Breaking Bad *series finale 9/29/2013

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sad thing is that Jesse could have written his own ticket as Heizenberg's apprentice. He coukd have gottnen paud...he still could be paid

Jessie was as the kids say today, in his feelings. I thought he matured but he was still the same pussy who's every other word was bitch from the beginning of the show. Walt was very manipulative but was always calculated and cool under pressure. Jessie was the complete opposite which benefited both of them in the beginning but in the end led to their downfall. If it wasn't for the man Jessie snitched on saving him he would still be a prisoner for the Nazi's. Walt and Jessie both did each other dirty but Walt would never cross the line that Jessie did.

MurderCity

Rising Star
Registered
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...tter_n_4098441.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Anthony Hopkins to Bryan Cranston

Dear Mister Cranston. I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA. Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. [Ed note: There are in fact five seasons of Breaking Bad; this might have been wishful thinking.] (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.

I wish they would've explained the fallout between walt and Gretchen. Seems like they were originally going to explain that whole situation but they ran out of money or time or whatever.

In one of the early episodes when they flashed back, Walt and Gretchen looked like soul mates and shit. Him and Skyler were a mismatch. I thought they would explain that shit.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
GKkwI8v.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I would have picked this as the last song though...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RMONGMDEerI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:lol:Dont know if this has been posted here. But heres an breaking bad lego the video game video a fan made: Btw hopefully traveler tales may consider maKing this into a real game.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Watching the series right now, I'm almost done with Season 2.
How did I miss this show for all these years? :smh:

You're in for some treats, fam'. There are some stellar episodes ahead from seasons 3 - 5 ... some major players. Some great acting too from several cast members.

:yes:

Riggz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
For a long time I stayed away from this thread knowing that I would eventually watch the series. So I started in the summer and finally finished a couple weeks ago (I didn't want to binge watch it, I sipped it like fine wine). It was a great ride, one of the best series I've ever watched if not the best.

If you haven't taken the time to watch it, you're sleeping. I know I was for years but I'm glad I woke up.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
For a long time I stayed away from this thread knowing that I would eventually watch the series. So I started in the summer and finally finished a couple weeks ago (I didn't want to binge watch it, I sipped it like fine wine). It was a great ride, one of the best series I've ever watched if not the best. If you haven't taken the time to watch it, you're sleeping. I know I was for years but I'm glad I woke up.

Yeah man ... it was one of those series that had BGOL talking for over 5 years. When it was slow ... it had you waiting for the "OH SHIT" moments ... and when it was a rollercoaster ride with Gus Fring, Hector Salamanca, the twins & more ... we were all pretty much left with the :eek: "OH SHIIIIIIIIIIT" discussion from Sunday into the start of the following week ...

:yes:

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man.. No series has me go "oh shit!" more in both good and bad ways as Breaking Bad. Its the best series I ever watched, but I was glad after it was over. :lol:

Shit man, I still having trouble watching that scene where Andrea gets shot :smh:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Man.. No series has me go "oh shit!" more in both good and bad ways as Breaking Bad. Its the best series I ever watched, but I was glad after it was over. :lol:

Shit man, I still having trouble watching that scene where Andrea gets shot :smh:

That was cold-blooded as fuck for real. Meth Damon definitely cemented his villain status with that one.

8e023e31afd4f037491ec709e5e0c5ff.500x281x33.gif
breaking-bad-todd-andrea-shoot.jpg
Breaking-Bad-Morte-Andrea.jpg

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I've caught some of the marathon...watching it again makes me realize how not on the level of The Wire this show is

MurderCity

Rising Star
Registered
I've caught some of the marathon...watching it again makes me realize how not on the level of The Wire this show is

I disagree, The Wire is an awesome show, but BB > The Wire.

The Wire had 2 seasons that had a LOT of BS. The first half of season 2 with the Russians was horrible. Completely pointless. Then in Season 5 they tried to move away from the street again by adding in that newspaper shit, which could have been salvaged if they only had the one reporter added in and not everyone she works with. Shit was worse than Brody's family on Homeland. :smh:

BB had 1 bad episode that was BS IMO, the one with the Fly, and it was half redeemable because Walt got hit on his head twice (the fall and Jesse) and almost ratted on himself about Jane.

salamanca

Banned
I disagree, The Wire is an awesome show, but BB > The Wire.

The Wire had 2 seasons that had a LOT of BS. The first half of season 2 with the Russians was horrible. Completely pointless. Then in Season 5 they tried to move away from the street again by adding in that newspaper shit, which could have been salvaged if they only had the one reporter added in and not everyone she works with. Shit was worse than Brody's family on Homeland. :smh:

BB had 1 bad episode that was BS IMO, the one with the Fly, and it was half redeemable because Walt got hit on his head twice (the fall and Jesse) and almost ratted on himself about Jane.
Holy shit....I agree with everything you've said 100 fucking percent. Unbelievable...I would've said the exact same shit... :yes::yes:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I still need to check out The Wire in full. Not having HBO ... never got around to it. But have the 1st season lined up & will check the series out in full later in 2014.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
^^^^

:cool:

wish someone did this with Wire.

(and with the Sopranos to show how over-rated it was)

Yeah man - there are so many good podcasters out there these days. It would have been dope listening to peoples' takes on shows like The Wire, The Sopranos, The Shield, and others as they aired live earlier in the 2000s. Took a quick look on Google ... and here's some Wire matches that came up ...

http://redroompodcast.com/podcasts-about-the-wire/
http://redroompodcast.com/episode-guide-of-podcasts-year-2/
http://www.slashfilm.com/tag/the-wire/
http://www.slashfilm.com/filmcast-e...eview-guests-alan-sepinwall-and-myles-mcnutt/

the-wire-episdoe-25-.jpg

The-Wire-Season-3-Header.jpg