Black Dragon Takeout- A Black American Chinese Restaurant in Philadelphia, PA.

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Worked with koolest Philly cat ever...We'd get chicken for lunch and when he was done..the bones looked like museum specimens.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Jl Jupiter probably gonna review that spot soon enough if he already hasnt
Yeah, he's the best when it comes to reviewing food.

He's the only one that I respect when it comes to reviewing food since the places he go to the food looks good AF.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Jl Jupiter probably gonna review that spot soon enough if he already hasnt

Yeah, he's the best when it comes to reviewing food.

He's the only one that I respect when it comes to reviewing food since the places he go to the food looks good AF.

There was some younger brother out there today had like 3 plates and his celly set up on a tripod on the table. I didnt recognize him tho.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I trust a black man cooking Chinese food, just like I trust a white woman cooking collard greens.

giphy.gif
Black people are the top tier of cooking.. we literally taught the Asians how to cook fried chicken. As far as American Chinese food 90 percent of that shit ain’t really from their continent it’s just some food they decide to create for the American palette.. in black people we shall trust

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol...I hear you, but cmon bruh cut that narrowview out...skilled chefs can cook anything. My son makes amazingly authentic Asian cuisine well.

That’s not true. Chefs don’t understand how to put love and pain in the food. That comes from being ingrained in a culture from birth. For example, If I go to an Italian restaurant and I see Latinos in the back cooking I walk the fuck out. I am a proud racist when it comes to cooking.

If you ever had real Sicilian cooking from Sicilian immigrants that can barely speak the English language then you know the difference.

Black people are the top tier of cooking.. we literally taught the Asians how to cook fried chicken. As far as American Chinese food 90 percent of that shit ain’t really from their continent it’s just some food they decide to create for the American palette.. in black people we shall trust

Yea if you want high blood pressure and diabetes have at it :lol:. And Asian cook chicken different, shit even they hot wings are different than black folks hot wings. If I want fried chicken I want that good ole Sunday Baptist church fried chicken with the grease that been in the pot for 4 days from Sister Jenkins.

Try having mofungo from a chef in the states, then have it from a Dominican or Puerto Rican abuela. If you telling me that the chef in the states is on par with the abuela, nigga I call bullshit to the 10 degree.

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That’s not true. Chefs don’t understand how to put love and pain in the food. That comes from being ingrained in a culture from birth. For example, If I go to an Italian restaurant and I see Latinos in the back cooking I walk the fuck out. I am a proud racist when it comes to cooking.

If you ever had real Sicilian cooking from Sicilian immigrants that can barely speak the English language then you know the difference.

Yea if you want high blood pressure and diabetes have at it :lol:. And Asian cook chicken different, shit even they hot wings are different than black folks hot wings. If I want fried chicken I want that good ole Sunday Baptist church fried chicken with the grease that been in the pot for 4 days from Sister Jenkins.

Try having mofungo from a chef in the states, then have it from a Dominican or Puerto Rican abuela. If you telling me that the chef in the states is on par with the abuela, nigga I call bullshit to the 10 degree.
You know there’s some Asians that have high blood pressure and diabetes also right? you know they banned msg in foods here in which the Asians were using heavily in American Chinese food. If you let an Asian person eat Chinese American food consistently they would have high blood pressure and diabetes to. You think they fried chicken at their restaurants is healthy nig lmaooo. You think duck sauce is healthy nig lmaoooo. Remember they make American Chinese food to make money they don’t give a fuck if it’s not healthy. They don’t even eat most of their Chinese American food. In fact most times you will see the workers eating something completely different or only certain things in particular the rice and some of the soups

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know there’s some Asians that have high blood pressure and diabetes also right? you know they banned msg in foods here in which the Asians were using heavily in American Chinese food. If you let an Asian person eat Chinese American food consistently they would have high blood pressure and diabetes to. You think they fried chicken at their restaurants is healthy nig lmaooo. You think duck sauce is healthy nig lmaoooo. Remember they make American Chinese food to make money they don’t give a fuck if it’s not healthy. They don’t even eat most of their Chinese American food. In fact most times you will see the workers eating something completely different or only certain things in particular the rice and some of the soups

Mann listen, I like that original Chinese food. Where the meat is dog, cat, and parakeet seasoned to purrfection.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I'll say this if you want real Chinese food, go to Chinatown in center city.

Now this black owned Chinese food is around my fam way which is why I want to support them. I always try to support as many black owned businesses as I can.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You ain't never lied esp. Filipinos.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They are fire !!!!
If you make it there I highly suggest you try them.

Damn I am jealous.....lol

About to call my cousin and aunt to tell them I am coming up in the next few weeks lol

Collard greens might be the one food I could eat almost everyday....

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Agreed. We are the most versatile race on the planet. We can do anything in an excellent capacity.

8Oksxp.jpg

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
So in other words there's no way to avoid those lines. :sad: Reminds me of the vegan burger spot in Atlanta. Lines all the time and they open at noon. Food is phenomenal though. I'll figure out a way to get over there though.

IOAy0v.jpg

Get there 11-1130 and you will be ok.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
So in other words there's no way to avoid those lines. :sad: Reminds me of the vegan burger spot in Atlanta. Lines all the time and they open at noon. Food is phenomenal though. I'll figure out a way to get over there though.

IOAy0v.jpg
I'm out here now, nobody is out there yet, gonna get out the car @11:40am because I wasn't gonna wait in them long lines.

Gonna try some of the foods @DJ mentioned.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
@jack walsh13 Do they have any good vegan burgers jawns in Philly that you have went to or it's just in Atlanta?

I haven't had vegan food. But would like to try.
I literally ONLY go to the spot in Atlanta. Sluty Vegan. Food is so good I don't wanna try elsewhere. The owner is a Delta, so my wife definitely made sure we support. There's one in Brooklyn now. I think there's actually more than 1 in Brooklyn. You MUST try it!!

PkgBCE.jpg

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I literally ONLY go to the spot in Atlanta. Sluty Vegan. Food is so good I don't wanna try elsewhere. The owner is a Delta, so my wife definitely made sure we support. There's one in Brooklyn now. I think there's actually more than 1 in Brooklyn. You MUST try it!!

PkgBCE.jpg
Thanks, I'm gonna make the trip down there one day.