Caitlin Clark Is The Truth

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor

The WNBA and ESPN today announced that the league’s 27th regular season, set to tip off on Friday, May 19, will be highlighted by 25 national broadcasts during the regular season across ABC, ESPN and ESPN2.

During the upcoming season, the WNBA will collaborate with ESPN to present up to 52 possible games beginning with the WNBA Regular Season presented by Google and extending through the WNBA Playoffs presented by Google, which will feature up to 27 games, including the WNBA Finals presented by YouTube TV. In addition, history will be made on Saturday, July 15 when the 2023 AT&T WNBA All-Star Game in Las Vegas airs for the first time in primetime on ABC (8:30 p.m. ET).

The playoffs were definitely on ABC and ESPN. As far as the regular season though, I missed most of it last year but I'm thinking that at least some of the games were on there.

Yea. ABC/ESPN had some games on during the regular season. Mainly on the weekends though. CBS aired some games also but did a piss poor job of promoting them.

You gotta look at the wording, 25 national broadcasts and 52 possible games I remember going to ESPN app and the games would be on ESPN3, the CBSSPORTS app, TUBI, at one time some of their games were on LIFETIME. I do remember some of the playoffs being on ABC/ESPN but there's no way 50+ WNBA games were nationally televised last year

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
You gotta look at the wording, 25 national broadcasts and 52 possible games I remember going to ESPN app and the games would be on ESPN3, the CBSSPORTS app, TUBI, at one time some of their games were on LIFETIME. I do remember some of the playoffs being on ABC/ESPN but there's no way 50+ WNBA games were nationally televised last year
You are correct. They had many games televised nationally but not that big of a number.

The big problem with viewership (as you eluded to) was that the "broadcasts" were scattered all over the place. You never know where it will be streamed. Not to mention some games were on the WNBA app exclusively.

I like that the networks have stepped up to give it more coverage. This will definitely help the league expand. If a big matchup mid-season arises don't stream that shit on Twitter. They should have the flexibility to put on ABC/ESPN for all to see.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ayo
I'm sitting here mad that I missed the WNBA draft and checking the schedule to see when the season starts with eager anticipation.
I'm actually looking forward to watching this season
Ain't that bout a bitch?! who woulda thunk it? :lol:

This year should set some viewership records and hopefully propels the league on an upward trajectory

Goddam that's an ugly broad!!! Bitch look like she should be on a cereal box around Halloween. :smh:

IKslCC.jpg

lol son said the bitch look like Frankenberry

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2023 ESPN PLATFORMS REGULAR-SEASON BROADCAST SCHEDULE

Day Date Time (ET) Away Home Platforms

Fri 5/19/23 11 PM Phoenix Los Angeles ESPN, ESPN+

Sat 5/20/23 1 PM Atlanta Dallas ABC

Sat. 5/20/23 3 PM Las Vegas Seattle ABC

Sun 5/21/23 4 PM Chicago Phoenix ESPN, ESPN+

Tue 5/30/23 9 PM New York Seattle ESPN2

Sun 6/11/23 1 PM Dallas New York ABC

Sun 6/11/23 3 PM Washington Seattle ABC

Sun 6/25/23 1 PM Washington New York ABC

Sun 6/25/23 3 PM Dallas Los Angeles ABC

Sat 7/1/23 3 PM Connecticut Las Vegas ABC

Sun 7/2/23 3 PM Washington Dallas ABC

Sat 7/8/23 1 PM Seattle New York ESPN

Sun 7/9/23 3 PM Washington Connecticut ESPN

Sat 7/15/23 8:30 PM AT&T WNBA All-Star Game ABC

Sat 7/22/23 1 PM Connecticut Atlanta ESPN

Sat 7/22/23 3 PM Las Vegas Minnesota ESPN

Tue 7/25/23 7 PM Las Vegas Chicago ESPN

Sun 7/30/23 4 PM New York Los Angeles ESPN

Tue 8/1/23 7 PM Minnesota Connecticut ESPN

Sun 8/6/23 3 PM Las Vegas New York ABC

Sun 8/13/23 3 PM New York Indiana ESPN

Sat 8/19/23 3 PM Los Angeles Las Vegas ABC

Mon 8/28/23 7 PM Las Vegas New York ESPN2

Sun 9/3/23 3 PM New York Chicago ESPN2

Sun 9/10/23 3 PM Phoenix Las Vegas ESPN2

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Ayo
I'm sitting here mad that I missed the WNBA draft and checking the schedule to see when the season starts with eager anticipation.
I'm actually looking forward to watching this season
Ain't that bout a bitch?! who woulda thunk it? :lol:

This year should set some viewership records and hopefully propels the league on an upward trajectory

lol son said the bitch look like Frankenberry
:roflmao2: :roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

Pr745x.jpg

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
caitlin's a generational talent that the wnba can market to death. i've been critical of the wnba over the years cause they haven't marketed these women being women. but over the past 2 years it has gotten a lot better. she ain't the prettiest but best believe she'll get better....lol.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im kinda confused about the outrage on the salary front.

76K is more than most make in this country, and more than nearly everybody makes in Europe. All of that for a sport nobody really cares about and in an industry that has never proved to be profitable? Its a good deal.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im kinda confused about the outrage on the salary front.

76K is more than most make in this country, and more than nearly everybody makes in Europe. All of that for a sport nobody really cares about and in an industry that has never proved to be profitable? Its a good deal.
I see where you are coming from and someone mentioned they are still making more than the avg college graduate.

On the flip side, I’ve seen where people say it’s a year long job and they have to do media appearances, the training, traveling, and etc.

I think when that new tv deal gets done and more brands come on board to start pumping endorsement dollars we might see it become more profitable.

Lou Williams gave an interesting take on his experience coaching girls basketball and why it’s the purest form of the game. Start at 22:40

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I see where you are coming from and someone mentioned they are still making more than the avg college graduate.

On the flip side, I’ve seen where people say it’s a year long job and they have to do media appearances, the training, traveling, and etc.

I think when that new tv deal gets done and more brands come on board to start pumping endorsement dollars we might see it become more profitable.

Lou Williams gave an interesting take on his experience coaching girls basketball and why it’s the purest form of the game. Start at 22:40

Arent MOST jobs year long?

I mean, outside of teachers(Who takes decades to reach 76k in most of this country) the expectation for a job is you to work all year.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
They are banking hard on the WNBA this season, when the last time a WNBA draft got this much hype even sold-out. They're praying the great white hope brings the league back to 96 when everyone was actually watching it. June 1st is the only game I'm waiting to see Chicago vs Indiana.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They are banking hard on the WNBA this season, when the last time a WNBA draft got this much hype even sold-out. They're praying the great white hope brings the league back to 96 when everyone was actually watching it. June 1st is the only game I'm waiting to see Chicago vs Indiana.
Crazy Aja got the Aces to play one of their preseason games at the University of South Carolina

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
Arent MOST jobs year long?

I mean, outside of teachers(Who takes decades to reach 76k in most of this country) the expectation for a job is you to work all year.
Let's keep it a stack. They truly only "work" for 4 months. Thats how long the WNBA season is. The appearances and things they do after the season is minimal. Plus, it's mostly paid gigs that help their pockets.

If you ask anyone in America, "what do you think about working 4 months and being paid $76k?," no one is going to tell you, "that's a shitty job. I wont take it."

People are stuck comparing WNBA salary's to NBA salary's and it's unfair to do so. They are completely different leagues with different revenue streams.

Last edited:

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You are correct. They had many games televised nationally but not that big of a number.

The big problem with viewership (as you eluded to) was that the "broadcasts" were scattered all over the place. You never know where it will be streamed. Not to mention some games were on the WNBA app exclusively.

I like that the networks have stepped up to give it more coverage. This will definitely help the league expand. If a big matchup mid-season arises don't stream that shit on Twitter. They should have the flexibility to put on ABC/ESPN for all to see.

They also had shit deals.. Twitter, ION and Lifetime.... Stop catering to women channels and put the games on Sport Networks....

If they gonna have NBA in the name use the same networks... ESPN/ABC, NBATV and TNT...

Keep Thursday as the weekly NBA / WNBA Headliner game with a women's Inside the WNBA... With Taylor Rooks hosting...

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

NBA TV Announces 2015 WNBA Regular Season Telecast Schedule​

Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 7:22 PM
150517-maya-moore-1440.jpg

NBA TV will televise 47 regular season WNBA games during the 2015 regular season, tipping off Saturday, June 6, when Jewell Lloyd – the No. 1 pick in this year’s WNBA Draft – and the Seattle Storm host the Los Angeles Sparks and Nneka Ogwumike at 9 p.m. ET.

Schedule highlights include:

• The Chicago Sky and All-Star Elena Delle Donne visiting the San Antonio Stars and Kayla McBride on Saturday, June 20, at 8 p.m.
  • A Sunday quadruple-header on June 21 featuring eight hours of game action, beginning at 3 p.m.
  • A Western Conference Finals rematch when the 2014 WNBA Champion Phoenix Mercury visit the Minnesota Lynx on Saturday, June 27, at 8 p.m.
  • The Atlanta Dream and Shoni “Showtime” Schimmel hosting 2014 WNBA Most Valuable Player Maya Moore and the Minneosta Lynx on Friday, August 14 at 7:30 p.m.
  • WNBA star Skylar Diggins and the Tulsa Shock visiting the New York Liberty on Saturday, August 15, at 7 p.m.
The WNBA schedule on NBA TV will include appearances from all 12 WNBA teams, along with extensive coverage of the league throughout the season including highlights and post-game interviews with players and coaches following key WNBA matchups.

NBA TV will televise the 2015 WNBA Preview Show with Kristen Ledlow and LaChina Robinson on Thursday, June 4, at 8:30 p.m. including live interviews with WNBA President Laurel Richie from the League Office in New York City and 2014 WNBA Coach of the Year Sandy Brondello from Phoenix.

WNBA on NBA TV 2015 Schedule

(All Times Eastern)
June

June 6Saturday9 p.m. ETLos Angeles at Seattle
June 16Tuesday12 p.m.Indiana at Atlanta
June 20Saturday8 p.m.Chicago at San Antonio
June 21Sunday3 p.m.New York at Atlanta
5 p.m.Connecticut at Los Angeles
7 p.m.Tulsa at Minnesota
9 p.m.Phoenix at Seattle
June 27Saturday8 p.m.Phoenix at Minnesota
June 28Sunday3 p.m.Los Angeles at New York
July

July 15Wednesday11 a.m.San Antonio at New York
July 22Wednesday10:30 p.m.New York at Los Angeles
July 29Wednesday8 p.m.Los Angeles at Minnesota
August

August 2Sunday3 p.m.Phoenix at Atlanta
August 6Thursday10:30 p.m.Tulsa at Los Angeles
August 7Friday7 p.m.Atlanta at Indiana
August 8Saturday8 p.m.Seattle at San Antonio
August 9Sunday7 p.m.Los Angeles at Minnesota
August 11Tuesday7 p.m.Chicago at New York
10:30 p.m.Seattle at Los Angeles
August 12Wednesday10 p.m.Seattle at Phoenix
August 14Friday7:30 p.m.Minnesota at Atlanta
10 p.m.
August 15Saturday7 p.m.Tulsa at New York
August 16Sunday3 p.m.Connecticut at Atlanta
5 p.m.Chicago at Los Angeles
9 p.m.San Antonio at Seattle
August 18Tuesday10:30 p.m.Indiana at Los Angeles
August 19Wednesday8 p.m.New York at San Antonio
August 21Friday7:30 p.m.Atlanta at New York
10 p.m.Los Angeles at Phoenix
August 23Sunday6 p.m.Minnesota at Phoenix
August 25Tuesday12 p.m.Connecticut at Atlanta
August 26Wednesday7 p.m.Los Angeles at Indiana
August 28Friday8 p.m.Los Angeles at Tulsa
10 p.m.San Antonio at Seattle
August 29Saturday7 p.m.Chicago at Atlanta
August 30Sunday9 p.m.Washington at Seattle
September

September 1Tuesday7 p.m.Atlanta at New York
September 2Wednesday3:30 p.m.Washington at Phoenix
September 3Thursday7 p.m.Chicago at New York
10:30 p.m.Washington at Los Angeles
September 6Sunday3 p.m.Washington at Atlanta
5 p.m.Tulsa at Los Angeles
7 p.m.New York at Minnesota
September 9Wednesday7 p.m.Los Angeles at Atlanta
September 13Sunday5 p.m.New York at Indiana
9 p.m.San Antonio at Seattle
NBA Digital is the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports which includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com, and WNBA.com.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

ESPN Announces 2020 WNBA Season Television Schedule​

January 16, 2020
  • 17-game Slate Tips-off May 16
  • Five Appearances by Defending Champions Washington Mystics
  • Entire Post Season Available on ESPN Networks
ESPN continues its longstanding commitment to the WNBA with a 17-game television slate for the 2020 regular season with games available across ABC, ESPN and ESPN2. The schedule includes multiple appearances by WNBA MVP Elena Delle Donne and the Washington Mystics, two-time MVP Candace Parker and the Los Angeles Sparks and WNBA career points leader Diana Taurasi and the Phoenix Mercury.

ESPN will once again present every game of the post-season including the best-of-five semifinal and championship series.

“We are honored to once again offer fans an extensive slate of WNBA matchups this season, with games on ESPN/ESPN2 and increased exposure on ABC,” said Carol Stiff, ESPN vice president of programming and acquisitions. “The WNBA continues to be a priority for ESPN, as it has been since its launch. We look forward to working hand-in-hand with the league, elevating women’s professional basketball to new heights.”

Schedule Highlights:

• Reigning Champions: The Washington Mystics open the slate against the Los Angeles Sparks on Sat, May 16, at 4 p.m. ET, on ESPN
  • Rematch: On June 28, the Connecticut Suns Travel to the Mystics for a rematch of last season’s championship series, at 3 p.m. on, ESPN2
  • By the Numbers: The Mystics, Sparks and Phoenix Mercury all appear on the schedule five times during the regular season; The Seattle Storm and Connecticut Sun will each have four appearances.
All-Access Presentations:
ESPN’s presentation of the WNBA will continue to provide next level access with coaches mic’d up for every game, in addition to pushing innovative boundaries and continuing to provide enhanced story telling. Specific elements and talent line-ups will be revealed closer to the start of the season.

2020 Regular Season WNBA Television Slate

Date Time Game Network
Sat, May 16 4 p.m.Los Angles at Washington ESPN
Tue, June 28 p.m.Seattle at Washington ESPN2
Sat, June 6 3 p.m.Phoenix at Las Vegas ABC
Sun, June 7 3 p.m.Los Angeles at MinnesotaABC
Tue, June 16 8 p.m.Phoenix at New York ESPN2
10 p.m.Las Vegas at Los AngelesESPN2
Tue, June 238 p.m.Seattle at Dallas ESPN2
10 p.m.Phoenix at Los Angeles ESPN2
Sat, June 274 p.m.Chicago at Las Vegas ESPN2
Sun, June 28 3 p.m.Connecticut at Washington ESPN2
Thu, July 2 8 p.m.Connecticut at New York ESPN2
Sun, Aug 16 NoonMinnesota at Connecticut ESPN
Tue, Aug 258 p.m.Los Angeles at Chicago ESPN2
10 p.m.Minnesota at SeattleESPN2
Sun, Sep 6 3 p.m.Washington at PhoenixABC
Sun, Sep 13 3 p.m.Phoenix at Seattle ABC
Sun, Sep 20 3 p.m.Connecticut at Washington ABC
-30-

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

WNBA Season on ESPN2 Begins With the Defending Champion Phoenix Mercury vs. L.A. Sparks May 15​

May 10, 2010
Every Telecast in HD; All Games on ESPN3.com

to Tweet this Release http://bit.ly/cEM3bE | photos

ESPN2 will televise 18 regular season WNBA games, starting with the Los Angeles Sparks at the defending champion Phoenix Mercury Saturday, May 15, at 2 p.m. ET. All telecasts will be seen on ESPN3.com and will be televised in high definition on ESPN2 HD. ESPN networks have been televising the WNBA since 1997.

In addition, coverage of the postseason – the Eastern and Western Conference Semifinals, Conference Finals and WNBA Finals – will be on ABC and ESPN2, beginning Saturday, August 28, totaling up to 11 telecasts.

ESPN will present the “WNBA vs. Team USA: The Stars at the Sun” , which will showcase the world’s best female basketball players under one roof when the WNBA’s top talent faces the USA Basketball Women’s National Team on Saturday, July 10. This special event, hosted by the WNBA and the Connecticut Sun, will take place at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT.

COMMENTATORS
Pam Ward, Terry Gannon and Dave Pasch will serve be the play-by-play announcers, working with analysts Carolyn Peck and Rebecca Lobo. Heather Cox and Lobo will serve as sideline reporters.

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS
• Six appearances by the defending champion Phoenix Mercury 2009 MVP Diana Taurasi.
• Six appearances by the Los Angeles Sparks, featuring Candace Parker, who was both MVP and Rookie of the Year in 2008.
• Phoenix at Tulsa on May 25. Tulsa, coached by Nolan Richardson, has added former Olympian and collegiate basketball star Marion Jones.
• Full access coverage with live mics on players/coaches/referees, exclusive locker room interviews, and above and below the rim cameras for select telecasts.
• WNBA Power Rankings from John Hollinger for ESPN.com, which will be automated for updates after every game.
• “Five Questions With…” video feature with Rebecca Lobo Game previews, recaps, stats and standings on ESPN.com.
• Live scores accessible via the ESPN mobile Web site, ScoreCenter and ScoreCenter XL.
• Video highlights, recaps, standings, statistics and features on ESPN Mobile.
• Additional live coverage for close to 10 games will be made available on ESPN Mobile TV.

2010 SCHEDULE
(all games on ESPN2 except as noted)

DateTime (ET)Match-up
Sat, May 152 p.m.Los Angeles at Phoenix
Tues, May 257 p.m.Phoenix at Tulsa
Tues, June 17:30 p.m.Phoenix at Minnesota
9:30 p.m.Atlanta at Seattle
Tues, June 297 p.m.Indiana at Washington
Sat, July 35 p.m,Seattle at Los Angeles
Tues, Jan. 68 p.m.Connecticut at San Antonio
10 p.m.Phoenix at Los Angeles
Sat, July 103:30 p.m. (ESPN)WNBA vs. USA Basketball: The Stars at the Sun