Chantel Family Chantel on TLC... Trouble in Paradise. DIvorce... $265K Taken...

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Agreed. Have some friends locally who are big into gaming and some on Twitch - they have noted they wished they could really monetize it for themselves.

One of my dad's friends has a son who has lived abroad in Korea for the better part of the past decade. I'd say he's about 35yo now. Married. Works in teaching. My dad scoffed and said apparently he's heavily into Twitch and doing quite well on the platform. My dad knows nothing about Twitch and has never played a videogame, to my knowledge.

I joked back and said "don't laugh ... he's getting paid well in teaching over there & making money gaming on the side, and staying safe in recent years during the pandemic. He's got the game figured out."

And Truth is / Truth be told ... pun intended ... his wife is fine as fuck too.

:roflmao3::thumbsup:
:lol: :bravo:

Man the amount of money being quietly made in the internet is insane right now. It’s literally the new gold rush. If you find your lane and connect, it’s a wrap. Rack it in. I had always wondered why Pedro had that elaborate gaming setup too.

I think many older people equate video games to being lazy, while these Gen Z kids are laughing their “lazy” asses straight to the bank.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
:lol: :bravo:

Man the amount of money being quietly made in the internet is insane right now. It’s literally the new gold rush. If you find your lane and connect, it’s a wrap. Rack it in. I had always wondered why Pedro had that elaborate gaming setup too.

I think many older people equate video games to being lazy, while these Gen Z kids are laughing their “lazy” asses straight to the bank.

Agreed man. Got serious respect for everyone clocking $$$ off of Youtube, Twitch, OnlyFans, etc. Do what you do ... get paid ... make it worthwhile. Same for the webcam chicks who have been making $ for years beforehand too.

Funny side note re: videogames too ... I'm sure it has helped countless people around the world with their critical thinking, reaction time, concentration & driving skills too (spotting dangerous driving around you and getting into open spaces to avoid shit)

I haven't owned a console in the last 20 - 25 years. Last console was the Genesis. Got an addictive personality and I know Playstation, XBox, PC gaming would have derailed my life had I kept up with everything, lol.

Was at a friend's place in the mid-2010s ... and at the end of the night they got me to try this one game. I was so out of the loop it was like handing a controller to a newborn baby, lol.

But back in my day I was the real deal. I swear. The late-80s and 90s ... those were my years!

:roflmao3:

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
Thanks & you make solid points.

I guess at the end of the day ... Pedro & Chantel, and Darcey + Stacey are the most successful of the cast members thus far re: spin off money for themselves and assorted other family members or partners.

The other most successful people are probably those who are mainstays on Pillow Talk (there's a handful of duos who have been on for several seasons now).

But the best paid still being those individuals with spin offs. Good reminder too that it was Pedro's catchphrase leading to the show title.

Just wish at this point he would communicate more. The edit definitely isn't showing that, like you said. The relationship has soured too far.

The grinding together and having goals and once they've "made it" ... for things to all fall apart this past year and during a pandemic.

Quick side note ... I listen to some of the entertainment podcasts & they recap episodes. They discuss how sheltered Chantel and her siblings are. Referring to their parents as "mommy" and "daddy" (keep in mind they are approx' 24 - 30yo). And how dysfunctional and codependent Pedro's mom and sister are. The sister just wants mom's approval. Mom couldn't care less and hates her bf Alejandro and is fine being someone's mistress from nearly 30 years ago. So long as she got some money for her kids & got her law degree paid for.

I doubt any potential fiances or husbands have shown interest in her over the decades. She's quite cold and calculated. Too much free time on her hands. Cobwebs in regards to the vagina.

I've never seen so many unlikeable characters in a reality shows. Chantel's mom is a disaster. Not as bad as Lydia, but bad and Thomas doesn't say shit. The rest of the siblings are slightly odd as well. Fine as Chantel is she could've gotten any brother from the NFL she wanted. But non she went to the DR and got Pedro. Really?!?!?!

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Agreed man. Got serious respect for everyone clocking $$$ off of Youtube, Twitch, OnlyFans, etc. Do what you do ... get paid ... make it worthwhile. Same for the webcam chicks who have been making $ for years beforehand too.

Funny side note re: videogames too ... I'm sure it has helped countless people around the world with their critical thinking, reaction time, concentration & driving skills too (spotting dangerous driving around you and getting into open spaces to avoid shit)

I haven't owned a console in the last 20 - 25 years. Last console was the Genesis. Got an addictive personality and I know Playstation, XBox, PC gaming would have derailed my life had I kept up with everything, lol.

Was at a friend's place in the mid-2010s ... and at the end of the night they got me to try this one game. I was so out of the loop it was like handing a controller to a newborn baby, lol.

But back in my day I was the real deal. I swear. The late-80s and 90s ... those were my years!

Man I used to play Gran Turismo like a mad man back in the day. You couldn’t tell me shit gettin behind a wheel lmao.

Lately I’ve been dabbling with emulators and it’s been great. Simple and effective way to play all those games we played back in the 80’s and 90’s on a laptop. I use my PS4 controller and I’m off. I think I’ve run Super Mario World into the ground now lol

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Man I used to play Gran Turismo like a mad man back in the day. You couldn’t tell me shit gettin behind a wheel lmao.

Lately I’ve been dabbling with emulators and it’s been great. Simple and effective way to play all those games we played back in the 80’s and 90’s on a laptop. I use my PS4 controller and I’m off. I think I’ve run Super Mario World into the ground now lol

:thumbsup: :roflmao3:

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
I’m trying to see the Chantel side of things, but the math ain’t mathing bro.

In regards to net worth I present the following:

Pedro is one of the richest Reality Star & listed on most popular Reality Star. According to our analysis, Wikipedia, Forbes & Business Insider, Pedro Jimeno’s net worth is approximately $1.5 Million.

Looks like they make about the same. So the incentive is gone and for real, I heard this dude was a star on Twitch and that’s how he was able to amass that in such a short time span. I WOULD NOT be shocked if he earned much more than given the fact he’s a influencer/streamer. It also would explain just why he spent so much time playing video games: cause it was bringing in that paper.

But yea, I def get what you mean on this show being heavily scripted cause going off just what we see, there’s ALOT that don’t make sense here.

You really think he's puling it in like that. I've heard he had to cut the comments section of his IG off because of the vitriol he's getting.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I've never seen so many unlikeable characters in a reality shows. Chantel's mom is a disaster. Not as bad as Lydia, but bad and Thomas doesn't say shit. The rest of the siblings are slightly odd as well. Fine as Chantel is she could've gotten any brother from the NFL she wanted. But non she went to the DR and got Pedro. Really?!?!?!
I lowkey feel like Chantel was looking for Pedro to be like a bit like Thomas. Quiet, reserved, agreeable, passive and completely ran over from it seems.

Yea nah.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Interesting seeing the 37 year marriage between Karen and Thomas.

Whatever they've got ... it works for them. They still seem happy.

She's the alpha ... and he's just there, lol.

Chantel's brother River thinks he's a playa. He's not.

NFL players are lurking on BGOL reading this thread and co-signing her great T&A, but they don't want to put up with The Family Chantel's drama and bullshit.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
You really think he's puling it in like that. I've heard he had to cut the comments section of his IG off because of the vitriol he's getting.
Let’s just say I wouldn’t be surprised if he was. Like Funk and I were saying, there’s big money in the internet. So many people making bread by doing the most innocuous of things.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Co-sign. Delicious titties.
:lol: :roflmao:

giphy.gif

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
It's definitely a pretty real reality show in a sea of fakeness (many other shows). Especially this past season.

Sorry to hear that you had to witness your parents physically fighting back in the day - but sounds like things improved over time, right? It never got to that point with my folks, but lots of emotional abuse on either side. Pops was a depressed alcoholic (sober for 27 years now) and that didn't help either. Having to be on eggshells around him.

I told him in the early-2000s after a heated argument that we had and once tempers cooled that I was GLAD he never struck my mom. Said I didn't know what I would have done, and said I may have beaten the shit out of him, or worse.

He was stunned and taken aback. I said I was just being real and saying what I felt.

Ice cold. Scary to think about really.

Oh it did improve. It was just those moments. I had a great childhood except for the little hiccups. Crazy ass black folk living in the projects and from the south, arguing and getting drunk on weekends were the norm back in the 60s and 70s and then going to church on Sunday. I don't know how they did it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I lowkey feel like Chantel was looking for Pedro to be like a bit like Thomas. Quiet, reserved, agreeable, passive and completely ran over from it seems.

Yea nah.

Damn man ... that's a very good point.

A lot of times we hear about daddy issues throwing a loop into peoples' relationships later in life. When things aren't good in their younger years, etc.

But in their family's case ... they're tight-knit and all 3 kids love their parents dearly. My bad - 4 kids ... forgot about the older brother who lives away from them and is at odds.

Chantel has a great bond with her dad ... and probably hoped for someone similar. But in the end Pedro's become his own man & is not at all interested in playing the Thomas role to Chantel's Karen.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Interesting seeing the 37 year marriage between Karen and Thomas.

Whatever they've got ... it works for them. They still seem happy.

She's the alpha ... and he's just there, lol.

Chantel's brother River thinks he's a playa. He's not.

NFL players are lurking on BGOL reading this thread and co-signing her great T&A, but they don't want to put up with The Family Chantel's drama and bullshit.

Man River fucks me up. This kid think he Rico Suave or sum shit lookin like the yellow half of Kid N Play.

I can’t with that kid :lol:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Oh it did improve. It was just those moments. I had a great childhood except for the little hiccups. Crazy ass black folk living in the projects and from the south, arguing and getting drunk on weekends were the norm back in the 60s and 70s and then going to church on Sunday. I don't know how they did it.

Our family's a long line of drunks.

Pops has been in AA since the mid-90s and mom actually started attending around 2015 too (they live in separate cities). She realized she was becoming a problem social drinker ... drinking far too often. Glad she got that in check. More drunks on my dad's side of the family.

Looking back ... we kids sort of raised ourselves for a number of years. Parents worked shift work and were often doing 12 - 14 hour shifts. Weren't home that often and their hours overlapped most of the time.

I was glad for the quieter household in high school when they separated. Didn't enjoy when they'd have these major arguments or yelling matches just before heading out somewhere. Too much tension. Head off to a family gathering or event and they are miserable in the car. Shit like that.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
He thought he found The One with the late-20s WGOL Instagram chick ... the one who played with his heart and emotions.

She was marriage material. For a few months (read: to get some camera time).

That shit was too funny, you could see her lookin at him like, “this rookie don’t eem know…”

:lol:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
That shit was too funny, you could see her lookin at him like, “this rookie don’t eem know…”

:lol:

She got her first paycheck from TLC / Sharp Productions and it said - "$15 - guest appearance" and she thought ...

"Wait a second ... what am I doing with my life?"

Meanwhile, River Casanova was off in his apartment recording studio writing an instant classic professing his undying love for her ...

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Chantel’s family were absolutely shitty to Pedro in the beginning. So I don’t feel sorry for this brawd at all. Not everyone takes the high road.

uppity ass mofos
Nah they had the intel. It all makes more sense in the end cause I was saying the same shit. They definitely went OD and are some shitty peoplebin their own right but dude was gaming from the word "go." Pedro was held captive by his ambitions not by Chantel or her family.

Nigga was fuckin around basically the whole marriage, that Chaimara chick included. I bet his internet history look crazy af.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nah they had the intel. It all makes more sense in the end cause I was saying the same shit. They definitely went OD and are some shitty peoplebin their own right but dude was gaming from the word "go." Pedro was held captive by his ambitions not by Chantel or her family.

Nigga was fuckin around basically the whole marriage, that Chaimara chick included. I bet his internet history look crazy af.

Man, I only know what I saw from 90 Day and her show. I couldn’t stand them negroes. I have no doubt they all had motives, but it seems like Pedro was catching hell from jump. Especially with Chantel not telling her family anything about him until last minute. Smh

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Man, I only know what I saw from 90 Day and her show. I couldn’t stand them ...I have no doubt they all had motives, but it seems like Pedro was catching hell from jump. Especially with Chantel not telling her family anything about him until last minute. Smh

There was a similar situation on the most recent season of 90 Day. The couple Thais and Patrick. She's originally from Brazil, and he's originally from the eastcoast and they were living in Dallas & I believe have since relocated to Vegas.

I'll give him credit ... he clearly stated to her a number of times he wanted to do things properly and ask her father for her hand in marriage. She played games and stalled and waited until the very last minute to mention to her dad their marriage plans. She was hinting prior that she was just trying things out in the U.S. and may move back to Brazil. Even though their goal was always getting married and she's since gotten pregnant.

Her dad didn't really care for him at all and had apprehension re: American men.

But shit ... at least he was trying to go about things the right way & NOT play games like his future wife.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I’m shocked Chantel said all she wants to do is hurt Pedro back.

Naaaawww… ya think?