Caitlin Clark Is The Truth

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's been like that, the WNBA doesn't make a lot of money so they don't really have room for extra players to develop them, they're hoping the players they do have develop. if you don't make a impact in TRAINING CAMP you can get cut no matter what pick you were

Sad but true.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People just talking man. Think about it for a second. How many people know any of the SC players? CC is like the Taylor Swift of basketball right now. She has a huge following. SLN is about getting eyeballs to tune in. You think anyone was gonna tune in to watch Raven Johnson or Kamilla? lol. Both are ballers, but they don't command the attention as CC. It was never about her winning the chip. That would've just been the cherry on top.

The segment was to promote the WNBA not the NCAA... All the jokes and commentary was about the WNBA...

Actually one of the smartest things the WNBA have done recently...

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They can only be paid and treated like the money that the league generates.

Yeap...

The NBA hopes to achieve as much as a threefold increase from the US$2.7 billion a season it currently receives from ESPN and Warner Bros Discovery’s (WBD) TNT Sports, while the WNBA is reportedly hoping to achieve up to US$100 million a season.

:smh:... 100 mil a season...

WNBA generates approximately $60 million in revenue, while $12.3 million of that revenue is distributed to its 144 total players. ...

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
I still can't believe that these women used to have to fly commercial to games!!! That just blew me away.

I wish they could all be guarateed at least 100K/year to be out there.

Almost doesn't feel like a pro league with how much money the make.

The average WNBA salary in 2023 was $148k.

Or... The NBA could just subsidize it. These owners ain't hurting.

The NBA already does a lot to keep the WNBA alive. From subsidizing a league that loses money every year, to negotiating with ABC/ESPN to show WNBA games that are less profitable for the networks.

Those owners are businessmen, they would need to see a large potential for profit to put more money in the WNBA.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The average WNBA salary in 2023 was $148k.

The NBA already does a lot to keep the WNBA alive. From subsidizing a league that loses money every year, to negotiating with ABC/ESPN to show WNBA games that are less profitable for the networks.

Those owners are businessmen, they would need to see a large potential for profit to put more money in the WNBA.
I was saying it would be cool if the minimum was 100k.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If Caitlin has those tits she wouldn’t be able to see the rim when she shoots! :lol:
"For 3...........FUCK!"

306.gif

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn that is low, very and shameful.

It ain't the leagues fault...

But damn! :confused:
Part of my post in this thread explains why their salary is what it is.........

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Were any WNBA games even on ABC/ESPN last year, if so there weren't many

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Were any WNBA games even on ABC/ESPN last year, if so there weren't many

The WNBA and ESPN today announced that the league’s 27th regular season, set to tip off on Friday, May 19, will be highlighted by 25 national broadcasts during the regular season across ABC, ESPN and ESPN2.

During the upcoming season, the WNBA will collaborate with ESPN to present up to 52 possible games beginning with the WNBA Regular Season presented by Google and extending through the WNBA Playoffs presented by Google, which will feature up to 27 games, including the WNBA Finals presented by YouTube TV. In addition, history will be made on Saturday, July 15 when the 2023 AT&T WNBA All-Star Game in Las Vegas airs for the first time in primetime on ABC (8:30 p.m. ET).

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
It has begun.....

Already making the league money. I would like to know if there is any info on previous WNBA jersey sales. Has anyone jersey ever sold out that fast? Gonna take a guess and say no. I'm pulling them girls to come in and hopefully have some success. Time for some the old guard to start hanging it up and make room for some of the young talent coming in. Would love to see Reese/Cardosa have an immediate impact.

The WNBA does have a couple of things working in its favor. The season starts in May, which allows them to ride some of the momentum left over from the women tournament. New and old fans won't to wait long to see the new stars in action. Plus they only pay 40 games for the season. Shorter seasons make the games mean more. The league has already announced 36 of the Fevers game will be nationally televised.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Already making the league money. I would like to know if there is any info on previous WNBA jersey sales. Has anyone jersey ever sold out that fast? Gonna take a guess and say no. I'm pulling them girls to come in and hopefully have some success. Time for some the old guard to start hanging it up and make room for some of the young talent coming in. Would love to see Reese/Cardosa have an immediate impact.

The WNBA does have a couple of things working in its favor. The season starts in May, which allows them to ride some of the momentum left over from the women tournament. New and old fans won't to wait long to see the new stars in action. Plus they only pay 40 games for the season. Shorter seasons make the games mean more. The league has already announced 36 of the Fevers game will be nationally televised.
Damn! 36 games on national TV! Some serious ad money.

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
Damn! 36 games on national TV! Some serious ad money.

Did a quick check. The site just says 36 of 40 will be broadcast. But 10 will be on the ESPN/ABC or CBS. Think the said nationally during the draft though, which is where I originally heard it.

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
The playoffs were definitely on ABC and ESPN. As far as the regular season though, I missed most of it last year but I'm thinking that at least some of the games were on there.
Yea. ABC/ESPN had some games on during the regular season. Mainly on the weekends though. CBS aired some games also but did a piss poor job of promoting them.