one: What happens when Hollywood’s most risk-averse movie star collides with Hollywood’s most risk-averse movie genre? The answer provided by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s depressingly inevitable (and inevitably depressing) foray into the superhero-industrial complex is, of course, even simpler: Exactly what you’d expect. Only worse.

All due respect to whatever unique and illustrious history Black Adam may have developed since his DC Comics debut in 1945, but the lifeless spectacle that director Jaume Collet-Serra — who made some nifty thrillers before “Jungle Cruise” reduced him to the John Ford of Rawson Marshall Thurbers — has cobbled together for the character’s big screen origin story is so exhaustingly derivative of other superhero movies that the ancient Egyptian antihero might as well not have any history at all.

The problems stem from an irreconcilable mismatch between star and subject. Part of the issue is that playing the Scorpion King does not, in fact, make someone of Middle Eastern descent (even if they did it twice). The other major cause of the disconnect is that Johnson’s fatal allergy to bold creative choices makes his brand a hopeless fit for such a politically fraught blockbuster — the tale of a superpowered former slave who wakes up from a 5,000-year nap and chooses to resist the American “liberators” in his fictional, Iraq-coded country with extreme force. Later, they team up to fight what might be the single most forgettable villain in comic book movie history, which is a wild thing to say about a giant hell demon with a pentagram scar across its entire chest, or about a genre that once pitted the Hulk against… a slightly neckier version of the Hulk.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
‘Black Adam’ Review: Dwayne Johnson’s Superhero Debut Is Another Catastrophe for DC’s Film Universe

The question that “Black Adam” poses is a simple one: What happens when Hollywood’s most risk-averse movie star collides with Hollywood’s most risk-averse movie genre? The answer provided by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s depressingly inevitable (and inevitably depressing) foray into the superhero-industrial complex is, of course, even simpler: Exactly what you’d expect. Only worse.

All due respect to whatever unique and illustrious history Black Adam may have developed since his DC Comics debut in 1945, but the lifeless spectacle that director Jaume Collet-Serra — who made some nifty thrillers before “Jungle Cruise” reduced him to the John Ford of Rawson Marshall Thurbers — has cobbled together for the character’s big screen origin story is so exhaustingly derivative of other superhero movies that the ancient Egyptian antihero might as well not have any history at all.

The problems stem from an irreconcilable mismatch between star and subject. Part of the issue is that playing the Scorpion King does not, in fact, make someone of Middle Eastern descent (even if they did it twice). The other major cause of the disconnect is that Johnson’s fatal allergy to bold creative choices makes his brand a hopeless fit for such a politically fraught blockbuster — the tale of a superpowered former slave who wakes up from a 5,000-year nap and chooses to resist the American “liberators” in his fictional, Iraq-coded country with extreme force. Later, they team up to fight what might be the single most forgettable villain in comic book movie history, which is a wild thing to say about a giant hell demon with a pentagram scar across its entire chest, or about a genre that once pitted the Hulk against… a slightly neckier version of the Hulk.

DC doing what DC does…

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Damn DC!!!... :smh:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Am I the only one who hates the intro DC uses for all their movies that look like it was made with windows movie maker?

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I kinda figured it was going to be a cheesy type of movie.....just like that other bullshit of the rock being a freed slave hammering train tracks as a hero.

I think the rock is a second string actor who should never been the face of a film.....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

probably my favorite wrestler of all time

I'm supporting that man regardless.

I been watched some horrible movies with white leads and seen them get sequels after the first film vastly under performed

If I was WB?

I would guarantee him 3 movies and cameos and production credit on spin offs (ahem Hawkman)

and tell The Rock just let us know when and where you want to appear in this "new" DCU.