Black Adam movie gets a release date of July 29, 2022. (Dwayne Johnson, The Rock )

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Black Adam Director Breaks Down the Justice Society Members
BYANTHONY LUND
PUBLISHED 4 DAYS AGO
Black Adam will introduce Dwayne Johnson's title character and the Justice Society, a new team with specific skills.

Warner Bros. Pictures
Black Adam is almost ready to finally make his DCEU debut on October 21. Ahead of Dwayne Johnson’s DC debut, a new DC Nation interview with the movie’s director, Jaume Collet-Serra, featured in the Black Adam – The Justice Society Files tie-in comic, has delved a little further into the new comic book collaborative coming to the DCEU. The group includes Doctor Fate, Hawkman, Cyclone and Atom Smasher, and Collet-Serra was happy to explain the dynamics of the new cinematic team. He said:

"We have Doctor Fate, Hawkman, Cyclone, and Atom Smasher. Hawkman and Doctor Fate are the senior members of the team. For Doctor Fate, he's almost godlike, so to have Pierce Brosnan, who is so warm and sensitive, made it the perfect combination. [Hawkman] has a very strict sense of morality and justice. He's a bit of a scientist and a bit of a gladiator. Atom Smasher is a little bit of the new kid on the black. He's someone who's very charming, but also isn't quite sure if he's on the right side. Finally, we have Cyclone, who comes from a linage of heroes and has been imbued with nanotechnology."
Of course, the Justice Society will have their hands full when they come up against Black Adam and his phenomenal cosmic powers of the Gods. With trailers already having shown Johnson’s mighty anti-hero tangling with the team, there is guaranteed to be plenty of action when the modern-day heroes go up against the millennia-old Black Adam before they join forces to take on the real villain of the movie; the demonic Sabbac.

MOVIEWEB VIDEO OF THE DAY

Close

RELATED:Dwayne Johnson Celebrates 20 Years In Hollywood With A Personal Message To His Fans

Dwayne Johnson Praised Co-Star Pierce Brosnan as Doctor Fate
Warner Bros. Pictures
While it is clear who the star of the show is when it comes to Black Adam, Dwayne Johnson has been vocal in his praise for his co-stars, including Doctor Fate’s Pierce Brosnan. Johnson celebrated the former James Bond star, saying, “I think you’ll be happy with DR FATE; Pierce Brosnan is a force and really delivers.”

As well as being supportive of the rest of the cast, Johnson has also made it clear that he is in it for the long haul when it comes to Black Adam and his future as a cornerstone of the next stage of the DCEU. Previously Johnson explained:

"I am 100% committed to not only Black Adam but then expanding the Black Adam universe, the DC universe. I hear the fans, we all do, and I pick up everything they're putting down. It doesn't get by me, it doesn't get by these guys [producer Hiram Garcia, producer Beau Flynn, director Jaume Collet-Serra]. This is the beginning, hopefully, fingers crossed, of a very long storytelling road that Black Adam is the anchoring jet fuel now that will then push and press this universe out."
Dwayne Johnson’s debut as Black Adam will hit cinemas on October 21, 2022, as the only live-action DCEU movie of the year.

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
After watching a vid about Dr. Fate I'm now more interested in his character, his power is almost immeasurable.:eek2:

Dr Fate is more powerful than Dr Strange. Fate would have survived Thanos finger snap cause he is outside our reality. One of the top 5 most powerful magic based beings but Black Adam is also along with Shazam,Spectre,Eclipso and Zatanna .

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dr Fate is more powerful than Dr Strange. Fate would have survived Thanos finger snap cause he is outside our reality. One of the top 5 most powerful magic based beings but Black Adam is also along with Shazam,Spectre,Eclipso and Zatanna .

To my knowledge, all DC characters are stronger than their Marvel equivalents. Looking at Death Battle's breakdown of DC characters feats. My mind can't wrap around how their primary villains last half a second against them. All villains except the mirror versions of them. How the hades is Cheetah a threat to Wonder Woman at all. Light speed is slow to her.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Rock has taught everyone a very valuable lesson about how to maintain business relationships with people you have personal relationships with. He's been playing chess for a long time. And the bonus is who it benefits. Even the people who don't deserve the fruits of the labor.

IKR. First imma fuck ya, then…imma FUCK YA!

keith6

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Still wish that they tell this story like the Pharoah in Egypt. He would free his people and then destroy any future white colonization. Thus should be DC'S answer to black panther. DC really has no connection to blacks compared to Marvel. It's funny how they closed a black man to play Hawkman, knowing that he always dies and is reincarnated.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not completely true.
While Dr. Fate IS extremely powerful, his mental/emotional instability and split personality are issues or weakness that can be exploited by his enemies. Remember, Kent Nelson is essentially being used as the avatar or vessel of Nabu. While Nelson is wearing the helmet, the helmet is actually wearing him... :dunno:

And according to DC comics, this is the true line up of their most powerful magic wielders:
154900452396836325b420d222f5413c881eeb4a1beaa746.jpg

Plus; everyone seems to overlook or forget about sorcerers, mages and beings like Constantine, Etrigan (The Demon) or Swamp Thing.
And don't even get me started on beings like Trigon:
771cd91526a3a0045a9a0c6fc9e19978.jpg

And if anybody would have survived the Thanos snap, it would most certainly have been The Spectre or The Phantom Stranger.
- Not Dr. Fate.
:dunno:

To my knowledge, all DC characters are stronger than their Marvel equivalents. Looking at Death Battle's breakdown of DC characters feats. My mind can't wrap around how their primary villains last half a second against them. All villains except the mirror versions of them. How the hades is Cheetah a threat to Wonder Woman at all. Light speed is slow to her.
Definitely NOT true.
The truth is that it actually depends more on how the characters are written at the time of battle.
JLA-Avengers.jpg

Notice a few prominent Avengers who are missing from these ACTUAL above battles:
96Hulk.jpg
homem-aranha-1226294_widemd.jpg
main-qimg-512a0fe133ff6b7b55cdee3163a349a0-pjlq

Imagine if The Dark Phoenix showed up and had one of her little "mood swings" during a battle like this, then things just got considerably more interesting...
5reo7nruxqx01.jpg

While Death Match is a wonderfully entertaining and fairly accurate channel for chronicling battles between characters; remember, they're really only giving us THEIR OPINIONS of how these battles would go down. They do not write the definative book on who would win in these battles.

And when it comes to speed, Wonder Woman cannot travel at light speed. Cheetah is indeed FASTER than she is and more than a match for her. Where Diana is the more skilled and seasoned fighter, Cheetah more than makes up for this with her strength, ferocity, cunning and bloodlust.
ktb0y983lza11.jpg

Just my opinion...

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Still wish that they tell this story like the Pharoah in Egypt. He would free his people and then destroy any future white colonization. Thus should be DC'S answer to black panther. DC really has no connection to blacks compared to Marvel. It's funny how they closed a black man to play Hawkman, knowing that he always dies and is reincarnated.
What??

So, I'm gonna leave out all of the Milestone characters like Icon, Hardware, and Static. Marvel doesn't have a real equivalent to these. Maybe Miles Morales. But, he's mixed. Marvel was trying to kill two birds with one stone.

However, John Stewart came out in 1971, 3 years after MLK was assassinated. His character dealt with racism, police brutality etc. He was not Hal.

Vixen is basically a female Black Panther. Here powered are magical unlike BP whose powers come from herb.

The TV show didn't due Black Lightning full justice. It was cool, in the comics it's a lot deeper.

The same goes for CYBORG and his family. Just think about it. A black family where everyone is a genius. FYI, cyborgs mom is John Stewart's sister.

Then you have Spawn which Jamie Fox is playing in a film that is in development.

One of the most interesting stories will be Val Zod aka Black Superman. He is the "illegitimate" son of Zod. But, he is a passivist and introvert. This the story that Michael B Jordan is slated to be doing.

There are so so many black DC characters with deep stories that could/ would inspire black folk if it was done right. Now if your statement is has DC capitalized of this, then the answer is heck no. Lol!!

However, going back to Milestone, an Icon or Static movie would bring so many black fans to DC.

uncle-rico-no-doubt.gif

keith6

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What??

So, I'm gonna leave out all of the Milestone characters like Icon, Hardware, and Static. Marvel doesn't have a real equivalent to these. Maybe Miles Morales. But, he's mixed. Marvel was trying to kill two birds with one stone.

However, John Stewart came out in 1971, 3 years after MLK was assassinated. His character dealt with racism, police brutality etc. He was not Hal.

Vixen is basically a female Black Panther. Here powered are magical unlike BP whose powers come from herb.

The TV show didn't due Black Lightning full justice. It was cool, in the comics it's a lot deeper.

The same goes for CYBORG and his family. Just think about it. A black family where everyone is a genius. FYI, cyborgs mom is John Stewart's sister.

Then you have Spawn which Jamie Fox is playing in a film that is in development.

One of the most interesting stories will be Val Zod aka Black Superman. He is the "illegitimate" son of Zod. But, he is a passivist and introvert. This the story that Michael B Jordan is slated to be doing.

There are so so many black DC characters with deep stories that could/ would inspire black folk if it was done right. Now if your statement is has DC capitalized of this, then the answer is heck no. Lol!!

However, going back to Milestone, an Icon or Static movie would bring so many black fans to DC.

uncle-rico-no-doubt.gif
I was saying DC hasn't capitalized like Marvel with Black Panther. Black Panther was like Coming to America for Black People. If Dewayne McDuffie was still alive things may be different.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not completely true.
While Dr. Fate IS extremely powerful, his mental/emotional instability and split personality are issues or weakness that can be exploited by his enemies. Remember, Kent Nelson is essentially being used as the avatar or vessel of Nabu. While Nelson is wearing the helmet, the helmet is actually wearing him... :dunno:

And according to DC comics, this is the true line up of their most powerful magic wielders:
154900452396836325b420d222f5413c881eeb4a1beaa746.jpg

Plus; everyone seems to overlook or forget about sorcerers, mages and beings like Constantine, Etrigan (The Demon) or Swamp Thing.
And don't even get me started on beings like Trigon:
771cd91526a3a0045a9a0c6fc9e19978.jpg

And if anybody would have survived the Thanos snap, it would most certainly have been The Spectre or The Phantom Stranger.
- Not Dr. Fate.

Definitely NOT true.
The truth is that it actually depends more on how the characters are written at the time of battle.
JLA-Avengers.jpg

Notice a few prominent Avengers who are missing from these ACTUAL above battles:
96Hulk.jpg
homem-aranha-1226294_widemd.jpg
main-qimg-512a0fe133ff6b7b55cdee3163a349a0-pjlq

Imagine if The Dark Phoenix showed up and had one of her little "mood swings" during a battle like this, then things just got considerably more interesting...
5reo7nruxqx01.jpg

While Death Match is a wonderfully entertaining and fairly accurate channel for chronicling battles between characters; remember, they're really only giving us THEIR OPINIONS of how these battles would go down. They do not write the definative book on who would win in these battles.

And when it comes to speed, Wonder Woman cannot travel at light speed. Cheetah is indeed FASTER than she is and more than a match for her. Where Diana is the more skilled and seasoned fighter, Cheetah more than makes up for this with her strength, ferocity, cunning and bloodlust.
ktb0y983lza11.jpg

Just my opinion...

So the speed feats that Death Battle is inaccurate. You are far more versed in comic books than I am. I'm only basing my opinion on the feats of the characters. Obviously when a writer goes through what he wants his story to be, he doesn't factor in real world physics. It's usually to suit the story or look really cool. But you can't have a character move faster than light & then have them struggle with a Cheetah. Unless the Cheetah has shown similar feats. I have no clue if she has. This is the Death Battle I'm referencing. Timestamped on the speed feat.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Black Adam is a character that mainly hardcore, old school comic heads are familiar with.

How much you wanna bet there will be a group of folks going in to see “Black Adam” thinking it’s gonna be about CW’s “Black Lighting” cuz of the lighting bolt on their chest.

blackadamdwaynejohnson41654843027.jpg

BLK315A_0344b-2000.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

@ViCiouS

The rock had no choice.

And the WB didn't either

DWAYNE JOHNSON in movies right is the most unstoppable force in blockbuster action movies now.

But I didn't believe those early estimates

They NEEDED Cavill to push this over the edge.​

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

@ViCiouS

The rock had no choice.

And the WB didn't either

DWAYNE JOHNSON in movies right is the most unstoppable force in blockbuster action movies now.

But I didn't believe those early estimates

They NEEDED Cavill to push this over the edge.​

There has to be some official confirmation somewhere,cause this spreading like wildfire on Twitter(people saying they going to see the movie cause Cavill is supposedly making a cameo as Superman)..

If they stick around to see if there a end- or mid-credit scene and he not there,or if it turns out the cameo is of another(but lesser-known) DC character people will be clowning the shit out of Dwayne on Twitter,like they did after he spread the rumor that Cavill would be at SD Comic Con :roflmao2:

Most they can pray for is that there IS a Superman cameo but it wound up on the cutting-room floor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
There has to be some official confirmation somewhere,cause this spreading like wildfire on Twitter(people saying they going to see the movie cause Cavill is supposedly making a cameo as Superman)..

If they stick around to see if there a end- or mid-credit scene and he not there,or if it turns out the cameo is of another(but lesser-known) DC character people will be clowning the shit out of Dwayne on Twitter,like they did after he spread the rumor that Cavill would be at SD Comic Con :roflmao2:

Most they can pray for is that there IS a Superman cameo but it wound up on the cutting-room floor

Yo...

If the Rock lying or exaggerating?

Woo boy

The TV Flash gonna be smoking a cigar like the undefeated Dolphins

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member

i'm going to go see it no matter what

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
i'm going to go see it no matter what

The trailers did not impress me at all.

But I'm a DC fan and a Rock fan

And Dwayne been laboring with this for damn near a decade

Plus Hodge playing Hawkman>>>>

My expectations are low so I don't see how they can disappoint me.

But I really really hope they deliver

Last edited:

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The trailers did not impress me at all.

But I'm a DC fan and a Rock fan

And Dwayne been laboring with this fir damn near a decade

Plus Hodge playing Hawkman>>>>

My expectations are low so I don't see how they can disappoint me.

But I really really hope they deliver
the trailers look great to me

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
the trailers look great to me

Cool.

They were just regular to me, it didn't connect. It didn't show me anything new or unexpected even the music didn't click. It was just an ok trailer.

I think for me it dropped around the same time some of the best post pandemic trailers ever were released

Also they been hyping this movie for like a decade. The 2 trailers I saw didn't make me say awww snap its here

It was exactly what I expected which is fine. But not hyped.

But again that's just me and I'm going to see it regardless.

Last edited:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered

It's been confirmed.