BMF on Starz (tv discussion)premieres 9/26 on STARZ.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This show should be much more cerebral than it is.
How do you make a cerebral drug dealer story? As it stands the show mythologizing and romanticizing guys who are selling poison to their own people.

Whats got me fucked up is no one is concerned or commented on how this display negatively influences young black men.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ep 10 The Season Finale was wack!!...So predictable .....Overall, This season was not good!!...The only thing that was good about this season is that every episodes we saw Tits and Ass!!..That's it

I believe that next season will be the last season!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This show should be much more cerebral than it is.

It actually seems like someone writes a good script and they send in a team of writers to deliberately dumb it down and then edit it poorly.

I really want to see the raw footage

Every week I can see how they could have EASILY created a better product

You have to actively work hard to make it this level of ludicrous and predictable.

But I'm watching so wtf does that say about me?

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How do you make a cerebral drug dealer story? As it stands the show mythologizing and romanticizing guys who are selling poison to their own people.

Whats got me fucked up is no one is concerned or commented on how this display negatively influences young black men.

As I stated in reply 443, it's quite obvious that Big Meech was a cut above the rest when it comes to intelligence, survival skills, cunning, and his ability to convince and influence people. For that reason, BMF could be more layered and nuanced similar to Snowfall. Still, because Lil Meech's acting skills are limited and the Flenorys are listed as executive producers, BMF is a by-the-numbers hood show, that keeps the Flenorys and friends looking good and their rivals being portrayed as live-action cartoons.

Snowfall didn't glorify Franklin, he wasn't shown sipping champagne with topless strippers or having threesomes with random light-skinned or exotic women in luxury hotel rooms at the end of the night, hell the woman he ended up with was widely criticized for being overwhelmingly unattractive, other than that Franklin was constantly working, watching his back, getting the shit kicked out of him, getting shot, trying to deal with conflict between organizations all while having the US government literally up his ass and he even saw first hand the effects of his own product on his childhood sweetheart. Franklin was not a redeemable character nor a particularly likable one. He didn't get turned into a noble guy or tragic hero, he made his choices, gained a lot, lost even more. Even in the end, he didn't die so he wasn't timestamped as a mythologized hood legend, he didn't go to jail, where he can be romanticized by idiot rappers singing "Free Saint". He became a bum that hood niggas didn't know was once a kingpin and didn't care to learn. The final scene is him walking off into the distance as the Sheriff's office comes to take the house due to unpaid taxes.

While I understand that Meech did like trappings of his lifestyle such as the cars, clothes, homes, and hoes, there is still a way to show all of that with layers, and nuance and not just make Big Meech into a white meat babyface when dude is truly a heel.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
The doctor just wanted the draws. :lol:

Meech and Terry in Mexico :smh: That muthafucka doesn't know anyone else?

The best part of this was Henri and no fuckin LaLa this last episode.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
The doctor just wanted the draws. :lol:

Meech and Terry in Mexico :smh: That muthafucka doesn't know anyone else?

The best part of this was Henri and no fuckin LaLa this last episode.
That was lazy writing to me, they didn't even write it as him saying “gotcha bitch“, the doctor been professing his love for Lucille all season and then after sex gonna say something I've been engaged for 2 years but scared to walk down the aisle and now that's the end of that story

pookie

BGOL Investor

I didn't even know that was her, I didn't even know what Sweetie looked like. She did a alright job

this is YALLS show.... :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Is this character based off someone or just some over the top character they invented, her showing up with a flamethrower strapped to her back was ridiculous. The only scene she did a good job in was when she got shanked in the shower line..lol

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It actually seems like someone writes a good script and they send in a team of writers to deliberately dumb it down and then edit it poorly.

I really want to see the raw footage

Every week I can see how they could have EASILY created a better product

You have to actively work hard to make it this level of ludicrous and predictable.

But I'm watching so wtf does that say about me?

The same thing it says about all us.

We're gluttons for the absurd.

And I agree. The show feels like we are seeing a stripped down version of what could be a great show. It plays like a dialed up CW show.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The same thing it says about all us.

We're gluttons for the absurd.

And I agree. The show feels like we are seeing a stripped down version of what could be a great show. It plays like a dialed up CW show.

Bro if it was at LEAST striving for CW it would be All American Black Lightning and Arrow level

It aint even TRYING for that.

WITH A BIGGER BUDGET

Reactions: fu2

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That was lazy writing to me, they didn't even write it as him saying “gotcha bitch“, the doctor been professing his love for Lucille all season and then after sex gonna say something I've been engaged for 2 years but scared to walk down the aisle and now that's the end of that story

that wasn't lazy - that was nonsensical absurd bullsh*t of the highest order.

ALL that build up?

Everyone in the church knows EVERYONE'S business!

Why the hell couldn't he just LEAVE the fiancé?

And it would make PERFECT sense that they BOTH were in relationships with people they no longer love.

There you go boom.

And even stretch it out to her not wanting to be his symbol of PERFECTION not wanting that PRESSURRE of that man willing to give up EVERYTHING chasing HER as this IDEAL of a woman she may not truly BE- FROM HIGH SCHOOL!

That it SCARES her off and not WANTING to be DEFINED by a man

and ties in PRERFECTLY to the sermon she gives.

THAT IS THE ENDING and lead up into the next season.

The boys and the girl seeing their parents as INDIVIDUALS without a PARTNER defining them

Showing Meech and Tee how to be strong INDIVIDUALS and still be able to learn to work together.

IT wasn't lazy - it was bad.

which is WORSE.

And a watered down Michael Corleone type ending like that? It was unearned rushed boring and predictable.

all that being said?

See ya'll next season...

VIVA MEXICO prison break!

Last edited:

pookie

BGOL Investor
She sucked like everyone else besides the parents and Steve Harris.
Lol..yeah I said early on that Lucille and Charles were the only good actors but to me she didn't do a bad job, she did a lot better than that City Girls chick who was on there..lol