Caitlin Clark Is The Truth

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
It all depends on league leadership. Several things they can do help grow the league. Better scheduling is toward the top of the list for me. Also think the league lacks good coaches overall. All the best are at the college level. Which is the opposite of most pro sports. I think you would see better schemes and execution on the floor if this changes.

Prob won't see any time soon, because the money is not there to attract them. Watch a LSU, UCONN or South Carolina game. You won't see anywhere near the mistakes(missed layups) at those programs. Like you would watching some of the WNBA teams, with the exception of Aces, Liberty, Suns, and Lynx. Which makes sense when you look at who made it to conference finals. I do think Fever is on the cusp of being one of those teams. I would've said Sky if they hadn't fired their coach after one year. That team had a whiles to go. But I think Spoon could've gotten them on that level.

You also have stars like JuJu and PaigeB on the way to help keep the momentum going. Now there will always be a certain percentage of people who won't watch much women basketball. Not having dunks or playing at the same speed/athleticism as men is big turnoff for some. I actually think the fundamentals and execution is better for the top women college teams than the men.
I spoke on this before the womens game is the same on all levels as far as the missed layups and bad play. I started watching the WNBA because I figured it being filled with the best of the best from college the game wouldn't be as sloppy but it still was, just like college you had a few that looked polished but the majority weren't and it's been like that for 27 years.

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
I spoke on this before the womens game is the same on all levels as far as the missed layups and bad play. I started watching the WNBA because I figured it being filled with the best of the best from college the game wouldn't be as sloppy but it still was, just like college you had a few that looked polished but the majority weren't and it's been like that for 27 years.

I've seen some cringe worthy moments with the missed layups and sometimes just uncoordinated play. Watching a non AAU girls HS game can be pretty bad. The girls at the college level not all the bad in my opinion. But then again I'm usually only watching the top squads play. I don't see the goofy stuff with A'Ja, Plum, Stewie and a few others. I'll throw JuJu and Paige Bueckers in there too. The hand eye coordination and play is top notch. I can name several others. But you have some who still look like "girls" out there playing if that makes any sense. Kamilla Cardoso comes to mind. She just plays "girly" to me, despite being one of the biggest players in the league. Not saying she needs to go full Pops Griner..:hulksmash2: Never go full Pops Griner...but give me a little toughness around the paint.