Caitlin Clark Is The Truth

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
As everyone said the Caitlin Clark fans would do if the Fever lose.

I'm her fan and it's her teammates fault that they're losing and her teammates fault that she's shooting 1 for 11.

Her teammates should guide the ball into the basket when Caitlin shoots.

Caitlin get none of the blame for missing shots and bad shooting :roflmao:
The YouTubers go live and talk about the game I'm going from each of their lives and they all just breaking down like they got the bill money on the game and yes most of the people in the live chat blaming everybody but Caitlin Clark..lol

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Even though a great many of Clark's fans are toxic (imo) it's undeniable that viewership is waaaayyyyy up both for the league in general and for her games in particular-

So, how much of the interest/hype in the women's game goes away if/when the Fever get eliminated? What does the rest of the season look like (from an interest/comments/posts standpoint) does this thread die or morph to general WNBA?

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
Even though a great many of Clark's fans are toxic (imo) it's undeniable what viewership is waaaayyyyy up both for the league in general and for her games in particular-

So, how much of the interest/hype in the women's game goes away if/when the Fever get eliminated? What does the rest of the season look like (from an interest/comments/posts standpoint) does this thread die or morph to general WNBA?
I was going to wait til Wednesday to ask this question but I've already seen her fans saying when the Fever get eliminated they won't watch anymore

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Somebody has to pay for this
20240922-163929.png

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Mansplaining?
It's called basketball
Half these blocks at the rim wouldn't occur if they used their other hand

I’m half-kidding but it actually does fit considering you’re sitting on your couch and the women you’re proposing a training regimen for are professional basketball players.

The term mansplaining was inspired by an essay, "Men Explain Things to Me: Facts Didn't Get in Their Way", written by author Rebecca Solnit and published on TomDispatch.com on 13 April 2008. In the essay, Solnit told an anecdote about a man at a party who said he had heard she had written some books. She began to talk about her most recent, on Eadweard Muybridge, whereupon the man cut her off and asked if she had "heard about the very important Muybridge book that came out this year"—not considering that it might be (as, in fact, it was) Solnit's book. Solnit did not use the word mansplaining in the essay, but she described the phenomenon as "something every woman knows." […] Lily Rothman, of The Atlantic, defined it as "explaining without regard to the fact that the explainee knows more than the explainer, often done by a man to a woman".

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
WNBA is more popular for one and lots of these fans are here to see Caitlin Clark and have said when/if the Fever get tossed they're not going to watch anymore so if the Fever lose Wednesday 2 games into the playoffs what do you think the ratings will be for the rest of the playoffs?

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The WNBA gonna make these series 5 and 7 games next year this 3 game stuff isn't going to cut it anymore

Might as well go full 7...

They probadly expand the playoffs to 10 to 12 teams when they get to 16 teams in 2028...

I bet they going to expand the season to 50 games too...

Extra games =
money.gif

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The WNBA gonna make these series 5 and 7 games next year this 3 game stuff isn't going to cut it anymore
Yeah they’re definitely gonna extend it to at least 5 games. Because the first 2 games at the higher seeds home so it’s a chance that the visiting team never gets to play a home playoff game.

That’s not fair and the WNBA’s been too broke to travel to the other team’s city for the 2nd game at the lower seeds home.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m half-kidding but it actually does fit considering you’re sitting on your couch and the women you’re proposing a training regimen for are professional basketball players.

The term mansplaining was inspired by an essay, "Men Explain Things to Me: Facts Didn't Get in Their Way", written by author Rebecca Solnit and published on TomDispatch.com on 13 April 2008. In the essay, Solnit told an anecdote about a man at a party who said he had heard she had written some books. She began to talk about her most recent, on Eadweard Muybridge, whereupon the man cut her off and asked if she had "heard about the very important Muybridge book that came out this year"—not considering that it might be (as, in fact, it was) Solnit's book. Solnit did not use the word mansplaining in the essay, but she described the phenomenon as "something every woman knows." […] Lily Rothman, of The Atlantic, defined it as "explaining without regard to the fact that the explainee knows more than the explainer, often done by a man to a woman".
I'm on my couch but I can make a left handed lay up

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah they’re definitely gonna extend it to at least 5 games. Because the first 2 games at the higher seeds home so it’s a chance that the visiting team never gets to play a home playoff game.

That’s not fair and the WNBA’s been too broke to travel to the other team’s city for the 2nd game at the lower seeds home.
When I heard about the home home away format I was saying that's messed up because in a 3 game series it should be home away home that way giving each time a home game and higher seed getting last game home advantage