Black Adam movie gets a release date of July 29, 2022. (Dwayne Johnson, The Rock )

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That may be the case, but do you really believe his career will take a significant hit from this?

I believe he can weather this fairly easily.

I support the Rock lifelong

But I don't think more "flops" is gonna help.

It just seems weird that this happened in such a coordinated way

I think he REALLY needs to hyper focus on Doc Savage.

To me THAT could be his real franchise.

I just gave you a free one Rocky...

You should Holla at @largebillsonlyplease

Cause for the right price?

He can even make your script tighter.

Last edited:

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
I support the Rock lifelong

But I don't think more "flops" is gonna help.

It just seems weird that this happened in such a coordinated way

I think he REALLY needs to hyper focus on Doc Savage.

To me THAT could be his real franchise.

I just gave you a free one Rocky...

You should Holla at @largebillsonlyplease

Can for the right price?

He can even make your script tighter.
Flops are unavoidable. I doubt you can have a career in entertainment without them.

Black Adam was hot garbage and that's largely The Rock's fault. I'll be the first to make that point. But he isn't the first entertainer to make bad decisions.

If nothing has come out about him being difficult to work with or anything else that would really impugn his character then this will be chalked off as a rare loss and he'll live to see more roles.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Flops are unavoidable. I doubt you can have a career in entertainment without them.

Black Adam was hot garbage and that's largely The Rock's fault. I'll be the first to make that point. But he isn't the first entertainer to make bad decisions.

If nothing has come out about him being difficult to work with or anything else that would really impugn his character then this will be chalked off as a rare loss and he'll live to see more roles.

We agree.

But it's a what have you done for me lately business

EVERYONE falls off. Everyone misses. That's the business we all know that.

But.. this seems like a kinda rare concerted effort to pile on him.

They actually ARE trying to assault his character. You just had a fellow actor publicly say he snaked him, ruined his franchise and then say he never saw that sane actors flop movie.

You seen THAT before?

It ain't about the FLOP it's about everything AROUND the flop that's the problem.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
We agree.

But it's a what have you done for me lately business

EVERYONE falls off. Everyone misses. That's the business we all know that.

But.. this seems like a kinda rare concerted effort to pile on him.

They actually ARE trying to assault his character. You just had a fellow actor publicly say he snaked him, ruined his franchise and then say he never saw that sane actors flop movie.

You seen THAT before?

It ain't about the FLOP it's about everything AROUND the flop that's the problem.
I'm not denying that but I believe he can weather it pretty easily. There are ppl with grudges who probably saw this as a rare opportunity to hit him since he's vulnerable.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm not denying that but I believe he can weather it pretty easily. There are ppl with grudges who probably saw this as a rare opportunity to hit him since he's vulnerable.

I tend agree...

But the way the knives came out the shadows on this?

I am VERY curious to see how this all pans out.

I'm team rock though.

I'm also curious what you think of what Zack did?

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor

Well, I believe he didn't see it. I'm sure he had time in his schedule do so but he obliviously, likely because The Rock snubbed Shazam, chose not to.

I can't fault him really. It's not like he said something very under handed. This probably was one of the lighter sneak disses I've heard in awhile.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well, I believe he didn't see it. I'm sure he had time in his schedule do so but he obliviously, likely because The Rock snubbed Shazam, chose not to.

I can't fault him really. It's not like he said something very under handed. This probably was one of the lighter sneak disses I've heard in awhile.

That wasn't a sneak diss bro.

He posted on the internet for the world to see that the Rock did in fact mess up the cameo and then blamed him for his movie and franchise flopping then said this.

Bless your kind heart if you think THAT is a sneak diss.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If Will Smith is still viable, The Rock should have no problems. He got a bit carried away with a passion project but nothing has come out that really smears his character or image.

Is Will Smith viable though? Emancipation was a flop. I think people still tune in for free to see what will happen next.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dwayne gets cast into the Fast Furious universe as a secondary character and tries to take over the universe and make himself a major character so much so that Vin Diesle and Tyrese both call him out on what he's trying to do. Now this comes out and we see that instead of going along with the comic, he rewrites the character AND universe to fit HIS ego/narrative so he can take over. How many times does he have to show you who he is before you believe him?

Talked about how he was doing this for the fans...this motherfcuker saw what was hot at the moment and went through every superhero character looking for someone that could fit his build and settled with Black Adam so he could worm his way into another universe and take that over. Black Adam is a villian and not even a top tier vilian in the Legion of Doom cause Lex Luthor is running shyt there. But Dwayne has an ego and is trying to make this long money cause at 50 he can't keep doing action movies forever. Should have went the Bautista route and focused on his acting ability.

Dwayne will pull that I'm black card whenever it suits what he needs. How often does he shoehorn his Pacific Islander heritage into his movies? How often will he play a Pacific Islander? Talked about doing a John Henry movie awhile back, where's that at? But he's coming out with another movie called King where he plays King Kamehameha, ANOTHER Pacific Islander. And look if he connects more to his mother than his father that is cool, but don't sit with our culture and then do NOTHING for the culture!

If he wanted to play an actual DC superhero he could have went with John Henry Irons the Man of Steel who is a black man, but again he has an ego to feed and doing a project that would point to his father side? Yeah, nah, we ain't doing that.

Last edited:

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
If Will Smith is still viable, The Rock should have no problems. He got a bit carried away with a passion project but nothing has come out that really smears his character or image.
But this is a VERY public spanking

And this seems coordinated

Especially with Levy bitchy comments

@ViCiouS has a point.
the only thing the rock needs to do is design gyms and stfu
muscle head
also dookie comics just need to retire
go write cooking books or something
dc cookin prolly f that up too

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
That wasn't a sneak diss bro.

He posted on the internet for the world to see that the Rock did in fact mess up the cameo and then blamed him for his movie and franchise flopping then said this.

Bless your kind heart if you think THAT is a sneak diss.
I later read about what he posted on insta on Fortune. I guess he was more hurt than I figured. I understand it though.

Rock had the option of completely separating this character from the DCEU I imagine. He could've made it like Joker and The Batman but he wanted it in the DCEU but didn't want to play nice.

If it was a success it wouldn't have mattered but the shit flopped. He pissed ppl off and then they went after him once he was vulnerable. :dunno:

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Is Will Smith viable though? Emancipation was a flop. I think people still tune in for free to see what will happen next.
Will Smith has taken an enormous amount of Ls in a short amount of time. It's probably unprecendentant. I don't want to count him out but he might be done.

All he needs is one hit and he's back in though.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Dwayne gets cast into the Fast Furious universe as a secondary character and tries to take over the universe and make himself a major character so much so that Vin Diesle and Tyrese both call him out on what he's trying to do. Now this comes out and we see that instead of going along with the comic, he rewrites the character AND universe to fit HIS ego/narrative so he can take over. How many times does he have to show you who he is before you believe him?

Talked about how he was doing this for the fans...this motherfcuker saw what was hot at the moment and went through every superhero character looking for someone that could fit his build and settled with Black Adam so he could worm his way into another universe and take that over. Black Adam is a villian and not even a top tier vilian in the Legion of Doom cause Lex Luthor is running shyt there. But Dwayne has an ego and is trying to make this long money cause at 50 he can't keep doing action movies forever. Should have went the Bautista route and focused on his acting ability.

Dwayne will pull that I'm black card whenever it suits what he needs. How often does he shoehorn his Pacific Islander heritage into his movies? How often will he play a Pacific Islander? Talked about doing a John Henry movie awhile back, where's that at? But he's coming out with another movie called King where he plays King Kamehameha, ANOTHER Pacific Islander. And look if he connects more to his mother than his father that is cool, but don't sit with our culture and then do NOTHING for the culture!

If he wanted to play an actual DC superhero he could have went with John Henry Irons the Man of Steel who is a black man, but again he has an ego to feed and doing a project that would point to his father side? Yeah, nah, we ain't doing that.
You brought hot fire. Do you smeeeelllll The Rock coookin??
the-rock-can-you-smell-what-is-cooking.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Will Smith has taken an enormous amount of Ls in a short amount of time. It's probably unprecendentant. I don't want to count him out but he might be done.

All he needs is one hit and he's back in though.

If that bad boy sequel does what is supposed too?

You not wrong

They gotta add a scene where Martin slaps Will though

They gotta.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
If that bad boy sequel does what is supposed too?

You not wrong

They gotta add a scene where Martin slaps Will though

They gotta.
Yeah The Slap has to be referenced.

Franchises like Bad Boys and Rush Hour are guaranteed hits if the principle actors return. That's all he needs to put him back in ppl's good graces again.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The last one did over 400mil so that will be the true litmus test. I don't consider Emancipation to be it just cause folks are TIRED of slave movies and a slave action movie just seems in HORRIBLE taste.

Not to derail I believe to STOP making movies about the slave trade is a big mistake.

I'm on the Jewish side of things

NEVER FORGET.

instead I want more HISTORICALLY ACCURATE films about the slave trade

Documentary about enslaved people.

More about the heroes of that Era and highlight the pure uncut evil of white folk and how those systems are still at play.

I just want better smarter movies and shows

And we had a slave action movie that was done well - Django and Underground

It can be done. We just need the space to do it. In fact I saw some dope ideas on here.

I want a Black Wall Street movie. Haitian Revolution movie.

Done RIGHT.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah The Slap has to be referenced.

Franchises like Bad Boys and Rush Hour are guaranteed hits if the principle actors return. That's all he needs to put him back in ppl's good graces again.

^^^^

If I'm Will?

I'm doing Men in Black again. I'm making sure to do a cameo in I an Legend. I'm doing a heist movie with the best in black Hollywood directed by Spike Lee. I'm producing a Haitian Revolution movie.

And I'm doing a big budget spy vs spy action flick with Idris.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Not to derail I believe to STOP making movies about the slave trade is a big mistake.

I'm on the Jewish side of things

NEVER FORGET.

instead I want more HISTORICALLY ACCURATE films about the slave trade

Documentary about enslaved people.

More about the heroes of that Era and highlight the pure uncut evil of white folk and how those systems are still at play.

I just better smarter movies and shows

And we had a slave action movie that was done well - Django and Underground

It can be done. We just need the space to do it. In fact I saw some dope ideas on here.

I want a Black Wall Street movie. Haitian Revolution movie.

Done RIGHT.
3f2.jpeg

This is particularly true when you have school districts trying to erase slavery from the textbooks. It needs to be shown.

You see a film like 12 Years A Slave or Glory and you can't just dismiss that as a flight of fancy or mindless entertainment. Those films make you sit up and think about what ppl, our ppl, went through back then.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
^^^^

If I'm Will?

I'm doing Men in Black again. I'm making sure to do a cameo in I an Legend. I'm doing a heist movie with the best in black Hollywood directed by Spike Lee. I'm producing a Haitian Revolution movie.

And I'm doing a big budget spy vs spy action flick with Idris.
Exactly. I'm doing everything.

Shit, he should do a sequel to Enemy of the State. With all this AI shit thats in the news, if you incorporate stuff like that, you have a topical hit on your hands.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

I agree with everything said her but I have to say hell no for John Henry irons. I didn't like him as road block in the gi joe movie either.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rock has to be willing to take some risks at this point in his career

And him as either Mongul or Darkseid would be epic

Playing the bad guy would be the risk, but goes against his nature to be the good guy. Hobbs was essentially the Bad-Good guy in Fast and Furious universe. He made him the Good-Bad guy to fit his narrative. But this is why John Cena and Dave Bautista will be seen as better wrestlers turned actors.

This motherfcuker will play Darkseid as a superhero who just doesn't see eye to eye with Superman

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
*ahem*

@Piff Henderson
The Rock comes out looking bad here.

Now in almost any metric, I'm taking Dwayne over Zack without a thought. In this situation though, I can't stand with The Rock.

There are no winners here though since both those films crashed and burned. DCEU needs a restart.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Rock comes out looking bad here.

Now in almost any metric, I'm taking Dwayne over Zack without a thought. In this situation though, I can't stand with The Rock.

There are no winners here though since both those films crashed and burned. DCEU needs a restart.

Ok now you got me out here

Yes of course the Rock was not only wrong, short sighted and pity... it was bad business.

Even with that?

Happens in Hollywood and the music business every minute of every day.

If black Adam had made a billion?

We wouldn't even know or care about this.

And I ain't ever gonna co sign Zack cause he choose to go all anti vaxx out the clear blue recently to score bullsh*t points.

But yeah I understand his frustration

But he WRONG to go public with this. He carrying somebody else's water with all this

I can't support an organized anti Rock campaign nope not gonna happen.

I actually want to ask some WB friends of mine but I don't think I really want an answer