Caitlin Clark Is The Truth

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
20240829-032025.jpg

daddyfatsacks9000

Unapologetic Heterosexual Male
BGOL Investor
When you don't have a bitch all in your ear telling you to pass the ball so she can keep her streak going.....
:roflmao:
Those struggle doubles be fuckin up the shooters rhythm. I don't think I've ever seen AR kick the ball back out off a offense board. They be on the perimeter clapping loud as shit. No response. No look. Just janky lay-up package.

daddyfatsacks9000

Unapologetic Heterosexual Male
BGOL Investor
He pissed me off when he said I was mansplaining lol
These dudes just be in here making shit up. I hope the thread title never changes. I come in here to harvest hater tears for my coffee. It has a slight salty favor, but overall adds to the sweetness. I believe it comes from Angel Reese thirst and these niggas elevated sassiness levels.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These dudes just be in here making shit up. I hope the thread title never changes. I come in here to harvest hater tears for my coffee. It has a slight salty favor, but overall adds to the sweetness. I believe it comes from Angel Reese thirst and these niggas elevated sassiness levels.
This is the play I was talking about
If she lays it up with the other hand there's no block

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

You know your messiah isn't coming back after she's crucified in three days, right?

IDGAF about Angel Reese but there should be a real WNBA thread. Caitlyn season is coming to a grisly and undignified end.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
He pissed me off when he said I was mansplaining lol

The definition fit-- You really think you're qualified to give the best women players in the world tips on their games.

I get that fans do that with men too, to be fair, but it's ridiculous in that case as well.

"If you knew better, you'd do better"

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The definition fit-- You really think you're qualified to give the best women players in the world tips on their games.

I get that fans do that with men too, to be fair, but it's ridiculous in that case as well.

If the "best" players in the world can't make lay ups with both hands we have a have a problem

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
But yeah @praetor 10pm is too fucking late
On a Sunday night. :smh:
that said, I'm staying up for the game

Are you responding to the part of his post where he said they need to do lay up drills, or the part where he said they miss far too many off- hand shots?
I think it's a fair criticism (and I don't think one needs to be a professional athlete to make it) that there are an awful lot of missed layups on that side of the rim. I'm not suggesting what should be done to fix that, but I'm sure most fans would rather see the majority of those shots fall.

secondly, if no one were allowed to criticize athletes unless they were one, most sports would be boring, espn would be out of business and this thread would be short as fukk

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
secondly, if no one were allowed to criticize athletes unless they were one, most sports would be boring, espn would be out of business and this thread would be short as fukk

Touché.

If the "best" players in the world can't make lay ups with both hands we have a have a problem
Are you responding to the part of his post where he said they need to do lay up drills, or the part where he said they miss far too many off- hand shots?
I think it's a fair criticism (and I don't think one needs to be a professional athlete to make it) that there are an awful lot of missed layups on that side of the rim. I'm not suggesting what should be done to fix that, but I'm sure most fans would rather see the majority of those shots fall.

We're watching what could be the end of the plumber's era. I think women's basketball obviously is not as evolved as men's and it seems suspect to just start watching the game as it explodes in popularity and roll up like "these bitches suck."

It may be a truthful observation but I'm not sure it is a fair criticism because it's like showing up to a high school play and "criticizing" it like it is The Wire. It is what it is as far as the talent.

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Touché.

We're watching what could be the end of the plumber's era. I think women's basketball obviously is not as evolved as men's and it seems suspect to just start watching the game as it explodes in popularity and roll up like "these bitches suck."

It may be a truthful observation but I'm not sure it is a fair criticism because it's like showing up to a high school play and "criticizing" it like it is The Wire. It is what it is as far as the talent.
I'm not sure I agree. Many of these professional players have been involved with basketball since they were 10 or 11 years old, playing through AAU type leagues, Middle and High School teams, then College before turning pro. Though many women athletes have historically been paid like plumbers (or less), I think it's fair or reasonable to expect a professional level of competency from a professional athlete- or are you saying we should expect a certain level of incompetency because they have not been a mega- popular league until now? I think that's a disservice to the hard work they put in on a daily basis- and to many of the all-out ballers of the past-

I think new eyes on the game is good- it drives up revenue, which drives up salaries- but i don't think that many of the people new to the women's game care much about anything beyond a player here or there, a team here or there, logo 3s, records and wins. Not to defend dude that was 'mansplaining', but I would wager most people talking about layups (when they are criticizing the league in general and not a specific player) are more likely to be actual fans of the women's game and are actually watching and trying to enjoy them.

IMO, (not a professional athlete's, mind you) off-hand lay ups is one of those skills that can be improved through work. Some skills and talents seem god-given (praise Yahweh), but I don't think going to the off hand is one of them, and any player (male or female) can probably improve with practice. thoughts?

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For a Chick with "Model" Looks,
Skylar just don't give a SHIT, Man!
Sista is tough!
She must be going through something because she's been going through a bad hair day for a couple of weeks now :lol:

Or maybe she's just focused on basketball right now and that's the look that she's going for.