Blacks and mayonnaise

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
quote-i-said-yo-jay-i-can-rap-and-i-spit-this-rap-that-said-i-m-killin-ya-ll-s-on-this-lyrical-kanye-west-57-12-09.jpg

Reactions: LSN

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Nothing makes a BLT like miracle whip but it is nasty in tuna or potato salad.

Miracle Whip is good on sandwiches....

When I make potato salad or tuna/chicken salad I use half and half. Or like 2/3 may to 1/3 miracle whip. Miracle whip by itself is too sweet. You can do mayo by itself tho. I never learned to make my mom's potato salad, which is what I grew up on and I think was better than mine. She used regular mustard or powdered mustard. I use 1-2 tablespoons of dijon mustard.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
OH-I used to hate it. But my dumb ass found out moms use it in potatoe ,chicken, tuna, and macoroni salad. Also its part of my favorite sandwhich phillycheese steak from pennstation. I dont use or eat that shit outside what ive stated.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
funny ass thread...i used to work at a mayonnaise plant

632px-8oz_Duke%27s_Mayo.jpg

love a little light mayo on my sammiches preferably hellmanns tho
:cool:

This is what someone on twitter recommended. I haven't seen it locally tho. I think I'm going to have to order it online to try it.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I make potato salad or tuna/chicken salad I use half and half. Or like 2/3 may to 1/3 miracle whip. Miracle whip by itself is too sweet. You can do mayo by itself tho. I never learned to make my mom's potato salad, which is what I grew up on and I think was better than mine. She used regular mustard or powdered mustard. I use 1-2 tablespoons of dijon mustard.

I use mustard powder mixed well into the mayo. I have used regular mustard but it doesn't have the flavor.

Never tried using MW and Mayo....I'll try it one day

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
LA/TX I love Mayonnaise and miracle whip.

On potato salad I use mayo, but add a bit of mustard to it as well.

I'm not big on mustard unless it's on a hot dog, or as I said above. I even put mayo on my hotdog...I spread it on the bread then put the hotdog in the bun.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
my folks bought some when they were staying here...threw that shit in the trash once they left

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
The Chi, I can eat salads, potato, seafood, macaroni. Other than that I can't do it don't like it as a spread on anything. Mustard over everything.

POSTERBOY

Young OG
Platinum Member
NYC and I like mayonnaise in salads and some sandwiches but on a BLT i need Miracle Whip...

Same here. They put it on the sandwiches in the deli, moms always bought miracle whip for the crib so I grew up fucking with both :dunno: I have neither the stereotypical black aversion to mayo nor the CAC love of globs and globs of it on everything. Both have a place in my fridge.

I rather have Miracle whip on sandwiches but my burgers and cheesesteak must have mayo & ketchup

Pretty much. I know which I want depending on the food. Sandwiches are a toss up, if I make it in the crib it's miracle whip all the way, but if I grab one from the deli I'll have mayo

Last edited:

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
My friend who's fillipino and I were discussing mayonnaise. I was under the impression that all blacks were not that big into mayo I live grew up in Fl he lives in NY now. He informed me that it might be a regional thing because blacks in NY like mayo. Is this a regional thing?
Bruh I would rather take a bullet than eat mayo.

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
in tuna/chicken/potato salads mainly

it has to be very light if it's on a sandwich

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
I've only known one brother who didn't like mayo. His reason is the most ridiculous reason I've ever heard, he said it looked like cum. :hmm: